Biomedical engineering is the study of engineering as applied in the medical sector such as manufacturing prostheses, medical equipment, diagnostic devices and drugs. Professionals in this field are known as a biomedical engineers. The biomedical engineers utilize the engineering methods and theories to enhance health care Orthopaedic and rehabilitation engineering, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering are also a part of this discipline.
The eligibility criteria for Biomedical Engineering are given below.
10+2 examination with biology, maths, and chemistry.
For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration of the course is 4 years.
Popular courses under Biomedical Engineering are provided below:
- B.Sc. in Bio medical Science
- B Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- Dual Degree programmes
- Ph. D programme in Biomedical science
Colleges & Universities Offering Biomedical engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Biomedical Engineering are –
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Centre of Biomedical Research, University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi
- Department of Biomedical Engineering, (University College of Engineering) Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Govt. Model Engineering College, Kochi, Kerala