SECTION – I
1. Human Geography : Definition, Content and scope
2. Man and Environment: Definition, Content, Classification of environment, Environmental impact.
3. World Population : Growth, Factors influencing, density and distribution
4. Human activities : Primary, Secondary and tertiary activities
SECTION – II
5. Resources : Definition, Classification and Conservation
6. Agriculture : Definition, Types, food crops (Rice and wheat) Non food crops (Cotton, Sugarcane) and Plantation crops (Rubber, tea and coffee) their Significance, Conditions for cultivation, production and distribution.
7. Minerals : Definition and Classification (Metallic – Iron), non Metallic – bauxite and (fuel minerals – coal and petroleum)
8. Industries : Location factors, types of industries
1. Agro – based (Cotton textiles)
2. Forest based (Paper mills)
3. Mineral based (Iron and steel)
4. Chemical based (Fertilizers)
9. Transportation : Road ways, Railways, Water ways and Air ways
Rail ways: Intensive net work rail way, Regional rail ways and Trans continental railways
Water ways: Mjor sea ports: London, San Francisco,
Reo De Janeiro, Cape Town, Kolkata and Sydney
Major Air ports: Tokyo, Paris, Chicago, Bogota and
SECTION – III
1. Physical features of India : Major features – Northern mountains, Indo – Gangetic plains, Peninsular plateau of India and coastal plains
2. Major rivers of India : Perennial rivers: Indus, Ganges and Brahmaputra Non Perennial rivers: Narmada, Tapati, Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Pennar and Cauvery
3. Climate of India :
Cold weather season: Temperature Rainfall & Pressure distribution
Hot weather season: Temperature, Rainfall & Pressure distribution
South west monsoon season: Temperature, Rainfall & Pressure distribution
North east monsoon season: Temperature, Rainfall & Pressure distribution
4. Natural vegetation of India: Types of vegetation based on rainfall and their distribution. Evergreen forest, deciduous forest, scrub forest, & Thorny forest
5. Soils : Definition, factors for formation, types and their distribution.
6. Population: Growth trends from 1901 to 2001, Distribution based on density, problems of high population.
7. Irrigation: Types of irrigation: canals, wells and tanks. Major multipurpose projects. Bakranangal, Hirakud, Damodar valley corporation and Nagarjuna Sagar.
8. Agriculture: Cropped area, production and distribution of selected crops: Rice, Wheat, Millets, Coffee, Tea, Sugarcane, Cotton, Jute and tobacco; Problems of Indian agriculture.
9. Minerals: Production and distribution of coal, petroleum, iron, mica and manganese, bauxite.
10. Industries: Location factors growth and distribution of iron and steel, cotton textile and ship building industries.
11. Transportation: Means of Transport – Road ways, Rail ways, Water ways and Air ways; Major ports of India – Mumbai, Cochin, Kandla, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam and Chennai.
12. Geography of Andhra Pradesh: Location, Physiography and Climate, Population