Tripura Board Class 11 Syllabus for Geography
Tripura Board of Higher Secondary Education Class XI Syllabus for Geography with course structure are given below.
Unit-I: Geography as a Discipline (6 periods)
- Definition of Geography, Different approaches in Geography, Relation of Geography with other Subjects.
- Branches of Geography: Physical
- Future Scope of different branches and Human of Geography
Unit-II: The Earth . (18 periods)
- Origin of the Earth ( Tidal hypothesis)
- Interior of the Earth
- Rocks: Types, Origin and Characteristics
- Wegener’s Continental Drift theory
- Plate Tectonic
Unit- III: Earthquake and Volcanoes (15periods)
- Earthquake: Causes, Effects and World Earthquake Zones.
- Seaquake and Tsunamis
- Volcano: Types, Causes, Resulting landforms and World distribution.
Unit-IV: Geomorphic processes and Resultant landforms (20 periods)
- Definition and types of Geomorphic process
- Classification and Characteristics of Endogenetic and Exogenetic processes.
- Landforms due to Endogenetic processes
- Folding : Mechanism, Types of fold – Symmetrical, Asymmetrical, Isoclinal, Monoclinal, Recumbent and Overthrust.
- Faulting: Mechanism, Types of fault – Normal, Reverse, Thrust and Step .
Unit-V: Hydrosphere (20 periods)
- Topography of Ocean floor
- Bottom relief : Ocean deposits : Pacific, Atlantic and Indian
- Ocean Origin and Classification
- Ocean as a storehouse of resources
- Temperature and Salinity of Ocean water
- Temperature – Importance, process of heating and cooling, factors of variation, distribution of temperature of ocean.
- Salinity – Concept, Importance, Causes of variation and Distribution.
- Ocean Currents: Causes, Importance and Distribution – Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Ocean.
Unit-VI: Biosphere (18periods)
- Nature and components of Biosphere
- Concept and Importance of Ecosystem
- Types of Ecosystem: Terrestrial (Forest, Grassland, Desert) Aquatic (Inland, Marine)
- Concept of Food Chain, Food Web and Energy flow in Ecosystem
Unit-VII: Economic Resources (15periods)
- Concept and Definition of Resource
- Characteristics of Resource
- Classification of Resource
- Resource creating factors (Man, Nature, Culture)
Unit-VIII Utilization of Resources: Fishing (18 periods)
- Concept of Fishing
- Factors controlling the development of Commercial Fishing Grounds
- World distribution of Commercial Fishing Grounds
- Conservation of fish
Unit-IX Utilization of Resources: Forestry (20 periods)
- Forest resource: Utility, Types and Distribution (Equatorial, Tropical, Mediterranean, Temperate).
- Conservation of forest resources
- Forest resources of Tripura
Unit- X Mineral and Power Resources (20 periods)
- Types of Mineral resources
- Distribution of Mineral and Power resources: Iron ore, Copper, Manganese, Mica, Coal, Petroleum, Natural gas, Uranium and Thorium.
- Mineral resources of Tripura
- Types of Energy Resource : Conventional and Non-Conventional
- Types of Conventional Energy: Thermal, Hydroelectric and Nuclear energy.
- Conservation of Power resources
- Power resources of Tripura
- Map and Scale : Types of Map, Construction of linear scale. 3 Marks
- Map Projection : Construction, Properties of Simple Conical Projection with one standard parallel and Cylindrical Equal Area Projection. 5 Marks
- Cartograms : Preparation of Line graph , Bar graph, Flow diagram. 4 Marks
- Drawing of Isolines : Isotherm, Isohyet, Isobar, Contour . 3 Marks
- Observation and Recording of various weather elements with the help of following instruments :
- a) Six’s Maximum and Minimum Thermometer
- b) Wet and Dry Bulb Thermometer (Hygrometer) 5 Marks
- Drawing of Temperature- Rainfall graph : Equatorial, Monsoon, Mediterranean, Desert, Polar regions. 5 Marks
- Laboratory Note Book and Viva- Voce. 3+2 =5 Marks