Indian Talent Olympiad 2020: Indian Talent Olympiad (ITO) is a platform and an institution that tests and nurtures budding school talents across the country through its various exams. It conducts 11 exams (9 for classes 1 to 10 and the other 2 for KG) based on different subjects. This year ITO has changed their some olympiads exams names, which are IMO, EIO, GKIO, IDO. Interested students can apply through their schools by paying a fee of Rs 150. The exams are conducted in offline mode at the respective schools of the participants. Meritorious students are awarded cash prizes, laptops, tablets, certificates, and medals worth Rs 5 crore. Get to know more about Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 by scrolling through this page.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020
Some of the exams have 2 levels, namely IMO, ISO, EIO, GKIO while others have just 1 level. Candidates shortlisted using performance in Level 1 are eligible for Level 2 of the exams. Check the schedule for important events of Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 below.
Pre Examinations Events Dates
|Filling of registration form, sending final student list, and payment of exam fees in DD format to Indian Talent Olympiad Office||30 Oct 2020|
|Receipt of Study Materials to schools which place order||Within 20 days of the receipt of the application form|
|Receipt of examination question papers and OMR answer sheets to all the registered schools||01 Dec 2020 – Slot 1 Exam|
25 Jan 2021- Slot 2 Exam
Examination Schedule for Indian Talent Olympiad 2020
|Name of Exam||Slot 1 Dates||Slot 2 Dates|
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||7 Dec 2020||01 Feb 2021|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||8 Dec 2020||02 Feb 2021|
|English International Olympiad (EIO)||9 Dec 2020||03 Feb 2021|
|General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)||10 Dec 2020||04 Feb 2021|
|International Computer Olympiad (ICO)||11 Dec 2020||05 Feb 2021|
|International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)||12 Dec 2020||06 Feb 2021|
|National Essay Olympiad (NESO)||9 Dec 2020||03 Feb 2021|
|National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)||10 Dec 2020||04 Feb 2021|
|International Spell E Olympiad (ISEO)||11 Dec 2020||05 Feb 2021|
Post Examination Events Dates
|Receipt of student’s OMR answer sheet to Indian Talent Olympiad Office||16 Dec 2020|
11 Feb 2021
|Announcement of 1st Round Online Results||27 Feb 2021|
|Receipts of Trophies, Awards, Medals and Certificates to all the participating schools||15 Mar 2021|
|Receipt of Scholarships and Prizes to top performing students||30 Jun 2021|
Exams Conducted by Indian Talent Olympiad
Let us have a look at several exams organized by ITO.
Class 1 to 10
- International Science Olympiad (ISO)
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
- English International Olympiad (EIO)
- General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)
- International Computer Olympiad (ICO)
- International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)
- National Essay Olympiad (NESO)
- National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)
- International Spell E Olympiad (ISEO)
Newly Introduced Exams for Kindergarten (Jr. KG and Sr. KG)
- National Kindergarten Drawing Olympiad (NKDO)
- National Kindergarten Handwriting Olympiad (NKHO)
How to Register for Indian Talent Olympiad 2020?
The willing candidates can apply for as many exams as they wish through their respective schools. Individual registrations are not allowed. Schools must register themselves with Indian Talent Olympiad either offline or online. The school must send the completed registration form, list of students and DD (exam fees) before the deadline to Indian Talent’s Office.
All the participating students have to pay Rs 150 as the examination fee to the respective schools for each exam they wish to take. Out of these, Rs 25 is retained by the schools and rest Rs 125 are sent to ITO’s office.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Total Exam Fee (paid by each student)||Rs 150|
|Organizing expense (kept by school)||Rs 25|
|Amount sent to ITO||Rs 125|
Mode of Payment
The schools can send the consolidated fee amount to Indian Talent Olympiad using one of the following modes:
- Demand Draft
- NEFT/RTGS Transfer
- Cash Deposit
There must be a minimum of 40 students participating from each school. No upper limit is defined.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Exam Pattern
There is a fixed pattern of the examination followed for all the exams. Candidates can check the same from the points mentioned below.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (in respective schools)
- Type of Questions: Objective (Multiple-choice Questions)
- Duration of Exam: 65 minutes
- Language of Questions: English
- Marks per questions: 1 mark/ques.
- Number of Questions: Check table below.
|Class 1 to 4||35 Questions|
|Class 5 to 10||50 Questions|
- Section-wise Distribution: Each class’s exam has 2 sections. Section 1 comprises of subject specific questions while section 2 comprises of logical reasoning, problem solving and analytical questions. Check the division of questions below.
|Class||Section 1 Ques.||Section 2 Ques.|
|1 to 4||25||10|
|5 to 10||35||15|
Number of Levels
|Science, Maths, English, GK||2 levels|
How to Prepare for Indian Talent Olympiad 2020?
Important preparation tips for the exams are provided here for the assistance of the aspirants.
- Understanding Syllabus and Pattern of Exam: The students must carefully go through the syllabus and pattern for the respective exam. Preparation strategy should be devised keeping in mind the exam pattern.
- Understanding difficulty: Complexity of questions varies from class to class. The questions test the candidates on their knowledge of basic concepts & fundamentals, reasoning ability, problem-solving skills and analytical skills. Go through the study material and previous year question papers to understand the difficulty level of the exam.
- Choosing Right Books: Students must prepare from the course books prescribed by the respective school boards. In addition, Indian Talent Olympiad provides workbooks, sample papers, previous year question papers along with reasoning books for all the exams and classes. Students can refer to these.
- Practise Question Papers and Sample Papers: Previous year question papers and sample papers are available on the official website of the institution. Students can order the same.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Result
The candidates who sit for various Olympiad exams conducted by the institute can check the result from the official website, indiantalent.org. To check the result, students have to log in using their roll numbers. Alternately, results can also be checked from the official app of Indian Talent Olympiad. Individual results are not dispatched to the students through post.
For exams conducted at 2 levels (ISO, IMO, EIO, GKIO), the result of round 1 (level 1) is used to shortlist candidates for round 2 (level 2). Following are selected for Level 2 exams.
- Top 20% students from each class.
- Class topper with a score of 50% or above subject to the condition that at least 10 students from a class take the level 1 exam. For section wise registrations where at least 25 students participate from each section, class toppers are selected from each section.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Prizes
On the basis of final results, certificates, trophies, medals and scholarships are awarded to the meritorious students. Participating Certificate is provided to all the students who take the exams. Following prizes are awarded to various national and state toppers.
|National Rank 1||Rs 1,00,000|
|National Rank 2||Rs 40,000|
|National Rank 3||Laptops|
|National Rank 4||Tablets|
|State Rank 1 to 10||Scholarships|
|State Rank 11 to 25||Excellence Award + Medal|
Indian Talent Olympiad
It was established in the year 2012 with an aim to identify and nurture talented students from schools across India. ITO conducts National-level Olympiads to test knowledge, understanding and reasoning skills of the students. Till date, more than 31,573 schools have registered and millions of students have participated for Indian Talent Olympiad Exams. Arjuna and Padma Shree Award Winner, PT Usha is the head of the Advisory Committee of the Institution.
Official Website: indiantalent.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.