Directorate of Education is facilitating admissions of Economically Weaker Sections /Disadvantaged Group Category in Private Unaided Schools recognized under Delhi School Education Act & Rules, 1973 at the Entry Level Classes (Pre-School/Nursery, Pre-Primary/KG and Class-I) for academic session 2018-19 by making Computerized Online Admission System.
Admissions of EWS (annual income less than one lakh rupees)/DG category (SC/ST/OBC Non-creamy layer/Physically Challenged/ Orphan and Transgender and all children living with or affected by HIV) shall be made through Computerized Lottery System in the said schools against 25% seats reserved for them under the provisions of Right to Education Act, 2009.
Nursery Admission Delhi 2018
Accordingly, as per the directions of the Hon’ble High Court in the cases mentioned above, the revised admission schedule for the academic session 2018-19 is as under:-
|Uploading details of schools / residential areas
falling in neighborhood of each participating
|15 Jan 2018|
|Taking suggestions from schools regarding
residential areas in the neighborhood of the
participant schools by a team set-up at the
zonal level, for further streamlining of details.
|15 Jan – 18 Jan 2018|
|Opening of online module for filling online
|22 Jan 2018|
|Last date of submission of online application by
the EWS/DG category applicants.
|21 Feb 2018|
|The date of first computerized draw of lots||07 Mar 2018|
Nursery Admission Delhi 2018 Application Forms will be available till January 22nd, 2018 at each school. The last date to apply for the same is February 21st, 2018. The direct link to apply online will be available in the Admission Form page once the application window opens.
Queries Related to Admission at Entry Level Classes in Pvt. Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi
What is the minimum number of seats available at entry level class in a school?
The total number of seats at the entry level classes shall not be less thnn the highest numbe~ of seats in the respective entry CL1SS in the last 03 academic years.
What are the charges for Admission Registration? Is it refundable?
Only Rs. 25/- can be charged as Admission Registration Fee (for open quota). It is not refundable. However, there is no charge for EWS/Disadvantaged group category.
Can parents be forced to buy prospectus? Or be charged processing fee?
No. Only application fee to the extent of Rs. 25/- is compulsory.
Whether schools can seek irrelevant information like parents are ‘vegetarian’ or ‘non-vegetarian’ etc?
Admission Criterial have been Clearly defined Schools have to adhere to the admission criteria only. Information of the kind is not considered for the admission and such information may not be sought from parents.
Is there any minimum or maximum age limit?
The minimum age for pre-school admission is 03, 04 & 05 years by 31 March, 2018 respectively for Pre-School, Pre-Primary and Clas I. So far, no maximum age limit has been fixed by Government.
How the distribution of seats is made in a private unaided recognized school of Delhi?
- 25% seats for EWS and DG Category students (Except Minority Schools)
- 05% seats as Staff Quota(for the children / grand children of staff/employees). Unfilled seats in this category will spill over to Open seats.
- 05% seats as girl’s quota for Co-Ed Schools. It shall be filled through draw of lots out of all registered girl applicants subject to distance criteria of point system. Unfilled seats in this category will spill over to Open seats.
- The remaining seats will be under Open Quota.
Can there be separate admission process for main school and its branch school?
All Montessori/Pre-Schools/Pre-Primary Branch being run by registered societies/trusts in Delhi as branches of recognized unaided schools in or outside the school premises shall be deemed as one institution for all purposes including admission process vide Order No: 15702-15871 dated 23/03/1999.
Modality of issue of applications by schools:- Schools can opt either on ONLINE or OFFLINE or BOTH for issue of application forms for admission.
Are parents allowed to carry mobile phone to school in the course of admission process?
Yes. Allowed. There should be no ban for carrying mobile phones to school in the course of admission process.
Can schools display the list of selected children for admission on dates at their discretion?
NO. The school has to display the first list on 28/02/2018 and the second one on 15/03/2018 respectively. Subsequent dates will be displayed between 17/03/2018 and 31/03/2018. These dates will be common for all schools.
EWS/ DG Category
Who constitutes EWS category?
