Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 9. These NCERT Solutions for Class 12 of Chemistry subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 9 – Coordination Compounds provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 12 in schools.
Book: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
Class: 12th Class
Chapter: Chapter 9 – Coordination Compounds
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 9 Coordination Compounds
Explain the bonding in coordination compounds in terms of Werner’s postulates.
Werner’s postulates explain the bonding in coordination compounds as follows:
(i) A metal exhibits two types of valencies namely, primary and secondary valencies.
Primary valencies are satisfied by negative ions while secondary valencies are satisfied by both negative and neutral ions.
(In modern terminology, the primary valency corresponds to the oxidation number of the metal ion, whereas the secondary valency refers to the coordination number of the metal ion.
(ii) A metal ion has a definite number of secondary valencies around the central atom.
Also, these valencies project in a specific direction in the space assigned to the definite geometry of the coordination compound.
(iii) Primary valencies are usually ionizable, while secondary valencies are non-ionizable.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry All Chapters
- Chapter 1 – The Solid State
- Chapter 2 – Solutions
- Chapter 3 – Electrochemistry
- Chapter 4 – Chemical Kinetics
- Chapter 5 – Surface Chemistry
- Chapter 6 – General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Chapter 7 – The p Block Elements
- Chapter 8 – The d and f Block Elements
- Chapter 9 – Coordination Compounds
- Chapter 10 – Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Chapter 11 – Alcohols Phenols and Ethers
- Chapter 12 – Aldehydes Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chapter 13 – Amines
- Chapter 14 – Biomolecules
- Chapter 15 – Polymers
- Chapter 16 – Chemistry in Everyday Life
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for 12 Chemistry helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 All Subjects
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.