PMSSS Scholarship 2023 is the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. PMSSS is a state-level Scholarship Exam for the 10+2 students of Union Terrritories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The scholarship provides assistance for the youth of J&K and Ladakh for Undergraduate admission (Higher Education) outside the state. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) awards the scholarship to the candidates. The admission to this is done through the process of centralized counselling every year. Qualified students get up to Rs 3 lakh along with other benefits of the scheme. Candidates can check the official website i.e. aicte-india.org, for latest updates. Candidates can check all the information regarding it from this article and stay tuned to the page to get all the latest information related to it.
Latest – PMSSS Scholarship 2023 Merit Rank is Out. Get link to check here
PMSSS 2023 Scholarship
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducts the PMSSS J&K Scholarship exam under Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan (PM-USP) Yojana to identify talented students and reward them. All important details and updates on Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Examination 2023 are as follows.
PMSSS 2023 Exam Date
The important dates of Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Examination 2023 for the UT of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are as follows. However, students should also keep checking the official website aicte-india.org and newspapers for changes in schedule.
|Online Registration||22 May – 20 Jun 2023|
|Verification of documents of Registered candidates|
at nearest Facilitation-cum-Document Verification
|24 May – 23 Jun 2023|
|Choice Filling Options open for all candidates|
whose documents have been verified.
|16 Jun – 09 Jul 2023|
|Opportunity for Corrections, if any, in the|
information of Registered candidates at FDVC
|26 – 29 Jun 2023|
|Announcement of Result of Merit List||July|
|Result of Seat Allocation through Online|
Counselling on the DBT of the Student: Round
|As per AICTE / Organizations|
|Confirmation from the candidate against the seat|
|As per AICTE / Organizations|
|Seat Cancellation for the candidates whohave|
not given any confirmation
|As per AICTE / Organizations|
|Joining in the College||As per AICTE / Organizations|
Important Download and Official Links
- Advertisement 2023-24
- Methodology 2023-24
- Calendar of Events Round 1 HSC
- De-Duplication Notice
- Instruction Manual
PMSSS Scholarship 2023 – An Overview
Key details of the PMSSS J&K Scholarship exam for students are as follows.
|Name of Exam||PMSSS Scholarship|
|Full Form of Exam||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme|
|Type of Exam||Scholarship Exams and Olympiads in India|
|Organizing Body||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Class of students who can appear in this exam||Class 10+2|
PMSSS 2023 Application Form
Students in J&K and Ladakh who wish to appear in the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Exam should first apply for it. Important points to note for registration are as follows.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) releases the PMSSS 2023 Registration.
- You should check for the online application form at aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in.
- You can also contact your school teachers and principals to know more about PMSSS 2023 Application Form.
- Fill all details in the application form of PMSSS Scholarship 2023 correctly.
- And finally, submit your application before the last date of PMSSS Scholarship application form given in the calendar.
PMSSS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the below-mentioned points to know whether they are eligible to apply for the scheme or not.
- Candidate must be from Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Ladakh.
- Passed 10+2 or 12th from the board JKBOSE or CBSE schools located in the J&K and Ladakh.
- Passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K and Ladakh State Polytechnic for admission directly in 2nd year in affiliated colleges on the vacant seats.
- Family Income should not be more than 8 lakh per annum.
Student is not eligible if
- not applied through online registration on AICTE portal.
- Availing benefits from other Govt./Non-Govt. Scheme
- Course is offered by Open University.
- Joined Institution other than those in AICTE Portal
- Admission to the course is through Management Quota
- Pursuing any Diploma / Post Graduate Programme
- Absent during the counseling
- Admission is through Agents / NGOs
- Joined other than the allotted institution.
PMSSS 2023 Scheme Benefits
The scheme aims at providing students with various benefits some of which are mentioned below. Read from below to know about them.
- The scheme releases notification every year for around 5,000 scholarships for General, Engineering and Medical degrees.
The below-mentioned table will reveal the details related to the scholarship for different degrees.
|Degree||Admission Fee (payable to Institute)||Maintenance Charges||No. of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Up to INR 30,000/p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2070|
|Professional Degree (Engg., Nursing etc)||Upto Rs.1.25 lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2830|
|Medical Degree or Equivalent to it||Upto Rs. 3 Lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||100|
Selection Criteria of PMSSS 2023
Those students who will be applying for the Scholarship can check below the various stages of the selection procedure.
- Application Registration and Submission
- Choice Filling and Merit List
- Online Counselling, Seat Allocation Confirmation
- Joining of College before last date, scholarship process start
PMSSS 2023 Merit List
All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) will release the merit list online on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the 12th exam and filled in the application form. Two merit lists will be released i.e. Provisional and Final Merit List. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit list followed by the counselling round/seat allotment round. The following information can be taken from the merit list.
- Candidate’s Name
- Provisional Merit List No.
- Student ID
- Year of Passing
- 12th Marks
PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment
After releasing of merit list by the AICTE the counselling or seat allotment process will begin. Seat allotment round will include the verification of documents and the choices filled by the candidate for admission to different colleges will be done. Those candidates who will get allotted will come under fee waiver students under the PMSSS scheme.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development. It’s established in 1945 as the advisory body but later in 1987 by the Act of Parliament, it becomes the statutory body.AICTE is responsible for the planning and coordinating of the development of the technical education and management education system in India.