Mining engineering, also referred as mineral engineering, deals with the study of the techniques to extract and process minerals from their natural surroundings. A mining engineer has to study ore reserve analysis, operations and planning, mine health and safety, drilling, blasting, ventilation and related topics.
10+2 biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, it is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE). The duration of the course is 4 years.
Popular courses under Mining engineering are provided below:
- BE Mining Engineering.
- B. Tech Mining Engineering.
- Diploma in Mining and Mine Surveying Engineering.
- ME Mining Engineering.
- M. Tech Mining Engineering.
- PG Research Programme on Materials Resource Engineering.
- Ph. D Mining Engineering.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mineral Engineering.
Colleges & Universities Offering Mining Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Mining Engineering are –
- Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology, Kolar (Karnataka).
- Anna University College of Engineering, Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
- Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah (West Bengal).
- Government Engineering College, Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh).
- Jai Narain Vyas University: Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology: College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur (Rajasthan).
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur (Maharashtra).
Leave a Reply