Aerospace engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the research, design, development, construction, testing, of aircraft and spacecraft. It is divided into two major and overlapping branches. Aeronautical engineering related with aircrafts in the earth’s atmosphere, and astronautical engineering that deals with spacecrafts that operate outside the earth’s atmosphere.
The eligibility criteria for Aerospace engineering is given below.
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent examination. The IITs consider score of JEE and other institutions have their own separate entrance exams.
Post Graduate Level
Undergraduate degree in Aeronautical/ Aerospace or related Engineering, or passed both Sections.
Must have completed Post-graduation in Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering.
Must have a valid GATE score.
Popular courses under Aerospace Engineering are provided below:
- B. tech Degree
- Dual Degree is the combination of a Bachelor and a Master degree.
- M. Tech degree with specialization courses.
- Ph. D Programs
Colleges & Universities Offering Aerospace Engineering
Colleges and Universities offering Aerospace Engineering are –
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, West Bengal