JNVST 2020 – 2021 -Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has issued the notification for JNVST 2021 for Class 6. Correction window will remain open on 30 & 31 December 2020 for class VI JNVST 2021. Link to Correction in Application Form for JNVST 2021 is given below. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test is the entrance exam for class 6 admission to the 661 JNVs in the country. JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2021-22 will be held in On Saturday, the 10th April, 2021 at 11.30 A.M in one phase for all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. The official website of the organizing body is navodaya.gov.in, and for the exam it is nvsadmissionclasssix.in. Get here complete details of JNVST 2020 including exam date, admit card, anwer key, result, syllabus.
– JNVST 2021 Correction Window for Application Form is remain open for 30 & 31 Dec 2021. The correction is permitted only in “Gender, Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST), Area (Rural/Urban), Medium of Examination and Disability” Correction in Application Form here.
– JNVST 2020 Admit Card (Phase II) for class 6 is out. Download Admit Card here. JNVST 2020 Phase-II for class 6 (For Winter Bound JNVs) which was postponed has now been rescheduled on 7th November 2020.
JNVST 2020 – 2021
Candidates or their parents can register for JNVST 2021 online at navodaya.gov.in, nvsadmissionclasssix.in. Then download admit card, answer key, result from the same websites as per the following schedule.
|Last date for submission of Application|
29 Dec 2020
|Issuance of Admit Card||to be announced|
|Date of Selection Test for class VI||10 Apr 2021|
|Result||to be annonced|
|Last date for submission of Application|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Phase 1: 01 Dec 2019|
Phase 2: 11 Mar 2020
|Date of Selection Test for class VI||Phase 1 – 11 Jan 2020 at 11.30 A.M. |
Phase 2 -07 Nov 2020
|Result||Phase 1: |
JNVST 2021 Notice – Last date to apply Extended
JNVST 2021 Application Form
The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through the online process. The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the certificate issued by the Head Master/Principal where the candidate is studying in class V with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his/her parent/guardian. The attachments should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between 10-100 kb only.
The eligibility criteria for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2021 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, if the district where JNV is opened is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya is not started in the newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before May 01, 2008 and after Apr 30, 2012 (Both dates are inclusive). This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST). In case of doubtful cases of overage in comparison to the age recorded in the certificate, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the medical board will be treated as final.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2020-21 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘ B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. Schools where students have obtained ‘ B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2020-21. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2021-22 will be subject to the mentioned condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided/recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before September 30, 2019 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme and residing in urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
- Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before September 15, 2020 is not eligible to apply. No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
For Rural Candidates
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the Government/ Government Aided/Government recognized school(s) located in rural areas. However, the candidate should study full academic session in Class-V from the same district where admission is sought.
- Candidates studying under the schemes of National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate / Tehsildar / Block Development Officer.
For Urban Candidates:
A candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV, and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2011 census or through a subsequent Government notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
For Transgender Candidates:
No separate reservation for transgender category candidates is provided and they will be included in Boys category for reservation purpose, under various sub-categories such as Rural, Urban, SC, ST and Divyang.
JNVST 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode: Pen and paper based.
Exam duration: 2 hours. (30 minutes additional for divyangjan).
Total Questions: 80.
Max Marks: 100.
Type of questions: Objective (multiple choice questions)
Distribution of questions:
|Section||Number Of Question||Marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60|
- +1.25 for correct answers.
- No negative marking.
JNVST 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2020 (JNVST) releases on the official website, navodaya.gov.in. Each candidate has to appear for the selection test at the examination center allotted to him/her as indicated on the JNVST 2020 Admit Card. Candidates are required to report to the exam center as per the details mentioned on the admit card. No request for change of center is entertained once the center has been allotted to the candidate.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to non- Hindi speaking State and vice-versa.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661 Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 636 are functioning. The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned is as under:
|Andhra Pradesh||13+02**||Himachal Pradesh||12||Punjab||22+01**|
|Assam||27+01**||Jammu & Kashmir||22+01**||Pondicherry||04|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||03||Karnataka||30+01**||Sikkim||04|
|Chattisgarh||27+01**||Madhya Pradesh||51+02**+01*||Uttar Pradesh||75+01**|
|Daman & Diu||02||Manipur||09+02**||West Bengal||19+01**|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||01||Meghalaya||11+01**||Total 638+22**+1*= 661|
Method of Recording Answers
- A separate Answer sheet will be provided. Candidates are required to indicate their answers at an appropriate place on the OMR sheet. A copy of the specimen OMR Sheet will be uploaded in the website of NVS.
- Only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen is to be used to write on the OMR Sheet. Candidates should bring their own ballpoint pens. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited.
- For each question, there are four probable answers, out of which only one is correct.The candidate is required to select the correct answer and darken the corresponding circle of the chosen answer.
- No change in the darkened circle is allowed. Striking, applying white/correction fluid and erasing on the OMR sheet is also not allowed. Such answers will not be evaluated.
- No negative marking will be done.
About Instruction and Example
- The candidate must carefully read the instructions given on the cover page of the test booklet as well as those for each section before attempting the questions. Candidates are advised to confirm that the test booklet received by them is of the language opted by them for the test. In case test booklet in language opted is not provided, the candidate should get it changed before the start of the examination. It is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the test booklet of his choice as opted in the application form. No representation in this regard will be entertained after the examination is over.
- The total time would be two hours without any break. Additional time of 30 minutes will be allowed for “Divyang students” (differently-abled students).
- Securing qualifying marks in each of the three sections is essential. Candidates are advised not to spend more time on each section of test than suggested, although they are free to adjust the total time, as they like
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card.
- Candidates have to be seated in the allotted rooms latest by 11:00 a.m. Late comers will not be permitted to appear for the test.
- There will be a bell after every 30 minutes.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination hall/room till the completion of full allotted time.
JNVST 2020 – 2021 Result
The result for JNVST 2020-21 can be checked from navodaya.gov.in. It will also available in offline mode, at the offices of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, District Education Officer, District Magistrate, Deputy Commissioner and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region. The candidate are selected as per the result of JNVST 2020-21 gets admission in various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). It should be noted that there is no provision of re-evaluation of the answer scripts. Merely, getting selected through the selection test does not mean that the candidate has secured their admission in JNVs.
JNVST 2020 – 2021 Mock Tests
Mock Tests for JNVST 2020 -21 is now available and direct link to perform the test is also given below in the table. Candidates who are going to appear in JNVST 2020 – 2021 Examination must prepare themselves from these mock test. JNVST Mock Test is prepared by the previous year question papers. It consists of questions that are important and asked many times. With the help of these mock test candidates can estimate the level of examination and also the difficulty of questions. They also under stand the pattern of questions asked by them in the upcoming examination. We are providing Mentality Ability, Language and Arithmetic question paper in both English and Hindi mode. For appearing in the mock test, candidates have to login first with their mail id. After that, they will be able to do a mock test for the respective subject. For the sake of the candidates, direct link for JNVST Mock Test is provided below.
|Particulars||Mock test link|
|Mental Ability||Click Here|
For more details of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2020, Download following notifications.
|Tamil||Mizo||Manipuri Meitei Mayek|
For more details of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test 2021, Download Information Brochure.
Official Website: navodaya.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.