BHU SET 2021 – Banaras Hindu University has annouced that, no entrance test will be conducted for sessions 2021-22. This decision is taken in view of Covid-19 Pandemic situation across the country. The application process for the school entrance test is over now. The Banaras Hindu University admits boys and girls in classes VI, IX and XI in the Central Hindu Boys’ School and Central Hindu Girl’s’ School through a common entrance test. whereas, admission to LKG, Nursery, and Class 1 is done on the basis of E-lottery. Read this article to know the new admission procedure, form last date, Result etc.
Latest: BHU has announced No Entrance Test will be conducted for session 2021-22. Check out the complete notice below.
For BHU Admission 2021 – Click here.
BHU SET 2021
The Admissions to Class VI, IX, XI in Central Boys’ Hindu School and Central Girls’ Hindu School are granted only to those candidates who will qualify the BHU SET 2021. The aspiring candidates shall complete the application process as per the schedule is given below.
|Availability of Online Application Form||01 Mar 2021|
|Last date for submission of Application Form|
10 April 2021
|Date of correction if any in online Application Form|
12 Apr – 15 Apr 2021
|Date of issuing of Online Admit Card|
|Dates of Entrance Test|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce|
|Class XI Biology|
|Class XI Maths|
|Provisional Answer Key|
|Objections/ Challenge Raising|
|Final Answer Key|
|Date of SET-2021 result declaration|
|Dates of counselling/Admission for external candidates (8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)|
|Class XI Maths|
|Class XI Biology|
|Class XI Arts & Commerce (in CHBS only)|
|Class XI Commerce (in CHGS only)|
|Class XI Arts (in CHGS only)|
|Class XI Paid Seats (In CHBS Only)|
BHU Admission 2021 for LKG, Nursery & Class 1
Banaras Hindu University has issued the notification for admission in LKG (CENTRAL HINDU GIRLS’ SCHOOL, Kamachha, Varanasi), Nursery (CENTRAL HINDU SCHOOL, RGSC, Barkachha, Mirzapur) and class 1 (SHRI RANVIR SANSKRIT VIDYALAYA, Kamachha, Varanasi) for session 2021-22. candidates can check the complete details here.
|Availability of Online Application Form||01 Mar 2021|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||31 Mar 2021|
|Date of correction if any in online Application Form||03 to 07 Apr 2021|
|Date of E-lottery & Display of Main/ Waiting List/ Notice|
|BHU Employee Ward & Divyang (PH)||15 Apr 2021|
|General, SC, ST & OBC-NCL||19 Apr 2021|
|Dates of counseling/Admission|
|BHU Employee Ward & Divyang (PH)||17 Apr 2021|
|General, SC, ST & OBC-NCL 1st List (Merit List)||25 Apr 2021|
|General, SC, ST & OBC-NCL 2nd List (Waiting List)||26 Apr 2021|
BHU SET 2021 Application Form
Students who wish to take admission must check the criteria of eligibility from this page. Student’s can’t apply by the offline mode only as BHU releases application form only in the online mode. The form is considered submitted only after the successful payment of the application fee. The fee is accepted only by credit card/ debit card/ Internet Banking/UPI or through challan mode in any HDFC Bank branch. It must be keep in mid that fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Application Fee – The application fee as per the category is given below.
- For General – Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST – Rs 300/-
- LKG: Central Hindu Girls’ School, Kamachha, Varanasi – 120
- Nursery: Central Hindu School, RGSC, Barkachha, Mirzapur – 40
- class 1: Shri Ranvir Sanskrit Vidyalaya, Kamachha, Varanasi – 40
- Admission of BHU employee ward applicants will be carried out first in Central Hindu Girls School for class LKG.
- First Lot: 3% of the seats will be allocated horizontally to Differently Abled (Divyang (PC)) applicants by lottery.
- Waiting list of each Lot will be prepared separately
BHU SET 2021 Eligibility Requirements
Check the criteria of eligibility for admission to the 6th, 9th and 11th classes form below.
For class VI: 10 Years to 12 years age as on September 30, 2021 and passed class V examination from a school.
For class IX: 13 Years to 15 years age as on September 30, 2021 and passed class VIII examination from a school.
For class XI: 18 Years maximum age as on September 30, 2021 and passed class X examination from a recognized Board/University with the required percentage as under noted:
For external candidates (coming through SET):
- Above 60% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce.
- Class X passed for the Arts stream (As per KVS norms).
