CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Social Science – SA2
Sample Paper of Social Science (SEM-II) for class 8
Max. Marks: 50 Time: 2 hours
- Questions 1 to 10 carry 1 mark each. Answer in 1 or 2 sentences
- Questions 11 to 20 carry 2 marks each. Answer in 3 or 4 sentences
- Questions 21 to 25 carry 3 marks each. Answer in 5 or 6 sentences
- Question 26 carries 5 marks.
A. Answer the Following questions: (1 X 10= 10)
- 1. What is caste system?
- 2. Who has started the Satya Shodak Samaj?
- 3. Who are known as dalits?
- 4. Who has started the Anti-Untouchability League?
- 5. What is the occupation of vaishyas?
- 6. Why did British set up the municipal corporation?
- 7. Name one hill station established by the British in India.
- 8. What was the capital of India in 1772?
- 9. What feature of Delhi attracted countless empires to make it their capital?
- 10. Who was started the newspaper named Sambandh Kaumudi?
B. Answer the Following questions: (2 X 10= 20)
- 11. Name two Indian painters who experimented with the native style.
- 12. Give an example of each of the features of the Greek and Indo-Saracenic styles.
- 13. Name any two sugar producing countries.
- 14. What is smelting? Why Jamsetji Tata choose Jamshedpur to set up his iron and steel plant?
- 15. Name any two moderately populated regions.
- 16. What is meant by human resource?
- 17. What is disaster management?
- 18. Mention any two steps taken by the government for the welfare of the dalits.
- 19. What is integrated Rural Development programme?
- 20. What is the main mode of transport in rural India?
C. Answer the Following questions: (3 X 5= 15)
- 21. Write a short note on the partition of Bengal.
- 22. Write a short note on the Simon commission.
- 23. Iron and steel Industry is considered as the key or a basic industry. Explain.
- 24. What is a cyclone? What is the kind of damage inflicted by a cyclone?
- 25. What are the kinds of medical facilities available in India today for the rural poor?
26. What are Five-Year plans? What are the major functions of a government? (2+3=5)