Candidates can download NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Unit 1 from this page. The exemplar has been provided by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) and the candidates can check it from below for free of cost. It contains objective, very short answer type, short answer type, and long answer type questions. Along with it, the answer for each question has also been provided. From the NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Unit 1, candidates can understand the level and type of questions that are asked in the exam.
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Unit 1 Integers
NCERT Class 7 Maths Unit 1 is for Integers. The type of questions that will be asked from NCERT Class 7 Maths Unit 1 are displayed in the below provided NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths Unit 1. With the help of it, candidates can prepare well for the examination.
Main Concepts and Results
Representation of integers on the number line and their addition and subtraction.
Properties of integers:
- Integers are closed under addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Addition and multiplication are commutative for integers, i.e., a + b = b + a and a × b = b × a for any two integers a and b.
- Addition and multiplication are associative for integers, i.e., (a + b) + c = a + (b + c) and (a × b) × c = a × (b × c) for any three integers a, b and c.
- Zero (0) is an additive identity for integers, i.e., a + 0 = 0 + a = a for any integer a.
- 1 is multiplicative identity for integers, i.e., a × 1 = 1 × a = a for any integer a.
- Integers show distributive property of multiplication over addition, i.e., a × (b + c) = a × b + a × c for any three integers a, b and c.
Product of a positive integer and a negative integer is a negative integer, i.e, a × (–b) = – ab, where a and b are positive integers.
Product of two negative integers is a positive integer, i.e., (–a) × (–b) = ab, where a and b are positive integers.
Product of even number of negative integers is positive, where as the product of odd number of negative integers is negative, i.e.,
|If the signs are the same||If the signs are different|
|Find the sum of the values of|
integers without sign, and then
use the same sign as the integers
|Find the difference of the values of|
integers without sign (subtract
lower value integer from greater
value integer) and then use the sign
of the integer with the greater value.
|To subtract an integer,|
add its inverse
|3 – 7 = 3 + (–7)|
5 – (–8) = 5 + 8
|a – b = a + (–b)|
a – (– b) = a + b
Multiplying and Dividing Two Integers:
- If the signs are the same, the sign of the answer is positive.
- If the signs are different, the sign of the answer is negative.
Multiple Choice Questions
Fill in the Blanks Type Questions
True False Type Questions
Other Important Type Questions
Click Here to download NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Maths for Unit 1 Integers.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.