Biotechnology is utilizing the sciences of biology, chemistry, physics, engineering and information technology to develop tools and products to apply to live cells/organisms.
Biotechnology Course Details
The courses under it are as follows-
Genetic Engineering – Genetic engineering is the study of knowledge obtained from genetics to alter the reproduction and hereditary processes of organisms. It deals in cloning, in-vitro fertilization, species hybridization or direct manipulation of the genetic material itself by the recombinant DNA technique.
Plant Tissue Culture Functions in the field of in-vitro regeneration and propagation of plantlets, a Tissue Culture specialist may also be involved in plant germ plasma conservation.
Plant Genetics Activities to improve plants by evolving new horticultural varieties through hybridization, this work is generally carried out in the laboratories.
Eligibility criteria for Biotechnology are as follows:
- For B. Sc. Courses: Pass in 10+2 with PCM. (Biology)
- For M. Sc. Courses: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering, Technology or Medicine (MBBS)
- For M. Sc. (Agriculture) Biotechnology/M.Sc. Animal Biotechnology: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, fishery, Veterinary Sciences or Agricultural Engineering.
- For M Tech Biotechnology: B. Tech degree – in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotech (BE), Leather Technology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Food Technology, B. Pharma, and Dairy Technology or Master’s Botany, Zoology Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Physiology, Pharmacology and Biophysics
The popular courses are as follows:
- MSc. (Agriculture) Biotechnology/ M.Sc. Animal Biotechnology
- M.Tech Biotechnology
Leave a Reply