Horticulture/Floriculture is one of the parts of agriculture that study the art, science, technology, and process of growing plants. It involves fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, herbs, sprouts, mushrooms, algae, flowers, the cultivation of medicinal plants, seaweeds and non-food crops such as grass and ornamental trees and plants.
The eligibility criteria for floriculture/horticulture is 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths/biology/ agriculture.
The popular courses are as given:
- Diploma in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- M. Sc. in Horticulture
- Ph. D in Horticulture
Colleges & Universities offering Floriculture/Horticulture
College and universities offering Floriculture/Horticulture are:
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Delhi
- Kerala Agricultural University
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru
- Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU), Hisar, Haryana
- G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUA&T), Uttarakhand
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.