ational Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Scheme 2016-17 : Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India has launched a centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Scheme. Under this scheme scholarship will be awarded to 1,00,000 students (at National level) selected at the end of class VIII. The scholarship will start from Class IX and would continue till Class XII at the rate of Rs 6000/- per annum. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarship to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at Class VIII and to encourage them to continue their studies till Class XII.
The students for the award of this scholarship will be selected through the State level Test conducted by State Council of Educational Research and Training, UT Chandigarh for the class VIII students
UT Chandigarh NMMS schedule is given below.
|Last date of submission of application form||31 Aug 2016|
|Admit card||13 Oct to 24 Oct 2016|
|Date of examination||06 Nov 2016|
|Result||Last week of Jan 2017|
Chandigarh NMMS Result
Official NMMS 2016-17 stage I Result has been declared. NMMS 1st level exam for class 10th was held on 06 Nov 2016. Candidates can check the Result here, through the direct link provided below.
Chandigarh NMMS Answer key
Official NMMS 2016-17 stage I answer key has been published. NMMS 1st level exam for class 10th was held on 06 Nov 2016. Candidates can check the official answer key here, through the direct link provided below.
Chandigarh NMMS Application Form
Application Forms can be collected from the office of Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh Sector 32 or can be downloaded from the official website of State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh. You can also download the application form from the given below link.
Note: The completed application form duly signed by Principal of the school should be submitted to the State Liaison Officer before the last date.
Eligibility to appear in the examination
- Must have scored 55% and above marks in Class VII examination (in the academic session 2014-15) and has been promoted to class VIII (in the academic session 2015-16). 5% relaxation in marks for reserved category.
- Studying in Government, local body and private aided schools only.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 1, 50,000/- (Rs. one lac fifty thousand only) per annum.
- Parental Income Certificate issued by Govt. Employer in case if the parents are Govt. Employees and affidavit attested from Magistrate/Notary in case the parents are in any private service / job has to be attached with the form.
Admission Cards are to be collected from 13 Oct to 24 Oct 2016 from State Council of Educational Research and Training, Sector 32 C, UT Chandigarh by a representative of the Head of the concerned School
The pattern of written examination will be as follows: The examination will comprise of two parts, namely –
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) covering Science, Social Sciences and Mathematics of classes VII and VIII level.
Note : Each test will have 100 questions. Each question will carry one mark.
Result of the NMMS examination will be announced by State Institute of Education in the last week of January 2017.
UT Chandigarh Important Information
Scholarships: On the basis of the examination, 85 scholarships will be awarded to the students of UT Chandigarh who are appearing in Class VIII examination.
Reservation: As per State norms including 3% reservation for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Selection: There will be one stage selection process for award of scholarship. The selection will be done by State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chandigarh through a written examination on the pattern of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) held by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). For the NMMS, there will be no second stage examination.
Merit List : The minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for general category and 32% for reserved category students to be eligible for award of scholarship.
State Quota: Union Territory Chandigarh has been allotted a quota of 85 seats for scholarship. The division of seats will be done according to reservation policy of UT Chandigarh.
- A student can avail only one Scholarship under any Scheme.
- The awardees will be asked to open Joint account with parents in State Bank of India, which has core banking facility.
- SBI will ensure that their branches and its associates SBI Indore, Patiala, Mysore, Hyderabad, Travancore, Saurashtra, Bikaner and Jaipur will open account of such awardees without any initial deposit/minimum deposit charges and will issue ATM-cum-Debit Cards.
- The state will identify the awardees and hand over the list of beneficiaries to SBI for payment of scholarship
- The State Government/UT Administration will scrutinize the claim bills for payment of scholarship and subsequently their continuance and submit the list of eligible awardees to SBI for payment of scholarship. The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates);
- SBI will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees on quarterly basis (Rs.1500/- each quarter) after getting the list from each state;
- SBI will instruct some of its branches to coordinate with the State Education Department for payment of scholarship;
- Wherever SBI does not have its branches, the candidates will be asked to open their account in the public sector banks, which have Electronic Clearing System (ECS) facility. The SBI and its associates will transfer the scholarship on quarterly basis in the account of awardees.
Chandigarh NMMS 2015 – 2016
UT Chandigarh NMMS Result
Result of the NMMS examination has been announced by State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT). The SCERT has also released the list of candidates who are selected for the National Means cum Merit Scholarship in Chandigarh. The candidates can the UT Chandigarh NMMS Result using the links provided below.
Check Chandigarh NMMS Result – Click here
- Check the list of Selected Candidates for Chandigarh NMMS – Click here
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at lest 40% marks in each. For the reserved category this cut off will be 32% marks.
- The parental income of the students should not more than Rs. 1.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
- The awardees should satisfy the eligibilities and the conditions mentioned in the scheme.
The Answer Keys of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination 2015 has been released. Any objections regarding questions and their answers may be submitted in writing to the Director, State Council of Educational Research and Training, UT Chandigarh up to 30th November, 2015.