Advertising chiefly targets at creating demand, encourages marketing, and establishes a direct contact between manufacturers and consumers. The entire purpose of advertising is to apprise and influence public to purchase products and services. Advertising is done through TV, the Internet, Newspapers, magazines, outdoor Publicity.
The eligibility criteria for Advertising Course are-
- For certificate courses- 10+2
- For graduate degree in mass communication- 10+2.
- For post graduate diploma courses – graduation.
The popular courses are as given-
- Diploma / PG Diploma in Advertising & Photography
- Diploma / PG Diploma in Advertising.
- PG Diploma in Marketing Communications Management
- PG Diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communication
- Integrated BA in Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management (after 10+2)
- MBA – Advertising, Public Relations, Sales Marketing
Colleges & Universities Offering Advertising
The colleges and university offering advertising are as below-
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, JNU Campus, New Delhi.
- Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai.
- Annamalai University, Chennai (www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in)
- Guru Jambeshwar University, Haryana (www.gju.ernet.in)
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana (www.kuk.ernet.in)
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai (www.mkuniversity.org)
- Punjabi University, Patiala (www.universitypunjabi.org)