Delhi School of Excellence Admission 2019: For providing the quality education, Govt. of Delhi took an initiative as they start Five School of Excellence in 2019. These five schools of excellence are co-educational, English medium, and from Class Nursery to 12. The students who want to take admission in Delhi School of Excellence have to register themselves by submitting the registration form along with the registration fees at their desired School of Excellence among the five. There would be 25 seats in each section for class nursery to class 5 and 40 seats for each section for class 5 to 12. Since the seats are limited, the Directorate of Education set eligibility criteria and conduct entrance exams ( For upper primary classes ) for admission into these schools. All the details regarding Delhi School of Excellence Admission 2019 have been provided below on this page.
Delhi School of Excellence Admission 2019
Admission into the Five School of Excellence has been started for different classes starting from Nursery to Class 12. The registration form is made available on the official website and a direct link is also provided on this page for the ease of candidates. The eligibility criteria & selection process for classes are different and the details of which has been provided below.
Schedule for Admission into Nursery to Class 3rd
|Application Form starts||11 Mar 2019|
|Application Form end||18 Mar 2019|
|Draw of Lots (For EWS/DG Category (Including 3%CWSN) for Nursery and for vacant seats from classes K.G. to II)||23 Mar 2019|
|Draw of Lots (For Unreserved seats (Nursery) including Siblings)||25 Mar 2019|
|Display of list of selected and wait-listed children on the notice board||27 Mar 2019|
|Submission and Verification of Documents||28 Mar 2019|
|Last date of Submission and Verification of Documents||30 Mar 2019|
|Admission of wait-listed children starts||01 Apr 2019|
|Admission of wait-listed children end||04 Apr 2019|
|commencement of primary class||1st week of April 2019|
The Schedule for Admission into Class IX
|Issuance and submission of Registration Form||03 – 11 April 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||16 April 2019|
|Declaration of Result||24 April 2019|
|Date and Time of Draw, If, required||25 April 2019|
|Admission process (Such as submission of documents/fees etc.)||4th week of April 2019|
The Schedule for Admission into Class XI
|Issuance and submission of Registration Form||17 to 24 Jul 2019|
|Date of Entrance/Screening Test||27 jul 2019|
|Declaration of Result by Display of Merit list in concerned School of Excellence||31 jul 2019|
|Date and Time of Draw, ( If required )||01 Aug 2019|
|Admission process of selected students (Such as submission of documents etc.)||Details will be provided by the|
Head of respective Schools of
Excellence after declaration of result.
- Click here to check the guidelines for admission in Class IXth in School of Excellence Sect-23 Rohini for the Session 2019.
- Click here to check the counselling schedule of Students for Admission to Class XIth in School of Excellence Sect-23 Rohini for Session 2019-2020
- Click Here to check Guidelines Regarding Admissions in Nursery (3+) to IInd in School of Excellence Sect-23 Rohini of Directorate of Education for the Academic Session 2019-20
- Click Here to get more details regarding admission into Nursery to class 3.
- Click Here to get more details regarding admission into Nursery to class IX.
- Click Here to get more details regarding admission into Nursery to class XI.
Directorate of Education, Delhi releases the application form for admission into its five schools of excellence from March 11, 2019. The application form for class 11th has been made available on the official website of the conducting body. A direct link of the application form is also provided below.
- Click here to download the registration form for students for Admission to Class XIth in School of Excellence Sect-23 Rohini for Session 2019.
- Registration Form Science (Medical and Non Medical) Stream
- Registration Form Commerce / Humanities Stream
- For Nursery to Class 2
- For Nursery – 3 years (child must be born between 01-04-2015 and 31-03-2016)
- For class KG – 4 years (child must be born between 01-04-2014 to 31-03-2015)
- For class 1 – 5 years (child must be born between 01-04-2013 and 31-03-2014)
- For class 2 – 6 years (child must be born between 01-04-2012 and 31-03-2013)
- For class 3 – 7 years (child must be born between 01-04-2011 and 31-03- 2012)
- For Class IX
- Students residing in Delhi who have passed class VIII from any Govt. /Govt Aided/Recognised Unaided School are eligible to apply for admission to class IX in School of Excellence.
- For Class XI
- Students residing in Delhi who have studied in any Government/Government Aided/Unaided recognized Schools of Directorate of Education/NDMC/Delhi Cantonment Board Schools of Delhi and have passed Class- X in Academic Session 2018-19 as well as Class IX in the Academic Session 2017-18 are eligible for registration for Entrance/Screening Test seeking admission in Class-XI in School of Excellence.
- There will be common Entrance/Screening Test for admission in Class XI of all the School of Excellence. However, there will be separate merit list for each of the School of Excellence.
Minimum percentage marks
|Stream||Aggregate pass %||Subjects pass %|
|Humanities||A student must have been declared pass at the Secondary School Examination by the CBSE or its equivalent board.|
For giving Economics as a subject, a student must have, at least, 45% in Aggregate.
For giving Mathematics as a subject, a student must have secured, at least, 50% in Mathematics.
For class Nursery to class 2
For admission into the class nursery to class 3 the selection of candidates will be based on the neighborhood criteria(only in general category) i.e. preference would be given to students living within 1 km of the school. If the seats remain vacant after the first round than students from 1-3 km, 3 – 6 km and beyond 6 km would be considered.
For class IX
All registered candidates will have to appear for Entrance Test that will be held on the same date & time for all the Schools of Excellence and the selection will be based on the merit of the applicant in the Entrance Test of respective School of Excellence in which the applicant has been registered for Entrance/Admission Test. Selection will be based on the merit of Entrance Test of respective Schools of Excellence. The enrollment in one section of a Class will not exceed 40 students.
The Entrance Test will consist of Objective Type questions to test the Numerical & Mental Ability, General Knowledge, and Language Comprehension and Descriptive Type questions to test the writing skills. The duration of the test will be for 2 hours & 20 minutes.
For Class XI
The selection of candidates would be based on the minimum eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of education, New Delhi and the merit obtained in the entrance exam. The candidates may have to face an interview if required.
List of Five School of Excellence with School ID
|School of Excellence, Khichripur||1002400|
|School of Excellence, Rohini||1413333|
|School of Excellence, Kalkaji||1925430|
|School of Excellence, Madanpur Khadar||1925432|
|School of Excellence, Sector-22, Dwarka||1821282|
Official Website : edudel.nic.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.