Child belonging to EWS(Economically Weaker Section) means a child belonging to such parent or guardian who.se annual family income is less than one lakh rupees from all sources.
Who constitutes the DISADVANTAGED GROUP Category?
The following comes under DISADVANTAGEDGROUPCategory.
- Child belonging to aBC (Non-Creamy layer).
- Child belonging to Scheduled Caste
- Child belonging to Scheduled Tribe
- Orphans as defined in Juvenile Justice Act
- Child with special needs and suffering from disability, as defined in ‘Persons with Disabilities Act, 1996’
However, children belonging to Disadvantaged Group Category need not submit any income certificate to get the benefit under the said category.
Is there any Common Registration Form for admission under ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS & Disadvantaged cateqorvv If so where it is available?
Yes. It is available at every school as well as at Departmental Website www.edude/.nic.inon the left hand side scroll window ‘in the name ‘EWS Form 2018-19’.
What are the Charges for ECONOMICALL WEAKER SECTIONS/DISADVAIAGED GROUP Common Registration Form?
It is free of cost.
Whether the ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS/DISADVANTAGED GROUP category quat” is available in Minority schools?
It is not obligatory in minority schools. However, in those minority schools which were allotted land by the Government, ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS category seats are available to the extent of 20%. It ts at entry level and for subsequent levels also wherever fresh admissions are made.
Whether the students admitted under EWS/DG category in private/unaided schools are entitled for uniform, books and writing materials free of cost?
Yes. These students are entitled for uniform, books and writing materials etc. free of cost from the school in terms of rule 8 of RTE Rules.
Till what stage, the students admitted under EWS/DG category in the private schools having been allotted land by the Govt agency, can continue their education?
These schools shall provide education for students admitted under EWS/DG category till completion of their school education.
How will the admission be done in EWS and DG cateqorv? What would be the future admission possibilities for an EWS/DG category applicant, if he/she doesn’t get admission in any cateqorv?
- Common Registration Forms for this purpose witt be available at a school free of cost and accepted by a school without any hindrance which includes distance of residence of student too.
- Admission against vacant seats will be held by 31/03/2018 as per the admission schedule, subject to Neighbourhood Distance Criteria devised by the Han’ble Delhi High Court in their order dated 31/0.1/2012 and this Directorate’s circular No: F.15(110)/DE/Act/2011/7563-74 dated 13/02/2012.
- Once the admission process is over, each school shall send the details of vacant seats to the online module available on this Directorate’s website.
- It will also be sent to the Chairman of the D.A.M.C,Deputy Director of Education of the District concerned by 16.00 hours on 07/04/2018.
- The Chairman of D.A.M.C. /DDE shall take further necessary steps to fill the vacant seats as per the directions contained in sub-clause (d) of Clause 7 of this Directorate’s notification No: 15(172)/DE/Act/2010/69 dated 07/01/2011 and Rule 13 of Delhi Right to Education Rules, 2011.
What is the manner of admission for EWS/DG category students?
- School shall display the total number of available seats under EWS/DG category and admission schedule.
- The total number of seats at the entry level classes shall not be less than the highest number of seats in the respective entry class In the previous three academic years.
- No registration fee including charges of prospectus shall be charged from the parents/children.
- There will be Common Admission Form available at school or at the Departmental website.
- School will acknowledge the application for free seat through a receipt and shall assign each application a Registration number.
- In case of rejection of an application, the reasons for rejection shall be recorded and communicated to the parent.
- In case of excess number of applications, admission will be through draw of lots.
- Draw of lots will be in the presence of parents of applicants and an observer of the department not below the rente of Vice Principal.
- The entire proceedings of draw of lots will be video-graphed and CD/DVD along with list of successful candidates will be submitted to Dy. Director of Education on the same day or latest by the next day of,draw.
- In case of vacant seats, the same will be re-notified and also be notified to DAMC.
- Screening procedures of any kind like interview, counselling, written or oral test of any type to parents or child are not allowed.
What are the documents required for seats under EWSjDG category?
