BHU SET 2020 – In view of the spread of COVID – 19, Banaras Hindu University has decided to not conduct BHU SET for the year 2020. BHU has published a new method for Admission to classes 6th, 9th, and 11th. This year BHU admits student into classes VI and IX through E-Lottery and class XI admission is done on the basis of merit of Class X. The last date to submit the application form for BHU school admission is September 24, 2020. Read this article to know the new admission procedure, form last date, Result etc
– BHU has released the notice regarding admission for the second list. Scroll down to check the same.
– BHU has released the notice of Second List Class XI.CHGS. Get here!
– BHU has released the Class XI CHBS Second List cum cut off merit for provisional admission. Click here to check it.
– Result for BHU SET 2020 Class 11 (Maths, Commerce & Arts, Biology), 9, 6, 1, LKG & Nursing has been released. Click here to check the Result.
– The revised admission process has been released for admission into LKG/Nursery/Class 1. Scroll down to check the same.
– BHU has released New Instructions for admission in Schools. Scroll down to check.
BHU SET 2020
The Admissions to Class VI, IX, XI in Central Boys’ Hindu School and Central Girls’ Hindu School are granted only to those candidates who will qualify the BHU SET 2020. The aspiring candidates shall complete the application process as per the schedule is given below.
|Availability of Online Application Form||20 Feb 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application Form|
24 Sep 2020
|Date of correction if any in online Application Form|
25 Sep 2020
|Date of issuing of Online Admit Card|
|Dates of Entrance Test – Cancelled|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce|
|Class XI Biology|
|Class XI Maths|
|Provisional Answer Key|
|Objections/ Challenge Raising|
|Final Answer Key|
|Date of SET-2020 result declaration|
|Dates of counselling/Admission for external candidates (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)|
20 Oct 2020 – 2nd list
16 Oct 2020 – 2nd list
|Class XI Maths|
13 Oct 2020 – 2nd list
|Class XI Biology|
13 Oct 2020 – 2nd list
|Class XI Arts & Commerce|
14 Oct 2020 – 2nd list
|Class XI Paid Seats (In CHBS Only)|
Click here to check the revised schedule.
BHU SET 2020 Notice for 2nd Admission List
Click here to download the Notice
BHU SET 2020 Result
BHU declares the result after the release of the final answer key. The result releases in the form of the merit list. The merit list contains the names of the qualified candidates of the entrance examination. The list releases on the BHU Entrance Test Portal. Candidates are called for the counselling as per the merit marks or cutoffs. No call letters are sent to any candidate regarding it.
BHU SET 2020 Revised Admission Procedure for LKG, Nursery and Class 1
The entrance fee for LKG/Nursery/Class 1 is –
- SC/ST : 70.00
- General / OBC / Divyang (OH) / BHU Employee Ward : 200.00
Candidate is required to fill up the Application Form ONLINE as printed Information Bulletin-cumApplication Form will not be sold by the University. After the candidate has filled up the application form online, he/she will have following options for payment of Application Processing / Entrance
-Online payment through credit card/debit card
-Payment of Entrance Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank
The selection will be done on the basis of e-lottery instead of manual lottery. Admission of BHU employee ward applicants will be carried out first.Waiting list of each Lot will be prepared separately.
- 1st Lot – 3% of the seats will be allocated horizontally to Differently Abled applicants.
- 2nd Lot – Total no. of ST candidates will be calculated from First Lot and the remaining seats reserved for ST candidates will be allocated and the total no. of SC candidates will be calculated from First Lot and remaining seats reserved for SC candidates will be allocated. The total no. of OBC-NCL candidates will be calculated from First Lot and the remaining seats reserved for OBC-NCL candidates will be allocated
- 3rd Lot – After Second Lot, remaining seats will be allocated to unreserved applicants
- A photocopy of the Date of Birth certificate, attested by father/mother/guardian, and mentioning name of the applicant, issue by Nagar Nigam/copy of Kutumb Register is necessary to be enclosed along with the form. In case of an invalid certificate, the form will be rejected.
- All reserved applicants are required to submit the original and attested photocopy of the certificate in their respective categories as mentioned in the filling form
- The physically challenged (Ortho) candidate has to produce original and a photocopy attested by the father/mother/guardian of the certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate with the form. These candidates will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- The SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates are required to produce original certificate and attested photocopy of their caste certificate at the time of admission
BHU SET 2020 Application Form Deadline
BHU SET 2020 New Instructions for Admission in Schools
- Click here to download the above notice.
