Candidates can download NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Unit 7 from this page. The exemplar has been provided by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) and the candidates can check it from below for free of cost. It contains objective, very short answer type, short answer type, and long answer type questions. Along with it, the answer for each question has also been provided. From the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Unit 7, candidates can understand the level and type of questions that are asked in the exam.
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Unit 7 Conservation of Plants and Animals
NCERT Class 8 Science Unit 7 is for Conservation of Plants and Animals. The type of questions that will be asked from NCERT Class 8 Science Unit 7 are displayed in the below provided NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Unit 7. With the help of it, candidates can prepare well for the examination.
Multiple Choice Questions
- Wild buffalo is an endangered species because
(a) its population is diminishing
(b) it has become extinct
(c) it is found exclusively in a particular area
(d) its poaching is strictly prohibited
- Which one of the following changes may occur due to desertification?
(a) Decrease in atmospheric temperature.
(b) Increase in water holding capacity of soil.
(c) Increased chances of floods.
(d) Conversion of fertile land into a desert.
- Which one of the following statements is true about a Biosphere Reserve?
(a) It is a protected area where only endemic species live.
(b) It is meant only for the conservation of plants and animals.
(c) It is meant to conserve both, the biodiversity and the culture of that area.
(d) There are no other protected areas within its limits.
- The place meant for conservation of biodiversity in their natural habitat are
(i) Zoological garden
(ii) Botanical garden
(iii) Wildlife sanctuary
(iv) National park(a) i & ii;
(b) ii & iii;
(c) iii & iv;
(d) i & iv
- Which one of the following statements is true about endemic species?
(a) They are found exclusively in a specific habitat.
(b) Endemic species can never become endangered.
(c) They are found only in zoos and botanical gardens.
(d) They are not affected by the destruction of their habitat.
- Which of the following feature is correct for a wildlife sanctuary?
(a) It is an artificially created protected area for animals.
(b) It is a protected area for threatened and endangered wild animals.
(c) It is meant for conservation of only plant species.
(d) Capturing and poaching of animals is strictly prohibited here.
- Which statement is incorrect about endangered species?
(a) Their number has decreased drastically.
(b) They might become extinct in the near future.
(c) They pose a danger to other animals.
(d) Their natural habitat needs to be protected.
- What do black buck, elephant, python and golden cat together represent in a forest?
- The Red Data Book keeps a record of all the
(i) endemic species.
(ii) extinct species.
(iii) endangered plants.
(iv) endangered animals.(a) ii & iii;
(b) i & ii;
(c) i & iv
(d) ii & iv.
- Migratory birds fly to far away areas during a particular time of a year. Which of the following conditions present in their habitat during that time are responsible for this behaviour?
(i) Unavailability of food.
(ii) Extreme weather conditions.
(iii) Over crowding.
(iv) Lack of nesting areas.(a) ii & iii;
(b) i & ii;
(c) i & iv
(d) ii & iv.
- In our country, large patches of forests are being cleared for cultivation of crops. The environmental impact of such a practice will lead to
(a) soil erosion
(b) soil conservation
(c) soil pollution
(d) soil fertility
Very Short Answer Type Questions
- Why is it important to conserve forests?
- Mention any one action that you have undertaken to conserve trees.
- State whether the following statements are True or False. Correct the false statements.
(i) There can be a wildlife sanctuary within a biosphere reserve.
(ii) Plants of a particular area are collectively termed as fauna.
(iii) Deforestation leads to an increase in the water holding capacity of the soil.
(iv) Bison is an endemic fauna of Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve.
- Can a forest regenerate naturally in a short period of time?
- Name the first Reserve Forest of India.
Short Answer Type Questions
- Why are wildlife sanctuaries important for conservation of plants and animals?
- Why are endemic organisms in greater danger of becoming extinct?
- How are even small animals important in an ecosystem?
- A new species X is introduced in a forest. How is it likely to affect the local species of that area?
- Does soil erosion affect the fertility of soil? How?
- What is the unique feature of the biodiversity found in Panchmarhi Biosphere Reserve?
- Mention the aim of Forest (Conservation) Act.
- What is biodiversity?
Long Answer Type Questions
- Is deforestation associated with global warming? Explain.
- How does deforestation lead to frequent floods and droughts?
- Why should we save paper?
Click here to download the NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Science Unit 7 Conservation of Plants and Animals
Answers to Multiple Choice Questions
Mutiple choice Questions
Very Short Answer Questions
Short Answer Questions
Long Answer Questions
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.