BHU SET 2020 – The Banaras Hindu University admits each year girls and boys in classes VI, IX and XI in the Central Hindu Girls’ School and Central Hindu Boys’ School through a common entrance test generally called as BHU School Entrance Test (SET). The qualified candidates are awarded admission to various streams viz. Maths, Biology and Arts & Commerce. All details about BHU SET 2020, Application Form, Admit Card, Result etc are provided on this page. Scroll down to get detailed information.
Latest : BHU SET 2020 application form has been released. Click here to apply.
BHU SET 2020
The Admissions to Class VI, IX, XI in Central Boys’ Hindu School and Central Girls’ Hindu School are granted only to those candidates who will qualify the BHU SET 2020. The aspiring candidates shall complete the application process as per the schedule is given below.
|Availability of Online Application Form||20 Feb 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||21 Mar 2020|
|Date of correction if any in online Application Form||23-28 Mar 2020|
|Date of issuing of Online Admit Card||11 Apr 2020 onwards|
|Dates of Entrance Test|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce||01 May 2020|
|Class XI Biology||02 May 2020|
|Class XI Maths||04 May 2020|
|Class IX||05 May 2020|
|Class VI||06 May 2020|
|Provisional Answer Key||18 May 2020|
|Objections/ Challenge Raising||23 May 2020 by 08:00 PM|
|Final Answer Key||26 May 2020|
|Date of SET-2020 result declaration||05 Jun 2020|
|Dates of counselling/Admission for external candidates (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)|
|Class VI||20 Jun 2020|
|Class IX||22 Jun 2020|
|Class XI Maths||23 Jun 2020|
|Class XI Biology||24 Jun 2020|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce||25 Jun 2020|
|Class XI Paid Seats (In CHBS Only)||26 Jun 2020|
BHU SET 2020 Application Form
Students who wish to take admission must check the criteria of eligibility from this page. Student’s can’t apply by the offline mode only as BHU releases application form only in the online mode. The form is considered submitted only after the successful payment of the application fee. The fee is accepted only by Debit/credit or through challan mode in any HDFC Bank branch. It must be keep in mid that fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Application Fee – The application fee as per the category is given below.
- For General – Rs. 400/-
- For SC/ST – Rs 200/-
BHU SET 2020 Eligibility Requirements
Check the criteria of eligibility for admission to the 6th, 9th and 11th classes form below.
For class VI: 10 Years to 12 years age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class V examination from a school.
For class IX: 13 Years to 15 years age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class VIII examination from a school.
For class XI: 18 Years maximum age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class X examination from a recognized Board/University with the required percentage as under noted:
For external candidates (coming through SET):
- Above 60% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce (As per KVS norms).
- Class X passed for the Arts stream (As per KVS norms).
In addition to the above a candidate (excluding SC/ST) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% in the School Entrance Test in which he/she is appearing. This criterion will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
BHU SET 2020 Admit Card
Those who successfully submit the application can access the admi card online. The exam consucting authority releases the admit card only in the online mode. Furthermore, the amdit cards are emailed to the candidates on their respective email id’s and the examinee will also receive the push notification on the registered email id for downloading the admit card. It’s advised that candidate must carry the admit card on the day of the examination as without it candidate can’t sit for the examination. Student’s can also download the admit card from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (bhuonline.in) by providing the unique code allotted to them at the time of online submission of the form.
BHU SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the entrabce examination for admission must go through the pattern of the exam.
- Type of Questions – Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of Examination –Offline
- No. of Questions – 100
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours
- Ink Color or Type – Ball Pen of any blue or black color
BHU SET 2020 Entrance Test Syllabus
Students appearing for the admission can check the syllabus of the entrance examnation from below. Syllabus for all the classes is given below.
- For class VI: The test question paper will be of class V standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class IX: The test question paper will be of class VIII standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class XI: The test question paper will be of class X standard 100 MCQs of subjects:
- For Maths Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
- For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
BHU SET 2020 Answer Key
After the completion of the entrance examination BHU releases the answer keys online on the official website. Appeared students in teh entrance examination can access the answer key to check the correct answers and can also raise the objections against the answers marked in the answer key within the stipulated time. Only after it the final asnwer key is releases on the basis of which the result is prepared.
BHU SET 2020 Result
BHU declares the result after the release of the final answer key. The result releases in the form of the merit list. The merit list contains the names of the qualified candidates of the entrance examination. The list releases on the BHU Entrance Test Portal. Candidates are called for the counselling as per the merit marks or cutoffs. No call letters are sent to any candidate regarding it.
BHU SET 2020 Selection Procedure
On the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List is drawn for admission in each class and the candidates are given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of this merit. In case of a tie the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed.
For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates have to come for counselling and they are offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available. The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination immediately on the day of counselling and the choice once exercised will be final and no change will be allowed at a later date.
BHU SET 2020 Counselling
After the release of the entrance test result the qualified students are called for the counselling round. BHU doesn’t send any type of letters or notice to candidates for the counselling. The studnet has to keep a track by visiting on the official website. On the day of the counselling candidate has to bring all the documents in the original as well as in the self-attested form. Along with it candidate has to bring admit card of the entrance exam, Date of Birth Certificate, Previous School Leaving Certificate, Category Certificate.
BHU SET 2020 Seat Matrix
For the academic session 2020 the availability of seats can be checked from below.
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||38+50|
|11th (Bio Stream)||25|
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||17|
|11th (Bio Stream)||16|
Note for class XI: 25% of seats in each stream in class XI in the Central Hindu Boys‟ School are reserved for candidates who compete through the School Entrance Test. In addition to the 25% seats in each stream in class XI in CHBS, 50* seats are reserved for Maths group, only for external candidates except BHU Employee category through SET. In CHBS there is also a provision of 05 seats in each section of class XI only on the basis of merit after the cut off list of general merit in the Paid Seat Category. (Maths group- 20 seats, Biology group- 10 seats, Commerce group- 5 seats, Arts group- 5 seats.
BHU SET 2020 Reservations
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March, 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC)/Divyang candidates as per rule.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates, in addition, will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the Entrance Test. If internal candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to General Category seats.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
Official Website: bhuonline.in.
For More Information about BHU SET 2020, Click here to Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.