JNVST 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern – Knowing the JNVST 2022 syllabus, and exam pattern before appearing in exam is crucial for performing well in it. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has provided both these in the notification and they have been presented here as well. Students straight out of class 5, appearing in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) for class 6 admissions, can take note of these two important points. The competition to secure a seat is among nearly 28 lakh students who take the entrance exam for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) class 6 admissions.
🔔 Remember to download and print your JNVST 2022 admit card!
JNVST 2022 Exam Pattern
- Exam Language: Download Notice PDF
- Mode of exam: Pen and paper based test
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Exam Timing: 11:30 am – 01:30 pm
Distribution of questions will be as follows:
|Name of subject||No. of qs||Marks||Time|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 mins|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 mins|
|Language Test||20||25||30 mins|
- You will get 1.25 marks for every correct answer.
- There will not be any negative marking.
Note: Divyang students” (differently-abled students) gets 40 minutes extra in the examination.
🔔 You will get answer key of JNVST 2022 here after exam, and right now you can get past year question papers here.
JNVST 2022 Syllabus
Section 1: Mental Ability Test
Questions in this section will be figures and diagram based. They will test the general mental functioning of a candidate. There will be 10 parts in the paper with 4 questions each. The notification on NVS website contains sample questions of this section, of the following types
- Odd man out
- Figure matching
- Pattern completion
- Figure series completion
- Geometrical figure completion
- Mirror imaging
- Punched hole pattern (folding / unfolding)
- Space visualization
- Embedded figure
Section 2: Arithmetic Test
A candidate’s basic competencies in the following 15 topics of arithmetic will be tested. Their understanding and application of those concepts, skills will be tested.
- Number and numeric system
- Four fundamental operations on whole number
- Fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
- Factors and multiples including their properties
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc
- Distance, time and speed
- Approximation of expressions
- Simplification of numerical expressions,
- Percentage and its applications
- Profit and loss
- Simple interest
- Perimeter, area and volume
Section 3: Language Test
This section will test the student’s ability to read and assess. To do that, the test will have passages with 5 questions each.
🔔 Bookmark this page to check your Navodaya Class 6 Admission Test Result after exam.
Bonus info! 10 Tips For Navodaya Class 6 Admission Test Preparation
Now that you know the exam pattern as well as the syllabus, here are some key pointers for your note. These will help you get an edge over your competitors in scoring high in the exam.
- Practice a lot of multiple choice questions before the exam.
- Solve the sample questions given in the official information bulletin.
- Solve past year papers. You can download past few years question papers of JNVST from AglaSem also.
- There is no negative marking, so you can mark those questions also which you are not very sure of.
- Do not panic during the exam. If you are feeling scared due to any question, take a deep breath, drink some water, and move onto another question. You can come back to the scary question at the end.
- Have a good sleeping schedule. You are very young and you are strongly advised not to stress too much about the exam. Sleep on time everyday.
- Seek help from teachers or mentors wherever you need help.
- You can also watch interesting youtube videos that teach how to solve figure based questions to get shortcuts to solve mental ability test.
- Remember to download your admit card and gather all the documents and items you need to carry to the center on the day of exam.
- Believe in yourself. You can do it!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.