Candidates can download NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 8 from this page. The exemplar has been provided by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) and the candidates can check it from below for free of cost. It contains objective, very short answer type, short answer type, and long answer type questions. Along with it, the answer for each question has also been provided. From the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 8, candidates can understand the level and type of questions that are asked in the exam.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 8 Ratio and Proportion
NCERT Class 6 Maths Unit 8 is for Ratio and Proportion. The type of questions that will be asked from NCERT Class 6 Maths Unit 8 are displayed in the below provided NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 8. With the help of it, candidates can prepare well for the examination.
Also Check: NCERT Solutions Class 6 Maths
Main Concepts and Results
- Ratio, Proportion and Unitary Method.
- The comparison of two numbers or quantities by division is known as the ratio. Symbol ‘:’ is used to denote ratio.
- For a ratio, the two quantities must be in the same unit. If they are not, they should be expressed in the same unit before the ratio is taken.
- A ratio may be treated as a fraction.
- Two ratios are equivalent, if the fractions corresponding to them are equivalent.
- Four quantities are said to be in proportion, if the ratio of the first and the second quantities is equal to the ratio of the third and the fourth quantities. The symbol ‘::’ or ‘=’ is used to equate the two ratios.
- The order of terms in a proportion is important. For example 3, 8, 24, 64 are in proportion but 3, 8, 64, 24 are not in proportion.
- The method in which first we find the value of one unit and then the value of the required number of units is known as unitary method.
Multiple Choice Questions
Find Missing Number Type Questions
True False Type Questions
Fill in the Blanks Type Questions
Other Important Type Questions
Click here to download NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 8 Ratio and Proportion.