West Bengal NMMS 2018 – 2019: Directorate of School Education, every year held the National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMS) in West Bengal. The main objective of the examination is to find the meritorious Student from the Economically backward Section. The examination is especially conducted for VIII Class Student to enable them to further studies after VIIIth Class. Finally selected Student in the exam is provided a specified amount of scholarship by Ministry of Human and Resource Development Department, Govt. of India. Interested candidates were required to fill the application form that had been released by the conducting body for participating in the examination. After the successful completion of exam conducting body will declare the list selected candidates that will be provided scholarship by MHRD. Student are required to read all the information carefully before applying. All the information regarding to West Bengal NMMS 2018 – 2019 has been provided below.
West Bengal NMMS 2018- 2019
National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2018 (for the student studying in class VIII) will held on scheduled date at different centres of West Bengal. Directorate of School Education, West Bengal will conduct the said examination. Candidates can check the complete information of West Bengal National Means Cum Merit (NMMS) 2018 for Class VIII application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below. West Bengal NMMS 2018 Scholarship Examination will be held for all the candidates who are eligible for the examination. The detailed schedule for the same is given below.
|Last date for submission of application|
|Last date to edit and finalisation of application||16 Sep 2018|
|Students can download WB NMMS admit card||02 Nov to 16 Nov|
|End of admit card download||1st week of November 2018|
|Date of Examination||18 Nov 2018|
Admit Card for West Bengal NMMS 2018 will be published on its official website or direct link of the same will also be provided below for the convenience of the candidates, candidates will be able to download it from the official website or from the link given below when available officially. If any problem occurs kindly contact the concerned office of the District Inspector of Schools (SE) by November 16, 2018.
Application Form of West Bengal NMMS 2018 – 2019 is now available on its official website and direct link of the same is also provided below. Candidates have to fill their application online through the official website as per scheduled Notice. Kindly scroll down to read more details about the application form regarding to West Bengal NMMS 2018 – 2019. The direct link to fill the application form is provided below.
Application Process Over!!
Note: The applicants of NMMS 2018 are requested to follow their registered e-mail and sms and their profile in scholarship portal using their registration no. and password regularly as the candidates who will be rejected with unlock will get an opportunity to edit and finalise their applications within the last date.
How to Apply?
Step I : Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number and e-mail used once, could not be used 2nd time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given for future login to the system.
Step II :
- Login to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited till it is locked by you.
Step III :
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate format along with copies of other necessary documents as mentioned below to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) and get the HOI Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of:
- Income Certificate of Parent
- First page of Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
- duly signed by the concerned School Authority latest by 31st August, 2018. The maximum size of scanned document(s) should be 100KB.
- Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate are required only for the SC/ST and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/ photograph/ scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks in the final examination of class VII
are eligible to appear in the Centrally Sponsored NMMS Examination, 2018 for class VIII (5%
relaxation to SC, ST, Disabled candidates).
Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run
residential schools or any Private school are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students
must be studying in recognized Government Schools/Government Aided School/Local
Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah without residential facility.
Parental Income should be below Rs. 1, 50,000/- (One lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all
sources. Income certificate is to be uploaded.
- For salaried person, ‘Employer Certificate’ for the period from 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2018 is to be uploaded.
- For Other person, ‘Income Certificate’ for the period from 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2018 obtained from any competent Authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O / Executive Officer ( in case of Corporation and Municipality area) is to be uploaded.
West Bengal NMMS 2018 Answer Key
West Bengal NMMS 2018 will release official answer key for West Bengal NMMS 2018 exam after successfully completion of the exam. Candidates who will appear in the examinations will be able to download West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2018 Link for the Answer Key will be provided below after official declaration.
West Bengal NMMS Result 2018
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal will release the result of NMMS (National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination) 2018 after successfully completion of the exam. The said examination will be done in various centers of West Bengal. Results will be updated district wise. Candidates will be able to check the result from the link given below or from the official website.
How to check the result?
- Click on the link provided above.
- You will reach to Scholarship Portal of School Education Department, West Bengal.
- Check the name of your district in the list.
- Click on “download” button on the right of the name of district.
- Result list will be displayed.
- Search your name in the list.
Selected Candidates of NMMS, 2018 shall have to upload their information in the NSP (National Scholarship Portal). The Process is likely to be started in the month of August or September 2019. The Selected Candidate will not get the Scholarship amount unless they uploaded their information.
West Bengal NMMS Other Information
Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c (In case of Joint bank A/c, he/she must be the first holder of that A/c). Once the bank detail is submitted it is final and no request regarding change in the bank A/c number will be entertained.
The applicants, who have Aadhaar Cards, link the Bank A/c with your Aadhaar Card positively and mention the same in the space provided in the application.
There are two Educational Districts in addition to 23 Revenue Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) & SILIGURI EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
Further newly created districts are Purba Burdwan ( Sub-Division:- Katwa, Kalna, Burdwan Sadar North, Burdwan Sadar South), Paschim Burdwan ( Comprising of Asansol and Durgapur, Sub-Division), Kalimpong (Comprising of Kalimpong Sub-Division), Jhargram( Comprising of Jhargram Sub-Division). There are two newly created sub-divisions i.e. Jhalda in Purulia district and Mirik in Darjeeling district.
- If an applicant is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Sub-division, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
Applicant should opt for the district in which he/she belongs actually within the Administrative Jurisdiction of the respective district.
West Bengal NMMS Result 2017
West Bengal NMMS 2017-18 examination was held on 05 Nov 2017 and now the Result for the same has been published. Candidates can also check the result here through the link provided below.
- Click here to check the District wise result of NMMS 2017
West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2017
West Bengal NMMS 2017-18 examination was held on Nov 05, 2017 and now the Official Answer key for the same has been published. Candidates can check the answer key which is provided below.
- Click here to check West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2017.
- Click Here to check West Bengal NMMS Revised Answer Key 2017.
Official Website: www.scholarships.wbsed.gov.in