After the release of the Merit list counselling will begin for admission to different courses. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will release the schedule online for the PMSSS Seat Allotment 2020. Candidates have to take the seat in the allotted round within three days. Students are advised to come for counselling as per the counselling scheduled date and time. It’s advised that the candidate must carry both the original as well as the self-attested copies of the documents. Continue to read the article to get full information and the latest updates related to the PMSSS Seat Allotment 2020.
PMSSS 2020 Seat Allotment
Candidate himself/herself report to the seat allotment center no other person can attend the counselling in name of the different candidate. Check the expected schedule from the below table.
|Release of Merit List|
|Counselling Round – 1|
Seat Allotment: PMSSS 2020 Seat Allotment will start at official website i.e. aicte-india.org.
PMSSS 2020 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can follow the steps which are given below to know about the PMSSS Counselling Procedure.
- Step 1 – After filling the college choices online the candidate has to login to the portal from the AICTE website.
- Step 2 – The candidate has to download the allotment letter of the college as well as take the print of it and must report within the three days for freezing the seat.
- Step 3 – Candidate will be able to freeze the seat by login and sending the online request for the confirmation of the seat.
- Step 4 – Candidate must take all the documents to the college and Joining the report.
PMSSS 2020 Joining Report
Candidate has to upload the joining letter which he/she has got from the respective college/institute on the AICTE website. The aspirant must not forget to upload the Joining Report before the last day of counseling of that particular round as the seat will get canceled and no further chance will be provided to the candidate.
Instructions to follow for PMSSS 2020 Counselling
Below are some points given related to the seat allotment candidate must read them.
- The candidate will receive the Welcome letter by the college after freezing the seat. It’s advised that student must download that letter and upload on the AICTE.
- Those candidates who will not upload the joining letter the seat will be canceled and will be allotted to the other candidate on the next round if seats remain vacant.
- The candidate must report for the counseling on the allotted date.
- The candidate must bring all the documents in the xerox and original form for verification.
- Candidate must carry a copy of the PMSSS 2020 Application Form.
- The applicant has to bring photographs also.
PMSSS 2020 Seat Reservation
The reservation norms are prescribed for the state of Jammu and Kashmir for different categories. The break- up is given below.
- Scheduled Caste – 8%
- Scheduled Tribe – 10%
- Gujjar and Backward
- Leh District
- Kargil DIstrict
- Other ST
- Socially and Economically backward classes-22%
(i) Weak & underprivileged classes/social caste (OCS)
(ii) A resident of the backward area (RBA)
(iii) Resident of adjoining actual line of control (ALC)
PMSSS 2020 Seat Allotment Matrix
Candidates can check the seat details below.
The Prime Minister’s Special Scheme Scholarship (PMSSS) was started in the year 2011. The scheme was formulated to give scholarships to the Jammu and Kashmir residents for the higher studies outside the Jammu and Kashmir. The scholarship is awarded to meet the expenditure towards the Academic Fees and Maintenance Allowances (for a hostel, mess, cost of books and other incidental charges) to candidates who are admitted through the counselling of AICTE.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.