Chartered Financial Analysis – CFA Program gives an insight in corporate finance, investment management and financial services. The Program is divided into three levels. Preliminary; inter and final level. It is recognized as a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Analysis by AICTE. It is a self-study programme and the Institute supplies study material to the enrolled students. There are also courses like Diploma in Basic Finance (DBF) and Merchant Banking and Financial Services (MBFS).
Degree and Engineering college students (any discipline) and the candidates who are successful in the admission test and those who are exempted from passing the admission test are enrolled for the Programme. A student is allowed a maximum period of three years to complete the preliminary level of the programme and a maximum period of seven years to complete the entire programme.
The courses are as follows-
- Regular CFA Program, Duration Graduates in any discipline. Students appearing for final year exams are also eligible.
- Accelerated CFA Program, First Class Graduates, Postgraduates, Working Executives and Professionals like CA/CWA/CS/MBA/CAIIB.
- CFA Foundation Course: Degree college students interested in pursuing professional certification program such as CFA Program.
- CPA Program (The Certified Public Accountant Program)
- C-RIM Program (The Certified Risk & Insurance Manager Program)
- The CTM Program (The Certified Treasury Manager Program)
- The CIB Program (The Certified Investment Banker Program)
- The CPM Program (The Certified Portfolio Manager Program) (International CIIA Qualification from ACIIA, London)
- Global Strategic Management (GSM) Program
The MBAs, Post Graduate Diploma Holders in Management, CAs, CWAs, CSs, CAIIBs, First class graduates/post- graduates and senior executives with ten years of service in the public sector or the private sector can seek exemption from the admission test.
The admission to both programs is through a basic test. The admission test aims at testing the aptitude of the candidates for professional studies in financial analysis. Hence the quantitative reasoning ability of the candidate is tested. The admission test is held four times in a year in the months of January, April, July and October.
Leave a Reply