PMSSS Scholarship 2020 – Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, PMSSS is the scholarship scheme for the students of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The scholarship provides assistance for the youth of J&K and Ladakh for Higher Education outside the state. All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) awards the scholarship to the candidates. The admission to this is done through the process of centralized counselling every year. Qualified students get up to Rs 3 lakh along with other benefits of the scheme. Candidates can check the official website i.e. aicte-india.org, for latest updates. Candidates can check all the information regarding it from this article and stay tuned to the page to get all the latest information related to it.
Latest – PMSSS 2021 Round 1 provisional allotment has been released now. Click here to check it.
PMSSS 2021 Scholarship
Candidates have to apply online for availing the benefit of this scheme by filling out the form. Check from below headings about eligibility criteria, benefits of the scheme and many other things. Check the schedule for events regarding PMSSS 2021 Scholarship below.
|Release of Application Form||06 Sep 2021|
|Last date to fill Application Form||15 Sep 2021|
|Provisional Allotment: Round 1||to be announced|
|Release of Merit List||to be announced|
|Counselling Round – 1||to be announced|
How to Apply for PMSSS 2021?
Interested candidates must once go through to the eligibility heading before proceeding for applying to the Scheme.
- Step 1 – Candidate has to visit the official website of the AICTE from the Registration Page.
- Step 2 – After this candidate has to select the category from “12th Registration” or “Diploma Registration”.
- Step 3 – Now, after selecting the category candidate has to submit the Academic and Personal details.
- Step 4 – Moving forward to the next step students has to upload the documents.
- Step 5 – Now, the candidate can submit the application by reviewing the details filled in the form.
After registration, candidates have to visit nearest verification center for document verification.
PMSSS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the below-mentioned points to know whether they are eligible to apply for the scheme or not.
- Candidate must be from Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Ladakh.
- Passed 10+2 or 12th from the board JKBOSE or CBSE schools located in the J&K and Ladakh.
- Passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K and Ladakh State Polytechnic for admission directly in 2nd year in affiliated colleges on the vacant seats.
- Family Income should not be more than 8 lakh per annum.
Student is not eligible if
- not applied through online registration on AICTE portal.
- Availing benefits from other Govt./Non-Govt. Scheme
- Course is offered by Open University.
- Joined Institution other than those in AICTE Portal
- Admission to the course is through Management Quota
- Pursuing any Diploma / Post Graduate Programme
- Absent during the counseling
- Admission is through Agents / NGOs
- Joined other than the allotted institution.
- Joined other than the allotted institution.
PMSSS 2021 Scheme Benefits
The scheme aims at providing students with various benefits some of which are mentioned below. Read from below to know about them.
- The scheme releases notification every year for around 5,000 scholarships for General, Engineering and Medical degrees.
The below-mentioned table will reveal the details related to the scholarship for different degrees.
|Degree||Admission Fee (payable to Institute)||Maintenance Charges||No. of Scholarship|
|General Degree||Up to INR 30,000/p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2070|
|Professional Degree (Engg., Nursing etc)||Upto Rs.1.25 lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||2830|
|Medical Degree or Equivalent to it||Upto Rs. 3 Lakh p.a.||Rs.1 Lakh p.a.||100|
PMSSS Scholarship 2021 Seat Reservation
Reservation norms prescribed by UTs of J&K and Ladakh are followed while providing scholarships.
Selection Criteria of PMSSS 2021
Those students who will be applying for the Scholarship can check below the various stages of the selection procedure.
- Application Registration and Submission
- Choice Filling and Merit List
- Online Counselling, Seat Allocation Confirmation
- Joining of College before last date, scholarship process start
PMSSS 2021 Merit List
All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) will release the merit list online on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the 12th exam and filled in the application form. Two merit lists will be released i.e. Provisional and Final Merit List. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit list followed by the counselling round/seat allotment round. The following information can be taken from the merit list.
- Candidate’s Name
- Provisional Merit List No.
- Student ID
- Year of Passing
- 12th Marks
PMSSS 2021 Seat Allotment
After releasing of merit list by the AICTE the counselling or seat allotment process will begin. Seat allotment round will include the verification of documents and the choices filled by the candidate for admission to different colleges will be done. Those candidates who will get allotted will come under fee waiver students under the PMSSS scheme.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and national-level council for technical education, under the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development. It’s established in 1945 as the advisory body but later in 1987 by the Act of Parliament, it becomes the statutory body.AICTE is responsible for the planning and coordinating of the development of the technical education and management education system in India.
Official website: aicte-india.org
To know more about PMSSS Scholarship 2021, check
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.