The course in Oceanography deals with the physical and biological aspects of the ocean and covers the study of ecosystem, geological and geophysical aspects of oceans; ocean waves currents, plate tectonics, etc.
The eligibility criteria for oceanography is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology and followed by B. Tech. or B.Sc. in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Fishery Science / Earth Science/ Physics/ Agriculture/ Microbiology/ Applied Sciences or equivalent or related subjects.
Popular courses are as given:
- M. Sc. Oceanography and Coastal Area Studies
- M. Sc. Oceanography
- M. Phil. Chemical Oceanography
- M. Tech Ocean Technology
- M. Sc. Marine Biology
Colleges and Universities Offering Oceanography
Colleges and Universities offering oceanography are:
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
- University of Science and Technology, Cochin, Kerala
- Goa University
- Mangalore University, Karnataka.
Leave a Reply