Tripura Board Class 11 Syllabus for Business Studies
Tripura Board of Higher Secondary Education Class XI Syllabus for Business Studies with course structure are given below.
Part A : Foundation of Business
Unit 1 : Nature and Purpose of Business : (Periods – 10)
- Concept and characteristics of business.
- Business profession and employment – distinctive features.
- Objectives of business – economic and social, role of profit in business.
- Classification of business activities; Industry and Commerce
- Industry – Types; Primary; Secondary; Tertiary.
- Commerce – Trade : Types (Internal, External, Wholesale, and Retail) and Auxiliaries to trade: Banking, Insurance, Transportation Warehousing, Communication, and Advertising.
- Business risks – Nature and Causes.
Unit 2 : Forms of Business Organisations (Periods – 15)
- Sole proprietorship : Meaning, Features, Merits and Limitations.
- Partnership : Meaning, Features, Merits and Limitations, Types of partnership and Types of partners, Registration of a partnership firm, Partnership Deed.
- Cooperative Societies; Features, Merits and Limitations, Types.
- Company: Private Company, Public Company – Features, Merits and Limitations.
- Starting a Business – Basic factors.
Unit 3 : Public, Private and Global Enterprises (Periods – 10)
- Private Sector and Public Sector.
- Forms of Public Sector Enterprises; Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporation, Government Company (Features, Merits and Limitation).
- Global Enterprises, Joint Ventures, Public Private partnership-Features.
Unit 4 : Business Services (Periods – 12)
- Banking: Types of Bank Accounts- Saving, Current, Recurring, Fixed deposit Account,
- Banking Services with particular reference to – Issue of Bank Draft, banker’s cheque (Pay order), RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) Bank overdraft, Cash Credits, SMS alerts, * E -Banking.
- Insurance: Principles, Concept of Life, Health, Fire and Marine insurance.
- Postal and Telecom Services : Mail (UPC, Registered Post, parcel, Speed Post, Courier) and Saving Services (Recurring Deposit, NSCs, KVP, PPF, MIS)
Unit 5 : Emerging Modes of Business (Periods – 6)
- E-Business – Scope and Benefits, Resources required for successful e-business Implementation, Online transactions, Payment mechanism, security and Safety of business transactions.
- Outsourcing-Concept, Need and Scope of BPO (Business process outsourcing) and KPO (Knowledge Process outsourcing).
Unit 6 : Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics (Periods – 8)
- Concept of social responsibility.
- Case for social responsibility
- Responsibility towards investors, Consumers, Employees, Government and Community.
- Environmental protection and Business.
- Business ethics – Concept and elements.
Part B : Finance and Trade
Unit 7 : Sources of Business Finance (Periods – 16)
- Concept of Business Finance.
- Owner’s Funds – Equity Shares, Preference Shares, and Retained Earnings.
- Borrowed funds-Debentures and Bonds, Loan from Financial Institutions, Loans from Commercial banks, Public Deposits, Trade Credit, ICD (Inter Corporate Deposits).
Unit 8 : Small Business (Periods – 8)
- Small Scale Enterprise- As defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act.
- Role of small business in India- With special reference to Rural Areas.
- Government schemes and Agencies for Small Scale Industries; NSIC (National Small Industries Corporation) and DIC (District Industries Centre) with special reference to Rural & Hilly Areas.
Unit 9 : Internal Trade (Periods – 16)
- Services of a Wholesaler and Retailer
- Types of Retail Trade-Itinerants and Small Scale Fixed Shops.
- Large Scale Retailers- Departmental Stores, Chain Stores, Mail Order Business.
- Concept of Automatic Vending Machine.
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry: Basic Functions
- Main Documents Used in Internal trade; Proforma Invoice, Invoice, Debit Note, Credit Note, LR (Lorry Receipt) RR (Railway Receipt).
- Terms of Trade: COD, (Cash on Delivery), FOB (Free on Board), CIF (Cost Insurance and Freight), E&OE (Errors and Omissions Excepted).
Unit 10 : International Trade (Periods – 10)
- Concept and Problems of International Trade.
- Export, Import, Procedure and Documents.
- WTO : Historical perspective, and functions of WTO
Unit 11: Project Work. (Periods – 10)
List of project : (this list is only exemplary not exhaustive)
1. Auxiliaries to Trade
Find out names of five companies each related to different auxiliaries, i.e., Banking, Insurance Warehousing, Transportation, Communication and Advertising from real life.
2. Cooperative Society
Find out names of five different types of Co operative Societies around you. Also, give details of business activities of any one of them
3. Private, Public & Global enterprises
Give five names each of different types of Public Sector Enterprises (including all 3 types), Global enterprises, Joint Ventures and Public Private Partnerships, Also, give details of business activities of any one of them.
4. Banking-SB Account
Visit a nearby bank to find out the procedure for opening a Saving Bank Account. Collect the required documents and prepare a report on the same.
Visit a bank and remit Rs. 100 to any of your relatives. Write the formalities completed by you for the same.
Write the procedure for transferring funds through RTGS or NEFT.
7. External Trade
Imagine yourself to be an exporter or importer. Collect documents used in your trade, fill them and present them in a file.
Compare life Insurance policies targeting children of any two insurance companies.
9. Social responsibilities
Select any two companies/ firms and give an account of the steps taken by them for discharging there social responsibilities.