Odisha NTSE 2017 – 2018
State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2017 – 2018 is for selecting 118 candidates for National Level Talent Search Examination, 2017-2018 from eligible students studying in Class X in recognized schools located in the state of Odisha. State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2017 – 2018 will be held on 05 Nov 2017 (Sunday).
Examination: National Talent Search Examination, 2017 – 2018 will be conducted in two stages.
Stage – I: State Level National Talent Search Examination will be conducted on 05.11.2017 (Sunday) for selection of candidates to National Talent Search Examination.
Stage – II: National Level Talent Search Examination will be conducted by NCERT for candidates selected through Stage – I. The National Level written examination will be conducted on 13th May, 2018.
Schedule for the Odisha NTSE 2017 – 2018 for Class X is given below.
|Online filling up of Application Forms by the candidates||01 Aug to 31 Aug 2017|
|Submission of countersigned with seal hard copies of Application Forms by the Headmasters / Headmistress to the DEOs||by 05 Sep 2017|
|Validation of Application Forms after scrutiny by District Education Officers||By 15 Sep 2017|
|Download of Admit Cards by the Candidates||After 15 Oct 2017|
|Dispatch of Roll Sheets to the Centres by TE and SCERT||By 28 Oct 2017|
|Date of Examination||05 Nov 2017|
Candidates aspiring to give the National Talent Search Examination Test can fill up the Online Application Form by logging www.scertodisha.nic.in as per the schedule given above. The direct link to apply online for Odisha NTSE 2017 is also posted on this page.
After filling up of the Application Form online, he / she is required to take the printout of the same and submit it in the concerned school/ Institution. Head of the institution forward it to the concerned District Education Officer. The District Education Officer will allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto generated eleven digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form. The Admit Card will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
Examination Fees: The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear at the examination.
Documents to be submitted along with the Hard copy of the Online Application Form
- Caste Certificate, as applicable, for SC / ST candidate issued by the concerned Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- Disability Certificate for Physically Handicapped candidates issued by the concerned District Medical Board.
- Mark sheet of Class IX annual examination issued by the Head of the Institutions.
Students studying in Class X during 2017-2018 in any recognized schools of Odisha are eligible to appear National Talent Search Examination. They must have passed Class IX Annual Examination securing at least 60% of marks or equivalent (relaxable by 5% for reserved categories). There will be no domicile restriction.
State Quota for Odisha :118 candidates will be selected for National Level Talent Search Examination. Within this quota there will be 15% reservation for SC, 7.5% for ST and 4% for physically challenged candidates.
Admit Card for National Talent Search Examination 2017 – 2018 will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
The State Level NTSE, 2017-2018 will consist of Mental Ability Test (MAT), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and Language Comprehension Test (LCT). The distribution of time and mark will be as follows :
|Test Type||Total Marks||No. of Items||Duration
|Mental Ability Test||50||50||45|
|Language Comprehension Test||50||50||45|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||100||100||90|
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consists of 50 multiple choice items on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 45 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
- Language Comprehension Test (LCT) consists of 50 multiple choice items to be answered in 45 minutes. This will be conducted in English language and Odia language. The candidates will get a choice to appear in only one of the two languages
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consists of 100 multiple choice items (40 questions from Science, 40 questions from Social Science & 20 questions from Mathematics) from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes.
Syllabus : There is no syllabus for State Level NTS Examination. However, questions will be asked based on syllabi for Classes IX and X.
The qualifying marks is 40% in each individual paper i.e. MAT, SAT and LCT. For reserved category, the qualifying mark is 32% in each paper as per NCERT norms. The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured in MAT and SAT only. Language will be treated as the qualifying subject. Marks secured in the Language Comprehension Test will not be added for preparation of merit list. There will be no negative marking in Stage I NTS Examination.
Stage II : In Stage II examination conducted by NCERT, there will be negative marking for all papers i.e. Mental Ability Test, Scholastic Aptitude Test and Language Comprehension Test. There will be a deduction of 1/3 rd mark for every wrong answer and no mark will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
There are 1000 scholarships for the entire country. Awardees of NTS Examination will receive scholarship up to Ph.D. level in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce and Post Graduation level in Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law subject to satisfactory academic progress. The rate of scholarship is indicated below :
- Scholarship of Rs.1250.00 per month for Class XI and XII.
- Scholarship of Rs.2000.00 per month for under graduates and postgraduates.
- Amount of scholarship for Ph.D. in accordance with the UGC norms.
Click here for Official Notification.