- Income- Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar OR BPL Ration Card (yellow coloured) or AAY Ration Card (Pink coloured)
- Once admitted, a self-declaration of annual income on an affidavit shall be submitted every year, for continuation of the benefit.
- However, no student shall be debarred or expelled from the school for non-submission of such documents.
- For Disadvantaged group category, a certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar or any other Competent Authority. The certificate can be in the name of the child or his/her parents.
- Proof of residence.
What are the documents that can be submitted as proof of address?
Some of indicatlve documents which can be considered as proof of residence of parents / child are the following. (The list is not exhaustive & other documents can also be added by school)
- Ration card issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having name of child)
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport inthe name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhaar cardjUID card issued in the name of any of the parents.
Can a school deny ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS/DISADVANTAGED GROUP category form, quoting any distance factor?
No. School should accept forms under ECONOMICAL WEAKER SECTIONS/DISADVANTAGED GROUP category without any barrier/hindrance which includes distance of residence of the student too.
Whether children belonging to Disadvantaged Group Category (SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer/Orphan/Disabled children) can also apply, apart from the 25% seats reserved to them, against the remaining 75% seats?
It is clarified that Children belonging to Disadvantaged Group category (SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer/Orphan/Disabled children) can also apply against the 75% remaining seats.
What are the steps that have been taken to make lottery system transparent in the case of EWSjDG quota admissions?
The draw of lottery will be in the presence of parents and an observer not below the rank of Vice Principal deputed by the Directorate. The process has to be video graphed as well. The parent is also free to carry a mobile/camera to video graph the process of draw of lottery.
What does it mean by ‘Point System’ in admission process?
‘Point System’ has been devised for attaining maximum transparency in admission process with minimum discretion to schools. It is based on fixed parameters and points as prescribed under. Schools are not allowed to fix additional points other than the ones specified below.
- Neighbourhood up to 8 km – 70 Points
- Sibling studyinq in school – 20 Points
- Parent Alumni of school – 05 Points
- Inter-state Transfer case – 05 Points
Vacant / unfilled seats will be filled by draw of lots.
Neighborhood (For open seats)
Could there be ‘distance slabs’ to allot points under ‘neighbourhood category’?
No. All the applications within 08 km will be considered in one slab only and given 70 points.
What is the ‘neighbourhood’ concept?
In order to render maximum transparency, a 100 point criteria has been introduced assigning definite points to each parameter, for consideration of admission under open quota.
- ‘Neighborhood one of the most important criteria and it has been assigned 70 points.
- The neighborhood is limited to 08km aerially or distance by road.
- All the applications within 08 km will be considered totally and considered for admission.
- If applications are excess in number, draw of lots will be made.
- If less in number, the rest of the seats will be decided through draw of lots from applicants residing beyond 08 kms.
Who will get benefit under sibling criterion?
A child- whose brother or sister, if studying in the same school, will get the benefit under sibling criterion
Will ‘cousin’ get the’ benefit of ‘Sibling’ category?
No. Cousin will not get the said benefit.
Will ‘Twins’ be considered under ‘Sibling’ category?
It is clarified that under Sibling category, if one of the ‘Twin children’ gets selected, then only the other would be considered under ‘Sibling category’, otherwise not. It will be convenient and comfortable to parents in terms of transportation, timing etc.
Whether the benefit of ‘sibling’ category is available to more than two siblings?
Yes. As it will be convenient and comfortable to parents in terms of transportation, timing etc.
Parent Alumni Category
Will a child be considered under ‘parent alumni’ category if the parent is from another school, but managed by the same society?
How many number of classes a parent should have attended in the school so that the child could be considered for ‘Parent Alumni Category’?
It is clarified that the school will decide at their own level the criterion/parameters for admission under ‘Parent Alumni’ Category.
Interstate Transfer Category
Whether ‘International Transfer’ and ‘Private Sector Interstate Transfers’ will be considered under ‘Interstate category’?
