Indian Talent Olympiad 2020: Indian Talent Olympiad (ITO) is a platform and an institution that tests and nurtures budding school talents across the country through its various exams. It conducts 11 exams (9 for classes 1 to 10 and the other 2 for KG) based on different subjects. This year ITO has changed their some olympiads exams names, which are IMO, EIO, GKIO, IDO. Interested students can apply through their schools by paying a fee of Rs 150. The exams are conducted in offline mode at the respective schools of the participants. Meritorious students are awarded cash prizes, laptops, tablets, certificates, and medals worth Rs 5 crore. Get to know more about Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 by scrolling through this page.
Latest: Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Exam Date for Slot 2 (February Cycle) has been. Scroll down to check it.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020
Some of the exams have 2 levels, namely IMO, ISO, EIO, GKIO while others have just 1 level. Candidates shortlisted using performance in Level 1 are eligible for Level 2 of the exams. Check the schedule for important events of Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 below.
Test Fees & Online Registration
|6 Month Test Fee|
|1 Year Test Fee||Apply Now|
The Indian Talent Olympiad is held annually and weekly. The Annual Olympiad is held in 2 slots. The schedule for annual and Weekly Olympiads is given below:
Important changes: Now, the weekly test will be conducted on a monthly basis from December 2020 i.e. once a month.
Annual Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Schedule
|Last Date of Registration for slot 1 exam to be held in December||01 Dec 2021|
|Last Date of Registration for slot 2 exam to be held in January||25 Jan 2021|
|Exam dates for slot 1||4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 Dec 2020|
|Exam dates for slot 2||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 Feb 2021|
|Announcement of Online Results at our portal||27 Feb 2021|
|Receipts of Trophies, Awards, Medals and Certificates to all the participating schools||15 Mar 2021|
|Receipt of Scholarships and Prizes to top performing students||30 Jun 2021|
Exam schedule: December – Annual Olympiad (SLOT-1)
|International Science Olympiad||Class 1 to 5||04.12.20|
|International Science Olympiad||Class 6 to 10||05.12.20|
|International Maths Olympiad||Class 1 to 5||07.12.20|
|International Maths Olympiad||Class 6 to 10||08.12.20|
|English International Olympiad||Class 1 to 5||09.12.20|
|English International Olympiad||Class 6 to 10||10.12.20|
|Genaral Knowledge||Class 1 to 5||11.12.20|
|Genaral Knowledge||Class 6 to 10||12.12.20|
|Computer & Essay||Class 1 to 10||14.12.20|
|Social Studies & Drawing||Class 1 to 10||15.12.20|
Exam schedule: February – Annual Olympiad (SLOT-2)
|International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)||Class 1 to 10||01.02.21|
|National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)||Class 1 to 10||01.02.21|
|International Computer Olympiad (ICO)||Class 1 to 10||02.02.21|
|National Essay Olympiad (NESO)||Class 1 to 10||02.02.21|
|General Knowledge International Olympiad (IGKO)||Class 1 to 4||03.02.21|
|General Knowledge International Olympiad (IGKO)||Class 5 to 10||04.02.21|
|English International Olympiad (EIO)||Class 1 to 4||05.02.21|
|English International Olympiad (EIO)||Class 5 to 10||06.02.21|
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||Class 1 to 3||08.02.21|
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||Class 4 to 6||09.02.21|
|International Science Olympiad (ISO)||Class 7 to 10||10.02.21|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||Class 1 to 3||11.02.21|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||Class 4 to 6||12.02.21|
|International Maths Olympiad (IMO)||Class 7 to 10||13.02.21|
Examination Schedule for Weekly (Now Monthly) Indian Talent Olympiad 2020
|Month||Test date||Test duration|
|July||11 and 25 Jul 2020||10 AM to 6 PM|
|August||8 and 21 Aug 2020||10 AM to 6 PM|
|September||12 and 26 Sep 2020||10 AM to 6 PM|
|October||10 and 31 Oct 2020||10 AM to 6 PM|
|November||07 and 28 Nov 2020||10 AM to 6 PM|
|December||26 Dec 2021||10 AM to 6 PM|
|January||23 Jan 2021||10 AM to 6 PM|
|February||27 Feb 2021||10 AM to 6 PM|
|March||27 Mar 2021||10 AM to 6 PM|
Exams Conducted by Indian Talent Olympiad
Let us have a look at several exams organized by ITO.
Class 1 to 10
- International Science Olympiad (ISO)
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
- English International Olympiad (EIO)
- General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)
- International Computer Olympiad (ICO)
- International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)
- National Essay Olympiad (NESO)
- National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)
- International Spell E Olympiad (ISEO)
Newly Introduced Exams for Kindergarten (Jr. KG and Sr. KG)
- National Kindergarten Drawing Olympiad (NKDO)
- National Kindergarten Handwriting Olympiad (NKHO)
How to Register for Indian Talent Olympiad 2020?
The willing candidates can apply for as many exams as they wish through their respective schools. Individual registrations are not allowed. Schools must register themselves with Indian Talent Olympiad either offline or online. The school must send the completed registration form, list of students and DD (exam fees) before the deadline to Indian Talent’s Office.
