Fisheries is a multidisciplinary course that includes the biological study of life, habits, and breeding of various species of fish, It involves catching, processing, marketing and conservation of fishes.
The eligibility criteria for the fisheries course is 10+2 with biological science as one of the subjects.
The popular courses are as given:-
- Bachelor of Fishery Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fisheries
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science in Fish Biology
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science in Aquaculture
- Master of Fisheries Science
Apart from the B.F.Sc & M.F.Sc. various fisheries institutes offer vocational training courses related to fisheries and allied disciplines.
College & Universities Offering Fisheries
Colleges and universities offering Fisheries course are:
- Andhra University
- Barkatullah University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture, Pant Nagar, Uttaranchal
- Goa University
- Gujarat Agricultural University
- Imphal Fisheries Training College, Manipur
- Manipur University
- Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh