The Banaras Hindu University admits each year girls and boys in classes VI, IX and XI in the Central Hindu Girls’ School and Central Hindu Boys’ School through a common entrance test generally called as BHU School Entrance Test (SET) 2019. The qualified candidates will be awarded admission to various streams viz. Maths, Biology and Arts & Commerce. Get here complete details of BHU SET 2019 from below article.
BHU SET 2019 – BHU School Entrance Test
The Admissions to Class VI, IX, XI in Central Boys’ Hindu School and Central Girls’ Hindu School are granted only to those candidates who will qualify the BHU SET 2019. The aspiring candidates shall complete the application process as per the schedule is given below.
|Availability of Online Application Form||01 Mar 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||31 Mar 2019|
|Date of correction if any in online Application Form||02 to 08 Apr 2019|
|Date of issuing of Online Admit Card||12 Apr 2019|
|Dates of Entrance Test|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce||25 Apr 2019|
|Class XI Biology||26 Apr 2019|
|Class XI Maths||27 Apr 2019|
|Class IX||28 Apr 2019|
|Class VI||29 Apr 2019|
|Date of SET-2019 result declaration (tentative)||10 Jun 2019|
|Dates of counselling/Admission for external candidates (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)|
|Class VI||21 Jun 2019|
|Class IX||22 Jun 2019|
|Class XI Maths||24 Jun 2019|
|Class XI Biology||25 Jun 2019|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce||26 Jun 2019|
|Class XI Paid Seats (In CHBS Only)||27 Jun 2019|
The candidates will have to appear in BHU SET 2019 to get admission to mentioned classes for the academic session 2019-20. All details about BHU SET 2019, Application Form, Admit Card, Result etc are provided on this page.
Central Hindu Boys’ School & Central Hindu Girls’ School Admission
Having their roots in the Central Hindu College established by Dr. Annie Besant in 1898, the Central Hindu Boys’ School and Central Hindu Girls’ School are housed in monumental buildings situated at Kamachha in the heart of Varanasi city. Affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, these schools have a glorious history of providing excellent education in Arts, Commerce, Home Science, Science and Agriculture streams along with ample sports and extra-co-curricular activities to ensure all round personality development of both boys & girls. Both schools have well equipped laboratories for providing skill based training in almost all practical subjects. In addition, the schools provide NCC training to boys in the Army and Air Wings and NCC training to girls in the Army Wings. Being a part of Banaras Hindu University, the students of the schools enjoy many facilities that are available to the university students in general. Both schools have also the facilities of Computer Education.
For class VI: 10 Years to 12 years age as on September 30, 2019 and passed class V examination from a school.
For class IX: 13 Years to 15 years age as on September 30, 2019 and passed class VIII examination from a school.
For class XI: 18 Years maximum age as on September 30, 2019 and passed class X examination from a recognized Board/University with the required percentage as under noted:
For external candidates (coming through SET):
- Above 60% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 60% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce (As per KVS norms).
- Class X passed for Arts stream (As per KVS norms).
In addition to the above a candidate (excluding SC/ST) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% in the School Entrance Test in which he/she is appearing. This criterion will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
The Minimum Number of Available Seats
- CHBS: VI – 170, IX – 104, XI Maths – 38+50*, XI Biology – 25, XI Commerce – 13 and XI Arts – 12.
- CHGS: VI – 70, IX – 10, XI Maths – 16, XI Biology – 17, XI Commerce – 25 and XI Arts – 40.
Note for class XI: 25% of seats in each stream in class XI in the Central Hindu Boys‟ School are reserved for candidates who compete through the School Entrance Test. In addition to the 25% seats in each stream in class XI in CHBS, 50* seats are reserved for Maths group, only for external candidates except BHU Employee category through SET. In CHBS there is also a provision of 05 seats in each section of class XI only on the basis of merit after the cut off list of general merit in the Paid Seat Category. (Maths group- 20 seats, Biology group- 10 seats, Commerce group- 5 seats, Arts group- 5 seats, However, possibility of number of seats for external candidates in both the schools in addition to the above may increase depending upon the availability of seats after the admission of internal candidates.
Entrance Test Syllabus
- For class VI: The test question paper will be of class V standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class IX: The test question paper will be of class VIII standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class XI: The test question paper will be of class X standard 100 MCQs of subjects:
- For Maths Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
- For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March, 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- The SC/ST candidates are required to produce original certificate and attested photocopy of their caste certificate at the time of counselling from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to a SC/ST category.
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Addl. Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands).
Candidates must note that Certificate from any other person/authority shall not be accepted in any case. If the candidate happens to belong to SC or ST, his/her caste/tribe must be listed in the appropriate Govt. of India schedule. The Caste Certificate should clearly state: (a) Name of his/her caste/tribe (b) whether he/she belongs to SC or ST (c) District and the State or Union Territory of his/her usual place of residence and (d) the appropriate Govt. of India schedule under which his/her caste/tribe is approved by it as SC or ST.
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC)/Divyang candidates as per rule.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates, in addition, will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the Entrance Test. If internal candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to General Category seats.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
* The number of available seats depends upon the internal/board examination results of the schools. Sometimes seats may not be available or their number may be very few in a particular class for external students. This situation should be taken into consideration before applying for the admission test.
- Internal candidates appearing in the examination of class X from CHBS and CHGS shall have the option to appear in SET as external candidates. They can avail both the facilities of external as well as internal candidates as per rule. To take admission as internal candidate (VI for CHBS, XI for CHBS & CHGS) students will have to fill the separate form which will be made available from school counter.
- The regular students of CHBS and CHGS who are declared to appear at Compartmental Examination, are treated as regular students if they pass the Compartmental Examination in two chances, i.e. July and March next.
- The candidate having NCC “A” Certificate will be given an additional 3 marks while preparing the entrance Test result of class XI provided he/she has secured minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test.
- Separate application forms are required to be submitted for different streams for Class XI, if a candidate wishes to apply for more than one stream.
- Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility as prescribed above before filling in the application form. The eligibility shall be verified with the originals certificates and marks sheets at the time of counselling. The provisional admit card issued to the candidate entities him/her to sit in the Entrance Test but mere appearance in the entrance test or securing pass marks in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to a class unless he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions.
- The candidates are required to reach the test venue half an hour before the commencement of the test.
Method of Selection
On the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List will be drawn for admission in each class and the candidates will be given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of this merit. In case of a tie the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed.
For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates will have to come for counselling and they will be offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available. The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination immediately on the day of counselling and the choice once exercised will be final and no change will be allowed at a later date.
Note: No separate letter will be sent to call students for counselling. The merit lists shall be displayed on the Entrance Exam Portal. The candidates are advised to see their position in the Merit Lists and ensure their appearance in the counselling with relevant documents (Original Marksheet, Date of Birth Certificate, Previous School Leaving Certificate, Category Certificate etc. alongwith the set Admit Card).
BHU SET Previous Question Papers
As you all must be aware, date of entrance is approaching very fast, you must equip yourself with the pattern and types of questions BHU has asked previously. Candidates can check the table given below to boost their preparation. The given previous papers have been taken from the official website of BHU.
|Class VI||Click here for set-1|
|Class VI||Click here for set-2|
|Class VI||Click here for set-3|
|Class IX||Click here for set-1|
|Class IX||Click here for set-2|
|Class IX||Click here for set-3|
|Class XI||Click here for Biology set-1|
|Class XI||Click here for Biology set-2|
|Class XI||Click here for Biology set-3|
|Class XI||Click here for Mathematics set-1|
|Class XI||Click here for Mathematics set-2|
|Class XI||Click here for Mathematics set-3|
|Class XI||Click here for Arts & Comm. set-1|
|Class XI||Click here for Arts & Comm. set-2|
|Class XI||Click here for Arts & Comm. set-3|
Official Website: www.bhuonline.in.