BHU SET 2020 Exam Date Postponed Notice
As per the notification released on April 16, 2020, BHU has postponed the School Entrance Test 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID – 19 and extension of Lockdown period. The new dates for BHU SET 2020 will be announced later on the official website, which is bhuonline.in. Check the below image for complete information.
- Click here to download the BHU SET 2020 Exam Date Postponed Notice.
BHU SET 2020 Application Form
Students who wish to take admission must check the criteria of eligibility from this page. Student’s can’t apply by the offline mode only as BHU releases application form only in the online mode. The form is considered submitted only after the successful payment of the application fee. The fee is accepted only by Debit/credit or through challan mode in any HDFC Bank branch. It must be keep in mid that fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Application Fee – The application fee as per the category is given below.
- For General – Rs. 400/-
- For SC/ST – Rs 200/-
BHU SET 2020 Eligibility Requirements
Check the criteria of eligibility for admission to the 6th, 9th and 11th classes form below.
For class VI: 10 Years to 12 years age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class V examination from a school.
For class IX: 13 Years to 15 years age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class VIII examination from a school.
For class XI: 18 Years maximum age as on September 30, 2020 and passed class X examination from a recognized Board/University with the required percentage as under noted:
For external candidates (coming through SET):
- Above 60% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce (As per KVS norms).
- Class X passed for the Arts stream (As per KVS norms).
In addition to the above a candidate (excluding SC/ST) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% in the School Entrance Test in which he/she is appearing. This criterion will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
BHU SET 2020 Admit Card
Those who successfully submit the application can access the admi card online. The exam consucting authority releases the admit card only in the online mode. Furthermore, the amdit cards are emailed to the candidates on their respective email id’s and the examinee will also receive the push notification on the registered email id for downloading the admit card. It’s advised that candidate must carry the admit card on the day of the examination as without it candidate can’t sit for the examination. Student’s can also download the admit card from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (bhuonline.in) by providing the unique code allotted to them at the time of online submission of the form.
BHU SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the entrabce examination for admission must go through the pattern of the exam.
- Type of Questions – Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of Examination –Offline
- No. of Questions – 100
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours
- Ink Color or Type – Ball Pen of any blue or black color
BHU SET 2020 Entrance Test Syllabus
Students appearing for the admission can check the syllabus of the entrance examnation from below. Syllabus for all the classes is given below.
- For class VI: The test question paper will be of class V standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class IX: The test question paper will be of class VIII standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class XI: The test question paper will be of class X standard 100 MCQs of subjects:
- For Maths Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
- For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
BHU SET 2020 Answer Key
After the completion of the entrance examination BHU releases the answer keys online on the official website. Appeared students in teh entrance examination can access the answer key to check the correct answers and can also raise the objections against the answers marked in the answer key within the stipulated time. Only after it the final asnwer key is releases on the basis of which the result is prepared.
BHU SET 2020 Selection Procedure
On the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List is drawn for admission in each class and the candidates are given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of this merit. In case of a tie the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed.
For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates have to come for counseling and they are offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available. The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination immediately on the day of counseling and the choice once exercised will be final and no change will be allowed at a later date.
BHU SET 2020 Counselling
After the release of the entrance test result the qualified students are called for the counselling round. BHU doesn’t send any type of letters or notice to candidates for the counselling. The studnet has to keep a track by visiting on the official website. On the day of the counselling candidate has to bring all the documents in the original as well as in the self-attested form. Along with it candidate has to bring admit card of the entrance exam, Date of Birth Certificate, Previous School Leaving Certificate, Category Certificate.
BHU SET 2020 Seat Matrix
For the academic session 2020 the availability of seats can be checked from below.
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||38+50|
|11th (Bio Stream)||25|
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||17|
|11th (Bio Stream)||16|
Note for class XI: 25% of seats in each stream in class XI in the Central Hindu Boys‟ School are reserved for candidates who compete through the School Entrance Test. In addition to the 25% seats in each stream in class XI in CHBS, 50* seats are reserved for Maths group, only for external candidates except BHU Employee category through SET. In CHBS there is also a provision of 05 seats in each section of class XI only on the basis of merit after the cut off list of general merit in the Paid Seat Category. (Maths group- 20 seats, Biology group- 10 seats, Commerce group- 5 seats, Arts group- 5 seats.
BHU SET 2020 Reservations
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March, 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC)/Divyang candidates as per rule.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates, in addition, will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the Entrance Test. If internal candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to General Category seats.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
Official Website: bhuonline.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.