PMSSS Scholarship 2020 – In view of the outbreak of COVID-19 disease and lock-down situation nationwide, The new date for PMSSS Scholarship 2020 Registration will be announced shortly. Candidates can check the official website i.e. aicte-india.org, for latest updates. Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. PMSSS is the scholarship scheme for the students of Jammu and Kashmir. The scholarship provides assistance for the youth of J&K for Higher Education. All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) awards the scholarship to the candidates. The admission to this is done through the process of centralized counselling every year. Qualified students also get up to Rs 3 lakh along with other benefits of the scheme. Candidates can check all the information regarding it from this article and stay tuned to the page to get all the latest information related to it.
Latest: The new date for PMSSS Scholarship 2020 Registration will be announced soon. Stay with us for latest updates.
PMSSS 2020 Scholarship
Candidates have to apply online for availing the benefit of this scheme by filling out the form. Check from below headings about eligibility criteria, benefits of the scheme and many other things. Check the expected schedule for PMSSS 2020.
|Release of Application Form|
|Last date to fill Application Form|
|Release of Merit List|
|Counselling Round – 1|
PMSSS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the below-mentioned points to know whether they are eligible to apply for the scheme or not.
- Candidate must be from Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- Passed 10+2 or 12th from the board JKBOSE or CBSE schools located in the J&K.
- Passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnic for admission directly in 2nd year in affiliated colleges on the vacant seats.
- Family Income should not exceed more than 8 lakh per annum.
PMSSS 2020 Scheme Benefits
The scheme aims at providing students with various benefits some of them are mentioned below. Read from below to know about them.
- The scheme releases notification every year for around 5,000 scholarships every year for General, Engineering and Medical degrees.
The below-mentioned table will reveal the details as per the last year’s data related to the scholarship for different degrees.
|Degree||Admission Fee(payable to Institute)||Maintenance Charges||No. of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Up to INR 30,000/p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2070|
|Engineering Degree||Upto Rs.1.25 lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2830|
|Medical Degree or Equivalent to it||Upto Rs. 3 Lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||100|
How to apply for PMSSS 2020?
Interested candidates must once go through to the eligibility heading before proceeding for applying to the Scheme.
- Step 1 – Candidate has to visit the official website of the AICTE.
- Step 2 – After this candidate has to select the category from “12th Registration” or “Diploma Registration”.
- Step 3 – Now, after selecting the category candidate has to submit the Academic and Personal details.
- Step 4 – Moving forward to the next step students has to upload the documents. A list of it is shared below on the “PMSSS Registration 2020”.
- Step 5 – Now, the candidate can submit the application by reviewing the details filled in the form.
Selection Criteria of PMSSS 2020
Those students who will be applying for the Scholarship can check below the selection procedure.
PMSSS 2020 Merit List
All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) will release the merit list online on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the 12th exam and filled in the application form. Two merit lists will be released i.e. Provisional and Final Merit List. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit list followed by the counselling round/seat allotment round. The following information can be taken from the merit list.
- Candidate’s Name
- Provisional Merit List No.
- Student ID
- Year of Passing
- 12th Marks
PMSSS 2020 Seat Allotment
After releasing of merit list by the AICTE the counselling or seat allotment process will begin. Seat allotment round will include the verification of documents and the choices filled by the candidate for the admission to different colleges will be done. Those candidates who will get allotted will come under fee waiver students under the PMSSS scheme.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development. It’s established in 1945 as the advisory body but later in 1987 by the Act of Parliament, it becomes the statutory body.AICTE is responsible for the planning and coordinating of the development of the technical education and management education system in India.
Official website: www.aicte-india.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.