In addition to the above a candidate (excluding SC/ST/OH) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if he/she gets a minimum of 33% in the School Entrance Test in which he/she is appearing. These criteria will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged (OH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
BHU SET 2021 Admit Card
Those who successfully submit the application can access the admi card online. The exam consucting authority releases the admit card only in the online mode. Furthermore, the admit cards are emailed to the candidates on their respective email id’s and the examinee will also receive the push notification on the registered email id for downloading the admit card. It’s advised that candidate must carry the admit card on the day of the examination as without it candidate can’t sit for the examination. Student’s can also download the admit card from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (bhuonline.in) by providing the unique code allotted to them at the time of online submission of the form.
BHU SET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the entrabce examination for admission must go through the pattern of the exam.
- Type of Questions – Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of Examination –Offline
- No. of Questions – 100
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours
- Ink Color or Type – Ball Pen of any blue or black color
BHU SET 2021 Entrance Test Syllabus
Students appearing for the admission can check the syllabus of the entrance examnation from below. Syllabus for all the classes is given below.
- For class VI: The test question paper will be of class V standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class IX: The test question paper will be of class VIII standard comprising 100 MCQs of subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science.
- For class XI: The test question paper will be of class X standard 100 MCQs of subjects:
- For Maths Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
- For Commerce & Arts Group: English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
BHU SET 2021 Answer Key
After the completion of the entrance examination BHU releases the answer keys online on the official website. Appeared students in teh entrance examination can access the answer key to check the correct answers and can also raise the objections against the answers marked in the answer key within the stipulated time. Only after it the final asnwer key is releases on the basis of which the result is prepared.
BHU SET 2021 Selection Procedure
On the basis of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List is drawn for admission in each class and the candidates are given a seat in the concerned class strictly on the basis of this merit. In case of a tie the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed.
For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates have to come for counseling and they are offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available. The candidates for admission in class XI will have to exercise their choice combination immediately on the day of counseling and the choice once exercised will be final and no change will be allowed at a later date.
BHU SET 2021 Result
BHU declares the result after the release of the final answer key. The result releases in the form of the merit list. The merit list contains the names of the qualified candidates of the entrance examination. The list releases on the BHU Entrance Test Portal. Candidates are called for the counselling as per the merit marks or cutoffs. No call letters are sent to any candidate regarding it.
BHU SET 2021 Counselling
After the release of the entrance test result the qualified students are called for the counselling round. BHU doesn’t send any type of letters or notice to candidates for the counselling. The studnet has to keep a track by visiting on the official website. On the day of the counselling candidate has to bring all the documents in the original as well as in the self-attested form. Along with it candidate has to bring admit card of the entrance exam, Date of Birth Certificate, Previous School Leaving Certificate, Category Certificate.
BHU SET 2021 Seat Matrix
For the academic session 2021 the availability of seats can be checked from below.
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||38+50|
|11th (Bio Stream)||25|
The Minimum Number of Available Seats in Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS)
|Class||No. of Seats|
|11th (Maths Stream)||17|
|11th (Bio Stream)||16|
Note for class XI: 25% of seats in each stream in class XI in the Central Hindu Boys’ School are reserved for candidates who compete through the School Entrance Test. In addition to the 25% seats in each stream in class XI in CHBS, 50* seats are reserved for Maths group only for external candidates except BHU Employee category through SET. In CHBS there is also a provision of 05 seats in each section of class XI only on the basis of merit after the cut off list of merit in the Paid Seat Category as per BHU UET/PET norms. (Maths group- 20 seats, Biology group- 10 seats, Commerce group- 5 seats, Arts group- 5 seats)
BHU SET 2021 Reservations
As per the Banaras Hindu University EC resolution dated 29/30 March, 1996, the following reservations will be given for admissions in the seats available* for admission in various classes after giving seats to internal students:-
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 27 % seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL).
However, if an SC/ST candidate seeks admission under some other category (for example PC/Employee Ward etc.) the candidate should satisfy the minimum eligibility requirement for that category.
- 3% seats are horizontally reserved for Physically Challenged (OH) candidates.
- The Physically challenged (PC) candidates are required to submit the PC Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon of the district of the residence of the candidate at the time of counselling. These candidates, in addition, will be required to appear before the Medical Board appointed by Banaras Hindu University before their final admission.
- 50% seats available for admission shall be provided to the sons and daughters of permanent employees of Banaras Hindu University subject to securing a minimum of 33% marks in the School Entrance Test. If the candidates are not available under 50% seats reserved for sons and daughters of the University Employees, then the vacant seats will be converted to respective Categories of SET candidates.
- The sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU have to submit the employee certificate from LTC Cell, BHU at the time of counselling (except in the case of internal admissions).
Official Website: bhuonline.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.