Kendriya Vidyalaya offers admissions to cater to the educational needs of the children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-Military personnel by providing a common programme of education. Advertisement for the admission will be released by Kendriya Vidyalaya in the last week of February 2020. The online registration will be done in order to take admission in KV. The main objective of KVS is to provide, establish, and maintain schools for the children of transferable employees of the Government of India, floating populations & others including those living in remote & undeveloped locations of the country. Do check the details of KVS Admissions for the 2020-21 session.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21 | KV Admission 2020
KVS will release the admission notification and guidelines for the admission. The online registration for Class-I in KV starts from first week of March, 2020, Registration for class-II onwards (except Class XI) will start from 2nd week of April, 2020 and Registration for admission in class XI will start within 10 days after the declaration of Board result. Students seeking admissions in KV may go through the schedule and further details required for the admission process of Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission schedule for the session 2020-21 is given below:
|Advertisement For Admission||Last week of February 2020|
|Online Registration for Class-I||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Last date of Online Registration for Class-I||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Declaration of the provisionally selected list for Class-I & admission for Class-I||Mar – April 2020|
|Extended date for Second Notification for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions (Class-I), if sufficient applications not received under RTE Provisions||Mar – April 2020|
|In case a sufficient number of registrations for SC/ST not received in 1st Phase, Second notification may be issued|
|Registration for class-II onwards (except Class XI)- Subject to the availability of vacancies in a particular classClick here to check.||1st to 2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of the list of class II onwards||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Admission for class II onwards||2nd to 3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for admission except Class XI||Last week of Apr 2020|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI||Within 10 days after the declaration of Board results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI||Within 20 days after the declaration of Board results|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admission in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI|
|Last date of Admission for class XI||1st week of Jul 2020|
Note: The following lists will be compulsorily displayed on the official website of the Kendriya Vidyalayas concerned, in addition, to display on the School’s Notice Board:
- List of children registered
- List of eligible children
- Category-wise list of provisionally selected candidates
- Waiting List & subsequent lists
If any of the dates happen to be a public holiday then the next working day will be treated as the opening/closing date.
Reckoning of age for all classes shall be as on March 31, 2020. Reservation of seats will be as per KVS Admission Guidelines available on the official website. For further details, parents may contact the Principal of nearby Kendriya Vidyalaya.
Before doing the registration, it is mandatory for the children to ensure the eligibility in order to take admission for the session 2020-21. Do check the eligibility criteria of Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Eligible Age For Admission:
- Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class-I. (Child born on 1st april should also be considered)
- The minimum and maximum age limit for the admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below:
|Class||Minimum age on 31st March||Maximum age on 31st March|
|I||5 Years||7 Years|
|II||6 Years||8 Years|
|III||7 Years||9 Years|
|IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|V||9 Years||11 Years|
|VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|X||14 Years||16 Years|
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the principal.
- There is no age restriction for the admission to Class XI & Class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Students seeking admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the session 2020-21 will have to do online registration. Online registration for all classes will not be performed at the same time. KVS will announce the various for the registration. The Registration for Class-I and registration for Class-II onwards (except Class-XI) subject to availability of vacancies in a particular class will start from its scheduled date which is given above. Registration for Class-XI will start within 10 days after the declaration of Board results.
An entrance will be conducted to get the admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class-IX. The admit card for the entrance test will be provided by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan before view days of exams. You will be updated by the latest information regarding the admit card when KVS will release the notification. Stay tuned with this page for latest update.
The student who is willing to take admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya can check last year admission procedure in order to take admission in the intended class for reference purpose onlySee the details of the KVS procedure of admission from below:
- Method of Admission in Class-I:
15% seats will be reserved for SC and 7.5% will be reserved for ST students out of the available seats of fresh admissions.
According to the last year details In the First Phase 10 seats (out of total) in Class-I per section are to be filled as RTE provisions (25% of seats) and these seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBP who are the resident of Neighborhood/Differently abled taken together.
In the second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per Priority Category System of the previous year.
- Method of Admission in Class-II to Class-VIII
For the admissions in Class-II to Class-VIII, no admission test will be conducted. The admission will be granted on the basis of the Priority Category System as per last year. If applicants are more than the number of seats, the lottery system will be followed.
- Method of Admission in Class-IX
As per last year information, for admission in IX, an admission test will be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admissions will be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission Test will be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- There will be only one paper of admission test of 3 hours & 100 marks comprising each subject of 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang Category(PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
- Method of Admission in Class-XI
For KV Students: Admission in different streams viz Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class-XI in KVs for KV student will be based on aggregated marks scored in Class-X exams as under:
- Science Stream: Minimum of 60% marks are required in all subject.
- Commerce Stream: Minimum of 55% marks are required in all subject.
- Humanities Stream: All students of KV if declared successful in class-X exams.
For Non-KV Students: If seats remain vacant in class XI after admitting the students of KV/neighboring KVs then the non-KVs students will be granted admission on the basis of the sequence of categories of priority.
Documents Required for Admission: As per the details of last year admission process the following documents are required by the students for admission in KV:
- For Class-I, the Birth certificate as age proof issued by the authority competent to register births.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament of PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee would be required.
- Certificates of SC/ST/ESW/OBC/BPL where applicable, issued by competent authority in concerned State or Union Govt.
- For a handicapped child, a certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation center or any other competent authority defined by Govt. of India certifying the child to be handicapped.
- A service certificate showing the number the transfer during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of residence.
- Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
- The incomplete registration form will be rejected normally.
- Admission on the basis of wrong certificates will be canceled.
The shortlisted student’s list who will grant admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be released by KVS after some time of registration. The result of the entrance test for Class-IX will be released by KVS after the successful conduction of the Entrance Test. The result details will be available on the official website of KVS. Also, You will be provided by a direct link to obtain the result.
Fee structure (Per Month)
Below we mention the Last year fee structure of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for the interested candidates.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 25.00|
|Re-Admission Fee||Rs 100.00|
|Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200.00|
|Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300.00|
|Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs.400.00|
|Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100.00|
|Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage||Rs 150.00|
|Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I – XII)||Rs. 500.00|
Official website: kvsangathan.nic.in
For more Information about Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 – Download 2019’s Admission Guidelines.
Insofar, Official details for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 has not been announced. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Kendriya Vidyalaya releases Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 Information Brochure, details will be updated here.