Actuarial sciences – The discipline of Actuarial science applies mathematical and statistical methods to weigh risk in insurance, finance and other industries and occupations. Actuarial science comprises interrelated subjects, including mathematics, statistics, finance, economics and computer science.
The candidates who qualifies the following criteria will be eligible-
Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET exam) – 10+2 or equivalent exam with English. After ACET, apply at actuariesindia.org to become a student member of IAI.
IPGDLI, IPGDGI, IPGDRM- Graduate Degree in any discipline (including Engg and Management) from a recognised university / Institute candidates with professional qualifications like CA, ICWAI, CS are also eligible.
PGDAS- B.Com. (With Statistics) or B.Sc.(With Maths/Statistics) or B.Com. /B.Sc. in Actuarial Science or BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science)
The popular courses are-
- PG Diploma in Actuarial sciences (PGDAS) International Post Graduate Diploma in Life Insurance (IPGDLI)
- International Post Graduate Diploma in General Insurance (IPGDGI )
- International Post Graduate Diploma in Risk Management (IPGDRM)
Actuarial exams by IAI
- Core Technical (CT)
- Core Application (CA)
- Specialist Technical (ST)
- Specialist Application (SA)
Colleges & Universities Offering Actuarial sciences
The following colleges and university offers the course-
- VNS Gujarat University, Surat
- IIRM Hyderabad
- Institute of Actuaries of India, Mumbai
Leave a Reply