Statistics is the study data and navigating common problems for drawing correct conclusions. This course is related to the filed such as areas as financial markets, sports, engineering, healthcare, marketing & sales, election campaigns, space, natural disasters, population studies, accidents, insurance, and deaths – statistics. Statistics deals with interpretation and aggregation of large complex data into simpler data. It develops from the field of probability in mathematics.
The eligibility criteria for statistical sciences is 10+2 pass with Maths & English.
The popular courses are as given:
- Diploma in Applied Maths
- Diploma in Maths with computer programming, etc.
- Bachelor of Statistics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons)
- Bachelor’s in Statistical Methods
- Bachelor’s in Applied Mathematics & Statistics, etc.
- Masters in Statistics 8. Masters in Mathematics
- M. Tech. in Quality & Reliability and operations research
- Masters of Science (MS) in Quantitative Economics
- P.G. Dip in Applied Maths (Industrial maths)
- M. Phil (Mathematics)
- Ph. D in Mathematics
Colleges & Universities offering Statistical Sciences
Colleges & Universities offering Statistical Sciences course are:
- Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai
- College of Engineering, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata (HQ)
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSC), ChennaiSavitriBai Phule Pune University
- The Mehta Research Institute of Mathematics & Mathematical Physics (MRI), Allahabad
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- SavitriBai Phule Pune University
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.