Nutrition and Dietetics is mainly associated with the promotion of good, clean health habits which can help to live a quality life. The focus is to educate, motivate and counsel people for a better work routine and healthy food selection. The study of nutrition involves – understanding of the components of the food, harmful reactions, digestion and body fitness.
Candidates who have cleared 10+2 with any stream are eligible for this course
The popular courses under it are as follows-
- Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health
- Nutrition (DDPHN)
- BSc (Food & Nutrition)
- MSc (Food & Nutrition)
- MSc (Food & Fermentation Technology)
- MSc – Home Science (Specialization in food
- science & nutrition)
- PG Diploma in Food & Nutrition
Colleges & Universities Offering Nutrition and Dietetics
The following colleges offer the course of Nutrition and Dietetics-
- University of Bombay, Mumbai
- SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- University of Health Science, Vijayawada
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Central Food Technology & Research Institute, Mysuru.
- University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Tamil Nadu GD Naidu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Calcutta
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.