It is clarified that ‘International Transfer’ shall be considered under ‘Inter State Transfer’ category. The scores for ‘Inter State Transfer’ are not limited to Government Sector alone, however, school shall ensure that transparent and proper modalities for considering transfers in Private Sector be worked out at their own level. Interstate Transfers from 1st January, 2013 to 31st December, 2013 will only be considered under this category.
Can a disabled child can apply under open quota seats?
Yes. His candidature will be considered under open quota only and benefits of free-ship will not be applicable to him/her.
Under what circumstances, ‘draw of lots’ will be carried out in the case of ‘open quota’ seats?
- In case of excess number of applications with same scores, admission will be through draw of lots.
- In the case of vacant / unfilled seats also, admission will be done through draw of lots.
- The entire proceedings of draw of lots will be video-graphed and CD/DVD along with list of successful candidates will be submitted to Dy. Director of Education on the same day or latest by the next day of draw.
- Screening procedures of any kind like interview, counselling, written or oral test of any type to parents or child are not allowed.
- Draw of lots will be in the presence of either of a parent. There shall be no observer of Govt /Directorate of Education at the draw of lots for open seats.
- The parent is free to carry a mobile/camera to video graph the draw of lots.
Is ‘capitation fee’ or ‘donation’ prohibited?
Yes. Please refer Order No:DE/15/1031/Act-I/Part-I/20448-20452 10/01/2018 available at Departmental Website.
Is there any ‘management quota’ in unaided recognized schools?
There shall be no Management Quota in admission in any private unaided recognized school of Delhi.
What are admission criteria specific for Minority schools?
- Minority schools will have the right to reserve seats for the students belonging to mtnoritvconcemea.
- 05% staff quota and 05% girls’ quota are applicable to minority schools too.
- 25% EWS and DG quota is not mandatory to minority schools.
However, minority schools which have been allotted land by Govt. Agencies will provide 20% free seats to EWScategory (in conformity with High Court Orders dated 24/9/12 and 4/12/2012 in WPCNo. 6439/2011 and 3715/2011 ).
Whether the students admitted under EWS category in minority schools having been allotted land by the Govt Agency are entitled for uniform and books free of cost?
Yes. These students are entitled for uniform and books tree of cost from the school and the schoots shall get re-imbursement at par with the students of govt. schools for expenditure on account of uniform and books.
Schools for Specific Category
Are there schools specific for Government services? What are admission criteria specific for such schools?
There are schools set up for specific Govt Services like Armed Forces/ Paramilitary Forces/ Central Services/ All India Services.
These schools have the right to reserve seats for thr- wards of employees of such govt services through a transparent procedure of admission. The remaining seats will be treated as open seats and admission to these seats will be subject to fixed parameters/criteria.
25% EWS/DG category Quota, 050/0 Staff Quota and 05% Girls Quota are applicable to these schools too.
Payment or Refund of Fee
Whether the school can collect Tuition Fee from parents on quarterly basis?
No, the school can collect Tuition Fee from the parents on monthly basis only.
How much amount shall be refunded to the parents I guardian of a child, if admission is cancelled subsequently due to non-submission of original document by due date or if the information/document submitted at the time of registration found to be wrong or false?
The entire fee except registration fee I charges shall be refunded.
How much amount shall be refunded to the parent / guardian of a child, if admission is withdrawn by the parent / guardian within one month from the date of admission?
If the child is withdrawn within one month from the date of admission, the school may retain the Registration Fee / Charges, Admission Fee and Tuition Fee for one month only and shall refund the entire amount of fees or other charges within 15 days of the request under proper receipt.
Can the private unaided recognized school demand copies of Birth/address proof/ Income/ SCI ST/ OBC/ disability/orphan or any other certificates / documents duly attested by gazetted officers at the time of submission of application for admission in entrv level cresses?
It is clarified that schools cannot compel for submission of attested copies of any document at the time of submission of application. Parents need to submit only self-attested copies of certificates/documents or of any other attachment. School can ask for production of original documents for verification at the final stage of admission. If documents were found to be fake or non-verified, the school may cancel the candidature of such applicant.