Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 2. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
a. Hunter-gatherers chose to live in caves and rock shelters because ————————.
Answer: they provided shelter from rain, heat and wind
b. Grasslands developed around ———————— years ago.
c. Early people painted on the ———————— of caves.
d. In Hunsgi, tools were made of ————————.
Question 2: Look at the present-day political map of the Indian subcontinent. Find out the states where Bhimbetka, Hunsgi and Kurnool are located.
Answer: Bhimbetka is in Madhya Pradesh, Hunsgi is in Karnataka and Kurnool is in Andhra Pradesh.
Question 3: Why did the hunter-gatherers travel from place to place? In what ways are these similar to/different from the reasons for which we travel today?
Answer: Hunter-gatherers traveled from place to place in search of food. Once food resources at a place were exhausted, they needed to go to a new place. Now-a-days; people travel for various purposes. Some people travel because they enjoy travelling. Some people travel to meet relatives and friends on special occasions. Some people travel as a part of their work. Some people travel to explore new places.
Question 4: What tools would you use today for cutting fruit? What would they be made of?
Answer: We use knife for cutting fruit. Knives are made of steel.
Question 5: List three ways in which hunter-gatherers used fire. Would you use fire for any of these purposes today?
Answer: Three ways in which hunter-gatherers used fire are as follows:
- For cooking
- For warding off wild animals
- For clearing forest
Yes, today also we use fire for cooking purpose.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects