Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2022- The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) admissions for the session 2022-23 are underway. The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti oversees the admission intake to the classes 6th, 9th and 11th. The students are required to apply for the JNV admission on the official website, navodaya.gov.in or nvsadmissionclassnine.in. Admissions to Class VI in JNVs are made through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST) which is conducted in several local languages. While the admission in Class IX is done through an All India level Admission Test. For Class XI, lateral entry admission is done on the basis of the students’ performance in Class X Board Exam. After successfully applying online, the students who qualify the entrance test, merit and other eligibility, as applicable, are going to be given admission to the available seats in the respective classes of the JNVs. Read below for the details regarding the JNV admission 2022 in classes 6th, 9th, and 11th.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2022
The admissions into the JNVs is done after it is ensured that the students satisfy all the eligibility criteria. The students who get admissions are given free education including lodging, uniform and textbooks.
JNV Admissions Links
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 for Class 6
The JNV Class VI admissions details are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria- In order to apply, the candidates must be from the district concerned where the JNV has been opened, and in Class-V of the latest academic session. Students who have ‘B’ certificate (on or before 30th September 2021) of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) can also apply. No candidate is eligible to appear in the JNVST for the second time.
- JNVST- The JNV class VI admission is going to be taken through an OMR based objective Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Selection Test (JNVST) 2022.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 for Class 9
The JNV Class 9th admission are taken for the vacant seats. The interested and eligible students can apply online through the official website.
- Eligibility- The students who are studying in class VIII in the latest academic session can apply. These students must also pass class VIII exam before the JNV Class 9th admission.
- Admission Criteria- The JNV class 9th admission is going to be done through an All India level Admission Test. The selection test is going to be held as an objective type OMR sheet test.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2022 for Class 11
The JNV admission to Class XI is done for the lateral entry.
- Eligibility Criteria- Class X passed students between the age of 14-18 years as of 1st July of the admission year can apply.
- Merit Lists and Admission Criteria- The class 11th admission is done through a merit list prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the students in Class X Board exams. There is no additional entrance test that the students have to take for JNV class 11th admission. 2 types of merit lists are prepared for the JNV class XI admission. First, a district-wise list is prepared, after which a State-wise list is released as well. If the seats are left vacant after the district-wise admissions, then the State-wise merit list is referred to for the remaining admission seats.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission Form 2022-23
The students who satisfy the eligibility criteria of the respective classes, can apply for the JNV 2022-23 admissions online. The steps for the same are given below:
- Visit the official website, navodaya.gov.in.
- Select the link for the JNV application form for the desired class.
- Fill the online aplication form details.
- Upload the required certificates with photograph and signatures of the candidates and their parents as attachments between 10-100 kb in JPG format.
- Submit the form and save its copy for future use.
NVS Admit Card 2022
The candidates who have applied for the JNV class 6th and 9th admissions are going to be issued admit cards for the entrance test. The candidates must take the printed copy of their admit cards to the exam centres.
- Released where- The online admit cards are going to be released on the official websites, navodaya.gov.in or nvsadmissionclassnine.in.
- How to Get- The students can download the online admit cards by logging in using their registration no. as username and date of birth as password.
- Details on Admit Card- The JNV test admit card contains exam related information like Class, exam name, exam centre, timing and duration.
JNV Result 2022
The JNV admission result is separately for different classes. The final result is only granted if the students present the required documents as eligibility proofs at the time of admission.
- For Class 6th Admission- Result is prepared on the basis of the students’ performance in the JNVST exam for class 6th admssion.
- For Class 9th Admission- Result is prepared on the basis of the All India level entrance/ selection test.
- For class 11th admissions- The merit lists of 2 types are prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the students in Class X Board exams. First, a district-wise list is prepared, after which a State-wise list is released as well. If the seats are left vacant after the district-wise admissions, then the State-wise merit list is referred to for the remaining admission seats.
JNVST Exam Statistics
Total 4413 candidates were selected in Class-IX through Lateral Entry Test 2020 during the session 2020-21. Given below are the statistics regarding the admission to Class-XI through Lateral Entry 2020-21. Here, Orange bar is for Science stream, Green for Commerce, Blue for Humanities, and Purple for Vocational Studies.
Given below is some data related to the JNVST 2020-21 for class 6th:
|JNVST 2020-21 Class-VI||Details|
|Total Candidates Registered||2543459|
|Total candidate appeared||1927354|
|Total candidate selected||45291|
|JNVs where JNVST 2020-21 Class-VI conducted||636|
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 636 are functioning. The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned is as under:
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||Himachal Pradesh||12||Punjab||22+01**|
|Chattisgarh||27+01**||Madhya Pradesh||51+02**+ 01*||Uttar Pradesh||75+01**|
|Daman & Diu||02||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||01||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total||638+22**+1*= 661|
** Additional JNVs sanctioned for the Districts having large concentration of SC/ST population.* Special JNV.
Official Website : navodaya.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.