The notification is released for National Means-cum-Scholarship (distributed among 30 districts) from the eligible students studying in Class VIII in Government / Government Aided (including Block Grant) / Local Body Schools in the state of Odisha. The Examination will be held in November 4th 2018. National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, 2018-19 will be conducted in one stage only.
Odisha NMMS 2018 – 2019 – National Means Cum Merit for Class VIII
Schedule for Odisha NMMS 2018 – 2019 is given below.
|Online filling up of Application Forms||07 to 25 Aug 2018|
|Submission of hard copies of online application form to the Headmasters / Headmistress by the candidates||31 Aug 2018|
|Submission of countersigned (with seal) hard copies of Application Forms by the Headmasters / Headmistress to the DEOs.||07 Sep 2018|
|Validation of Application Forms after scrutiny by District Education Officers||17 Sep 2018|
|Download of Admit Cards by the Candidates||22 Oct 2018|
|Dispatch of Roll Sheets to the Centres by TE and SCERT||27 Oct 2018|
|Date of Examination||04 Nov 2018|
SCERT, Odisha has published the official answer key of the NMMS Exam. Those candidates who was appeared in the Odisha National Means-cum-Scholarship 2018 exam can chekc the answer key from the link provided below.
Answer Key: Click here to check the Official Answer key of Odisha NMMS 2018 – 2019.
The candidate can fill up the Online Application Form by logging www.scertodisha.nic.in. as per the schedule given above. The direct link to apply online for Odisha NMMS 2018 is also posted on this page. After filling up of the Application Form online, he/she is required to take the printout of the same and submit it to the concerned Headmasters. The Headmaster will forward it to the concerned District Education Officer. The District Education Officer will allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto-generated twelve digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form. The Admit Card will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
Apply Online: Process is over..!!!
Examination Fees: The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear the examination.
Documents to be submitted
A candidate need not submit any document along with the Application Form. However, the selected candidates will have to submit the following documents within one month of the publication of result failing which their names will be deleted from the merit list and next candidates will find place in the selected list.
- Caste Certificate, as applicable, for SC / ST / OBC (SEBC) candidate issued by the concerned Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar
- Disability Certificate for Physically Handicapped candidates issued by the concerned District Medical Board.
- Parental Income Certificate from the concerned Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar
- Children of Annapurna / BPL/ New Ration Card/ Antordaya / Mo Kudia Yojana family can produce the supporting document. They need not produce Income Certificate. These supporting documents should be in the name of his/her parents, otherwise will not be accepted.
- The candidate must have secured at least 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for reserved category) in Class VII Annual Examination or its equivalent
- He/she must be studying in Class VIII during the academic session, 2018-2019 in Government / Government Aided / Urban Local Body Schools of the state.
- His / her parental annual income from all sources should not be more than Rs.1,50,000.00 (Rupees One Lakh Fifty Thousand) only.
The students studying in Government Residential Schools like Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and Residential Schools run by the State Government, KGBV etc. where all expenses paid are not eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
Admit Card for NMMS examination is prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing in the Examination. The direct link to download the Admit card for Odisha NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII will be given below for your convenience.
The NMMS, 2018-2019 will comprise of two papers :
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items with four choices on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 90 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern, perception, hidden figures etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items with four choices from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes.
Syllabus: There is no syllabus for NMMS Examination. However, questions will be asked on the basis of syllabi of Classes VII and VIII.
Examination Centre: Government Colleges and Government High Schools located in district headquarters will be the Examination Centres.
The Merit list of Odisha NMMS 2018 will be announced. Through the Merit list, students will be able to know the result. Candidates are requested to keep checking the website for further information. Also they to check result will also be given below for convenience of the candidates.
The qualifying mark is 40% in each individual paper of MAT and SAT. For reserved category, this qualifying mark is 32% in each paper. The Merit List will be prepared to take the total marks in both the papers secured by the candidate.
Selected candidates will receive scholarship @ Rs. 500.00 per month for four years i.e. from Class IX to Class XI subject to satisfactory academic progress and continuance in institutions of an eligible category.
- The awardees should get clear promotion from Class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
- No scholarship at this stage is payable for studying Diploma / Certificate level Courses.
- For continuing the scholarship in Class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from Class IX to Class X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for reserved category)
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 percent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for reserved category) examination or equivalent examination for the continuation of the scholarship at the higher secondary stage.
State Quota of Scholarship for Odisha: The total number of 3314 scholarships will be distributed among 30 districts. There will be district-wise reservation of scholarships for SC, ST, OBC / SEBC and Physically Handicapped category candidates.
Official Website: www.scertodisha.nic.in.
To know more about Odisha NMMS 2018, download the Information Brochure.