Indian National Mathematical Olympiads registration now open. Training and Selection of students for the Olympiad contest have been designated in 26 regions all over the country and each has been assigned a Regional Coordinator. Two groups of schools also treated separate regions and have a ‘Regional Coordinator’ each as a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) and Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV). The MOP in India consists of six stages i.e. Pre- Regional Mathematics Olympiad, Regional Mathematical Olympiad, IMO Training Camp at HBCSE, Indian National Mathematics INMO, Pre-Departure Camp HBCSE and International Olympiad. After successful of 2 stages candidate can be eligible for the 3rd stage for INMO. For registration, admit card, result, etc, scroll down to check all the updates from this page.
Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2019
Students who get the INMO certificate of merit in 2018 are eligible to appear for the INMO 2019. On the basis of the INMO, the top 30 students from Classes 8, 9, 10, 11 and the top 6 students from Class 12 in merit from all over the country will be chosen as INMO awardees. The INMO 2018 Merit Certificate holders who will be in class XII at the time of writing INMO 2019 will be eligible to qualify as an INMO Awardee in the class 12 quota. Candidate can check the schedule for the INMO 2019 below the table:
|Registration Decline Date||15 Jan 2019|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||16 Jan 2019, onwards|
|Date of INMO Exam||20 Jan 2019, Sunday (12:00 noon – 4:00 pm)|
|Result Declaration||09 Feb 2019|
|Last Date for submission of re-evaluation request||15 Feb 2019|
Important Announcement: In question number 6 of the INMO 2019 held on January 20, 2019, a hypothesis was unfortunately left out inadvertently. As a result, the problem was incomplete. A suitable resolution of the problem will be worked out in consultation with examiners and students’ efforts will be taken care of during the evaluation.
The INMO 2019 provisional scores has been released by the conducting body of the exam. Candidates can check their scores from the official website or from the direct link provided below. The result is available for those students who appeared on the exam of INMO 2019.
Result: Click here to check the INMO 2019 provisional score.
Application Form For INMO 2019
Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2019 registration has been open now. Candidate can register and then login for the examination. Only for students who have qualified for INMO 2019 they can registered for the INMO 2019. Exams dates and timing has been announced for the test. Online registration will be closed on January 15, 2019. Avoid the last day for registered yourself before the last date candidate must registered for the INMO 2019. Candidate can apply through the below link.
Application process over..!!
Candidate should be eligible for the examination. After the successful on the two stages candidate eligible for the 3rd stages to appear the exam for INMO. Candidate can check the details for the eligibility:
- On the basis of the INMO, the top 30 students from Classes 8, 9, 10, 11 and the top 6 students from Class 12 in merit from all over the country will be chosen as INMO awardees.
- The INMO 2018 Merit Certificate holders who will be in class XII at the time of writing INMO 2019 will be eligible to qualify as an INMO Awardee in the class 12 quota. In addition to INMO awardees, the next 45 students who have performed well in INMO, but have not qualified as INMO awardees, are awarded INMO certificates of merit.
- These students will be eligible to appear for INMO 2020 directly without qualifying through PRMO 2019 and RMO 2019. In addition to the INMO awardees, up to five girl students (outside the INMO awardees list) will be chosen based on the performance in INMO, for training and possible selection in the EGMO 2020 team.
- Girl students studying in Class 12 will not be eligible for the additional girls’ quota.
- All INMO awardees, the selected girl students as above and all the students designated as senior students of IMOTC 2018 will be eligible to write APMO.
INMO Scholarship 2019
The INMO awardees successfully completing IMOTC, who pursue B.Sc., or other courses adjudged by the Board to be on the same footing, with mathematics as one of the principal subjects of study, are eligible to receive a scholarship of NBHM, which is at present Rs. 4,000 per month, through the period of their undergraduate studies (subject to satisfactory progress). An enhanced scholarship would be available for pursuing masters studies in mathematics.
Instructions for Candidates
Candidates have to follow the instruction that is provided here:
1. The INMO 2019 exam is on Sunday, January 20, 2019. (Time: 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm ). Please reach your exam centre NO LATER THAN 11:30 AM.
2. Please bring your school photo ID and the admit card that you will download from the registration website to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
3. Please bring a geometry toolbox with you to the exam centre. Note that you will be ALLOWED to use a RULER and COMPASSES. You will NOT BE ALLOWED to use a PROTRACTOR, a DIVIDER or a SET SQUARE.
4. Please bring your OWN pens, pencils, erasers and sharpeners. Write legibly with a BLUE pen or a BLACK pen. Geometry diagrams should be neatly drawn with a PENCIL and properly labelled.
5. Use of CALCULATORS of any sort and in any form is FORBIDDEN during the exam.
6. Use of MOBILE PHONE is FORBIDDEN during the exam.
7. ROUGH SHEETS will be provided during the exam.
8. Answer to each question should start on new page. Clearly indicate the question number.
9. At the end of the exam please submit ONLY your answer book along with the rough pages. You must return the unused pages to the invigilator. You may retain the question paper.
Note: Please note that giving false or misleading information may lead to disqualification at any stage of the Mathematical Olympiad Programme.
About INMO 2019
The principal aim of the mathematical olympiad and other math competitions is to stimulate love and enthusiasm for mathematics. It is a healthy competitive activity that facilitates the learning of mathematical concepts, and the teaching of major strategies for problem solving. The Mathematical Olympiad Programme in India is organized by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. Apart from the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), in which India has been participating since 1989, it has also started participating in two more international Olympiad events: the European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO) and Asia Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO) 2 since 2015.
INMO Sample Paper
The INMO sample paper can be termed as a ‘Make or Break’ for every student. Sample paper play a major role in shaping your career path and aspirations. Here, we have bring some important previous years sample papers which will help you to prepare for INMO 2019 examination. The secret to crack any exam is diligent preparation and we hope that these previous year sample papers will be helpful for your preparation. Here we have provided the link for the sample paper for the intended candidates.
- Click here to download the problems and solutions of INMO 2019.
- Click here to download the previous years papers/ sample paper.
Information Brochure for Indian National Mathematical Olympiads 2019, Click here to download.
Official website: olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in.