All the participating students have to pay Rs 150 as the examination fee to the respective schools for each exam they wish to take. Out of these, Rs 25 is retained by the schools and rest Rs 125 are sent to ITO’s office.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Total Exam Fee (paid by each student)||Rs 150|
|Organizing expense (kept by school)||Rs 25|
|Amount sent to ITO||Rs 125|
Mode of Payment
The schools can send the consolidated fee amount to Indian Talent Olympiad using one of the following modes:
- Demand Draft
- NEFT/RTGS Transfer
- Cash Deposit
There must be a minimum of 40 students participating from each school. No upper limit is defined.
Note: For the monthly scholarship test registration, candidates have to note that they cannot register for 1 month. The student can now choose from 3 Months, 6 Months & Yearly registrations.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Exam Pattern
There is a fixed pattern of the examination followed for all the exams. Candidates can check the same from the points mentioned below.
- Mode of Exam: Offline and online (in respective schools)
- Type of Questions: Objective (Multiple-choice Questions)
- Duration of Exam: 65 minutes
- Language of Questions: English
- Marks per questions: 1 mark/ques.
- Number of Questions: Check table below.
|Class 1 to 4||35 Questions|
|Class 5 to 10||50 Questions|
- Section-wise Distribution: Each class’s exam has 2 sections. Section 1 comprises of subject specific questions while section 2 comprises of logical reasoning, problem solving and analytical questions. Check the division of questions below.
|Class||Section 1 Ques.||Section 2 Ques.|
|1 to 4||25||10|
|5 to 10||35||15|
Number of Levels
|Science, Maths, English, GK||2 levels|
Monthly test exam pattern:
- Overall question paper pattern includes academic syllabus questions, problem-based figures, series completion, the odd one out, coding-decoding, mirror images, embedded figures, symmetry, and alphabetical test questions.
- The complexity of the question paper varies according to the class. For each class, questions are prepared by understanding their knowledge, ability, and reasoning capacity.
- For Drawing & Essay (Online) Olympiad, Drawing & Essay Files Uploading will be there.
Total marks: 30
Time for exam: 25 minutes
How to Prepare for Indian Talent Olympiad 2020?
Important preparation tips for the exams are provided here for the assistance of the aspirants.
- Understanding Syllabus and Pattern of Exam: The students must carefully go through the syllabus and pattern for the respective exam. Preparation strategy should be devised keeping in mind the exam pattern.
- Understanding difficulty: Complexity of questions varies from class to class. The questions test the candidates on their knowledge of basic concepts & fundamentals, reasoning ability, problem-solving skills and analytical skills. Go through the study material and previous year question papers to understand the difficulty level of the exam.
- Choosing Right Books: Students must prepare from the course books prescribed by the respective school boards. In addition, Indian Talent Olympiad provides workbooks, sample papers, previous year question papers along with reasoning books for all the exams and classes. Students can refer to these.
- Practise Question Papers and Sample Papers: Previous year question papers and sample papers are available on the official website of the institution. Students can order the same.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Result
The candidates who sit for various Olympiad exams conducted by the institute can check the result from the official website, indiantalent.org. To check the result, students have to log in using their roll numbers. Alternately, results can also be checked from the official app of Indian Talent Olympiad. Individual results are not dispatched to the students through post.
For exams conducted at 2 levels (ISO, IMO, EIO, GKIO), the result of round 1 (level 1) is used to shortlist candidates for round 2 (level 2). Following are selected for Level 2 exams.
- Top 20% students from each class.
- Class topper with a score of 50% or above subject to the condition that at least 10 students from a class take the level 1 exam. For section wise registrations where at least 25 students participate from each section, class toppers are selected from each section.
Indian Talent Olympiad 2020 Prizes
The students can win Rs. 1 Lac Scholarship, Laptop, Tablet on a National Level after subscribing to the ‘Annual Package’ (Only). Other than that Rs. 2,000 scholarship is provided on monthly tests to Top 50 students on State Level & 2nd, 3rd & 4th Toppers get the scholarships of Rs. 1000, Rs. 500 & Rs. 300 Respectively.
- Yearly Toppers get 1lakh each for 10 Students per class 1 to 10
- Yearly 2nd topper gets Laptop for 10 Students per class 1 to 10
- Yearly 3rd topper gets Tablet for 10 Students per class 1 to 10
- Monthly 1lakhs cash prize given to the toppers for Class 1 to 10
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th Rank holders get scholarship Rs. 500, 300, 200 respectively
- Monthly Certificates and Report cards
- Certificates and Report cards will be sent to student home
Check awards and prize details for annual scholarhips – Click here.
Indian Talent Olympiad
It was established in the year 2012 with an aim to identify and nurture talented students from schools across India. ITO conducts National-level Olympiads to test knowledge, understanding and reasoning skills of the students. Till date, more than 31,573 schools have registered and millions of students have participated for Indian Talent Olympiad Exams. Arjuna and Padma Shree Award Winner, PT Usha is the head of the Advisory Committee of the Institution.
Official Website: indiantalent.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.