PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment is announced by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at aicte-india.org. After the release of the Merit list for PMSSS Scholarship 2023 counselling will begin for admission to different courses. Candidates have to take a seat in the allotted round within three days. Students are advised to come for counselling as per the counselling scheduled date and time. It’s advised that the candidate must carry both the original as well as the self-attested copies of the documents. Continue to read the article to get full information and the latest updates related to the PMSSS Seat Allotment 2023.
PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment
What is PMSSS Seat Allotment?
After the release of merit list, seat allocation will be done through Online Counselling on the DBT of the Student. Candidates have to take a seat in the allotted round within three days. Students are advised to come for counselling as per the counselling scheduled date and time.
PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment Direct link to check – You can check the result as per schedule at aicte-india.org, aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in
PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment Date
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) finalizes schedule for seat allotment announcements. You can see the key dates here. However check aicte-india.org, aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in timely for any notifications on timeline changes.
|Result of Seat Allocation through Online|
Counselling on the DBT of the Student: Round
|12 Jul 2023|
|Confirmation from the candidate against the seat|
|12 – 14 Jul 2023|
|Seat Cancellation for the candidates whohave|
not given any confirmation
|15 Jul 2023|
|Joining in the College||12 – 29 Jul 2023|
PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment – Overview
|Aspects of the PMSSS 2023 Seat Allotment||Details|
|Name of the Exam||PMSSS 2023|
|Full Form||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme|
|Organizing Body||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Event of PMSSS||Seat Allotment|
|Type of Exam||Scholarship Exam|
|Official Website||aicte-india.org, aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in|
PMSSS 2023 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can follow the steps which are given below to know about the PMSSS Counselling Procedure.
- Step 1 – After filling the college choices online the candidate has to login to the portal from the AICTE website.
- Step 2 – The candidate has to download the allotment letter of the college as well as take the print of it and must report within the three days for freezing the seat.
- Step 3 – Candidate will be able to freeze the seat by login and sending the online request for the confirmation of the seat.
- Step 4 – Candidate must take all the documents to the college and Joining the report.
You can also check the following about PMSSS Scholarship 2023:
PMSSS 2023 Joining Report
Candidate has to upload the joining letter which he/she has got from the respective college/institute on the AICTE website. The aspirant must not forget to upload the Joining Report before the last day of counseling of that particular round as the seat will get canceled and no further chance will be provided to the candidate.
Instructions to follow for PMSSS 2023 Counselling
Below are some points given related to the seat allotment candidate must read them.
- The candidate will receive the Welcome letter by the college after freezing the seat. It’s advised that student must download that letter and upload on the AICTE.
- Those candidates who will not upload the joining letter the seat will be canceled and will be allotted to the other candidate on the next round if seats remain vacant.
- The candidate must report for the counseling on the allotted date.
- The candidate must bring all the documents in the xerox and original form for verification.
- Candidate must carry a copy of the PMSSS 2023 Application Form.
- The applicant has to bring photographs also.
PMSSS 2023 Seat Reservation
The reservation norms as prescribed for the UTs of J&K and Ladakh (subject to intimation from UTs of J&K and Ladakh) in respect of SC, ST and Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) are followed for providing scholarship under the Scheme. The break-up is given below:-
- Scheduled Caste – 8%
- Scheduled Tribe – 10%
- Socially and Economically backward classes-22%
- Economically & Weaker Sections (EWSs) 10%
Note: 4% Horizontal reservation is provided for Physically Handicapped (PwD: (Disability 40% and above as per Central Government Norms).
The Prime Minister’s Special Scheme Scholarship (PMSSS) was started in the year 2011. The scheme was formulated to give scholarships to the Jammu and Kashmir residents for the higher studies outside the Jammu and Kashmir. The scholarship is awarded to meet the expenditure towards the Academic Fees and Maintenance Allowances (for a hostel, mess, cost of books and other incidental charges) to candidates who are admitted through the counselling of AICTE.
To get study material, exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.