Dadra & Nagar Haveli National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2017 – 18: Dadra & Nagar Haveli National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination for the class VIII is to be held on November 2017. To participate in the Dadra & Nagar Haveli NMMS candidates have to fill the downloaded application form. Candidates can check the complete information of Dadra & Nagar Haveli NMMS 2017-2018 for class VIII application process, eligibility criteria other information through this page below.
The Examination for selecting candidates for NMMS will be same of Stage-I of NTS. There will not be Stage-II Examination for NMMSS candidates.
Schedule for Dadra & Nagar Haveli NMMS 2017-2018 is given below.
|Date of examination||05 Nov 2017|
The application forms can be downloaded directly from the official website (www.dnh.gov.in). Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the downloaded Application form.
- Rs. 100/- (for Gen. Category)
- Rs. 70/- (for SC 1ST)
- Only Eligible Candidates as per NMMS Rules will be registered For NMMS Examination.
- To prove eligibility the candidate have to produce
- Parental Annual Income Certificate from Competent Authority.
- This school should be of category (a). Govt. (b). Local Body (c). Private-aided (by Govt. or Local body
The UT will conduct the State Level Examination which may consist of the following two tests.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questionstesting verbal & Non-verbal Metacognitive abilities like reasoning & critical thinking based on Analogy, Classification Numerical series, Pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
Scholastic Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple choice questions covering Science, Mathematics, and Social Sciences from subjects studied in Class-VII and VIII.
Duration of the test – Each test will be of 90 minutes’ duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
For selecting students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40%marks in each. For the reserved category this cut off will be 32% marks.
- The parental income of the students should not be more than Rs.1.50 lakh per annum from all sources
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in class VIII examination. There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
- The awardees should satisfy the eligibilities and the conditions mentioned in the scheme.
Eligibility and other conditions for starting and continuing of scholarship at secondary and higher secondary stage:
- The awardees should get clear promotion from class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from Class IX to Class X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.