Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2020: Result and merit certificate holders of INMO 2020 have been declared. Also, the schedule for further stages, IMOTC has been released. The MOP (Mathematics Olympiad Programme) in India consists of six stages i.e. Pre- Regional Mathematics Olympiad, Regional Mathematical Olympiad, IMO Training Camp at HBCSE, Indian National Mathematics INMO, Pre-Departure Camp HBCSE and International Olympiad. After successful conduct of 2 stages, candidates are chosen for the 3rd stage, i.e, INMO. For registration, admit card, result, etc, scroll down to check all the updates regarding Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2020 from this page.
Latest: INMO 2020 result and tentative schedule for IMOTC 2020 is out. Scroll down to check.
Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2020
All the dates regarding Indian National Mathematics Olympiad 2020 and subsequent events are available. Candidate can check the schedule for the INMO 2020 from the table provided.
|Registration start||01 Jan 2020|
|Date of INMO Exam||19 Jan 2020|
|Result Declaration||12 Feb 2020|
|Re-evaluation request||12-17 Feb 2020|
|INMO 2020 Final scores and IMOTC 2020 List||03 Mar 2020|
|IMOTC 2020 Tentative Schedule|
|IMOTC dates||01-29 May 2020|
|Team selection test dates||20, 21, 27, 28 Jun 2020|
Result of Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2020
The INMO 2020 Final result and merit list have been released by the conducting body of the exam. Candidates can check their results from the official website or from the direct link provided below. The result is available for those students who appeared in the exam of INMO 2020.
- Click here to check the list of INMO 2020 Merit Awardees.
- Click here to check the final result of INMO 2020 and the list of students qualified for IMOTC 2020.
- Click here to check the INMO 2020 Solutions.
- Click here to check the INMO 2020 Question Paper.
- On the basis of the INMO, the top 30 students from Classes 8, 9, 10, 11 and the top 6 students from Class 12 in merit from all over the country will be chosen as INMO awardees.
- The INMO 2019 Merit Certificate holders who will be in class XII at the time of writing INMO 2020 will be eligible to qualify as an INMO Awardee in the class 12 quota. In addition to INMO awardees, the next 45 students who have performed well in INMO, but have not qualified as INMO awardees, are awarded INMO certificates of merit.
- In addition to the INMO awardees, up to five girl students (outside the INMO awardees list) will be chosen based on the performance in INMO, for training and possible selection in the EGMO 2020 team. Girl students studying in Class 12 will not be eligible for the additional girls’ quota.
Application Form For INMO 2020
Candidate can register for Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2020 online on the official website, olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in and then log in for the examination. Only those students who have qualified for INMO 2020 can register for the INMO 2020. The schedule of the registration is given on the schedule table above. Avoid the last day for registration and register well before the due date.
Application process over..!!
Eligibility Criteria for INMO 2020
Candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the examination before applying online. Candidate can check the details for the eligibility below:
- Those candidates who qualify the earlier 2 stages: Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad (PRMO) and Regional Mathematics Olympiad (RMO) are eligible to register for INMO 2020.
- These students who hold INMO 2019 Merit Certificate will be eligible to appear for INMO 2020 directly without qualifying through PRMO 2019 and RMO 2019.
INMO Scholarship 2020
The INMO awardees successfully completing IMOTC, who pursue B.Sc., or other courses adjudged by the Board to be on the same footing, with mathematics as one of the principal subjects of study, are eligible to receive a scholarship of NBHM, which is at present Rs. 4,000 per month, through the period of their undergraduate studies (subject to satisfactory progress). An enhanced scholarship would be available for pursuing masters studies in mathematics.
Instructions for Candidates
Candidates have to follow the instruction that is provided here:
1. The INMO 2019 exam is on January 19, 2020 (Time: 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm ). Please reach your exam centre NO LATER THAN 11:30 AM.
2. Please bring your school photo ID and the admit card that you will download from the registration website to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
3. Please bring a geometry toolbox with you to the exam centre. Note that you will be ALLOWED to use a RULER and COMPASSES. You will NOT BE ALLOWED to use a PROTRACTOR, a DIVIDER or a SET SQUARE.
4. Please bring your OWN pens, pencils, erasers and sharpeners. Write legibly with a BLUE pen or a BLACK pen. Geometry diagrams should be neatly drawn with a PENCIL and properly labelled.
5. Use of CALCULATORS of any sort and in any form is FORBIDDEN during the exam.
6. Use of MOBILE PHONE is FORBIDDEN during the exam.
7. ROUGH SHEETS will be provided during the exam.
8. Answer to each question should start on new page. Clearly indicate the question number.
9. At the end of the exam please submit ONLY your answer book along with the rough pages. You must return the unused pages to the invigilator. You may retain the question paper.
Note: Please note that giving false or misleading information may lead to disqualification at any stage of the Mathematical Olympiad Programme.
About INMO 2020
The principal aim of the mathematical olympiad and other math competitions is to stimulate love and enthusiasm for mathematics. It is a healthy competitive activity that facilitates the learning of mathematical concepts, and the teaching of major strategies for problem solving. The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. Apart from the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), in which India has been participating since 1989, it has also started participating in two more international Olympiad events: the European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO) and Asia Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO) 2 since 2015.
INMO Sample Paper
The INMO sample paper can be termed as a ‘Make or Break’ for every student. Sample paper play a major role in shaping your career path and aspirations. Here, we have bring some important previous years sample papers which will help you to prepare for INMO 2019 examination. The secret to crack any exam is diligent preparation and we hope that these previous year sample papers will be helpful for your preparation. Here we have provided the link for the sample paper for the intended candidates.
- Click here to download the problems and solutions of INMO 2019.
- Click here to download the previous years papers/ sample paper.
Information Brochure for Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2019, Click here to download.
Official website: olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
Leave a Reply