National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2017 (for the student studying in class VIII) was held on 05 Nov 2017 (Sunday) at different centres of West Bengal. Directorate of School Education, West Bengal has conducted the said examination. Candidates can check the complete information of West Bengal National Means Cum Merit (NMMS) 2017 for Class VIII application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
West Bengal NMMS 2017- 2018
West Bengal NMMS 2017 Scholarship Examination was held for all the candidates who are eligible for the examination. The detailed schedule for the same is given below.
|Online Application available from||01 Aug 2017|
|Last date for submission of application||31 Aug 2017|
|Students can download WB NMMS admit card||24 Oct 2017|
|End of admit card download||01 Nov 2017|
|Date of Examination||05 Nov 2017|
West Bengal NMMS Result 2017
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal has released the result of NMMS (National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination) 2017. The said examination have been taken in various centers of West Bengal. Results have been updated district wise. Candidates can check the result from the link given below.
Result: Click here to check the District wise result of NMMS 2017.
How to check the result?
- Click on the link provided above.
- You will reach to Scholarship Portal of School Education Department, West Bengal.
- Check the name of your district in the list.
- Click on “download” button on the right of the name of district.
- Result list will be displayed.
- Search your name in the list.
Selected Candidates of NMMSE, 2017 shall have to upload their information in the NSP (National Scholarship Portal). The Process is likely to be started in the month of August or September 2018. The Selected Candidate will not get the Scholarship amount unless they uploaded their information.
For Official Notice: Click Here
West Bengal NMMS 2017 Answer Key
West Bengal NMMS 2017 has released official answer key for West Bengal NMMS 2017 exam. Candidates who appeared in the examinations can download West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2017. Link for the Answer Key is given below.
- Click here to check West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2017.
- Click Here to check West Bengal NMMS Revised Answer Key 2017
Note: All appeared candidates of NMMSE, 2017 are requested to give their feedback regarding answer keys of the said examination within November 24, 2017 through e-mail in help [email protected] Any feedback after November 24, 2017 will not be entertained.
Admit Card for West Bengal NMMS 2017 has been published, candidates can now download it from the official website or from the link given below. If any problem occurs kindly contact the concerned office of the District Inspector of Schools (SE) by 3.11.2017.
Application Form of West Bengal NMMS 2017 – 2018 is available now. Candidates have to fill their application online through the official website as per scheduled Notice of Scholarship for Selected Candidates of NMMS 2017 has been released. Kindly scroll down to read more.date. The direct link to fill the application form is given below.
- Application Process is over now..!
How to Apply?
Step I : Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number and e-mail used once, could not be used 2nd time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given for future login to the system.
Step II :
- Login to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited till it is locked by you.
Step III :
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate format along with copies of other necessary documents as mentioned below to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) and get the HOI Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of:
- Income Certificate of Parent
- First page of Bank Passbook
- Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
- ̶duly signed by the concerned School Authority latest by 31st August, 2017. The maximum size of scanned document(s) should be 100KB.
- Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate are required only for the SC/ST and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/ photograph/ scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks in the final examination of class VII are eligible to appear in the Centrally Sponsored NMMS Examination, 2017 for class VIII (5% relaxation to SC, ST, Disabled candidates).
Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any Private school are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students must be studying in recognized Government Schools/Government Aided School/Local Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah without a residential facility.
West Bengal NMMS Other Information
Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c (In case of Joint bank A/c, he/she must be the first holder of that A/c). Once the bank detail is submitted it is final and no request regarding change in the bank A/c number will be entertained.
The applicants, who have Aadhaar Cards, link the Bank A/c with your Aadhaar Card positively and mention the same in the space provided in the application.
There are two Educational Districts in addition to 23 Revenue Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) & SILIGURI EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
Further newly created districts are Purba Burdwan ( Sub-Division:- Katwa, Kalna, Burdwan Sadar North, Burdwan Sadar South), Paschim Burdwan ( Comprising of Asansol and Durgapur, Sub-Division), Kalimpong (Comprising of Kalimpong Sub-Division), Jhargram( Comprising of Jhargram Sub-Division). There are two newly created sub-divisions i.e. Jhalda in Purulia district and Mirik in Darjeeling district.
- If an applicant is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Sub-division, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
Applicant should opt for the district in which he/she belongs actually within the Administrative Jurisdiction of the respective district.
Click here for Official Notification.
West Bengal NMMS Result 2016
West Bengal NMMS 2016-17 examination was held on 13 Nov 2016 and now the Result for the same has been published. Candidates can also check the result here through the link provided below.
West Bengal NMMS Answer Key 2016
West Bengal NMMS 2016-17 examination was held on 13 Nov 2016 and now the Official Answer key for the same has been published. Candidates can check the answer key which is provided below.
Note : All appeared candidates of NMMS Examination 2016 are requested to give their feedback regarding answer keys of examinations within 27 Nov 2016 through e-mail in [email protected] Any feedback after 27 Nov 2016 will not be entertained.