Assam NMMS 2019 – 2020 for Class VIII: All the registered candidates must note that the admit card for NMMS 2019 has been released & you can download the same from the link provided below. It is hereby notified that the State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for class VIII will be conducted on November 03, 2019. The online filling up of the application process is over. The result for Assam NMMS will be released on the official website. Under this Scheme, Scholarship is awarded to benefit the children of weaker sections of the society. Candidates can get here all the details regarding Assam NMMS 2019 from the article below.
Latest: Assam NMMS 2019 Admit Card has been released. Scroll down to download the same.
Assam NMMS 2019 – 2020 for Class VII
Important dates are provided in the schedule below. It is advised to cross-check all the dates & its events before proceeding further.
|Last date of submission of application form||10 Oct 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||Released|
|Date of exam||03 Nov 2019|
Admit Card for the candidates is now available on the official website as per the schedule dates. The candidate can download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or username from the official website. Any candidate fails to submit the required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
Admit Card: Click here to download the NMMS 2019 Admit Card for class VIII.
NMMSS Examination will be held at almost all the District Headquarters. However, the center of examination may be increased or decreased by the authority depending upon the number of candidates for the Examination from the District.
Notification for Assam NMMS 2019-20 has been released on the official website. Candidate can download the Notification with the help of link provided below.
- Click here to check the Assam NMMS 2019-20 Notification.
The Online application form for the Assam National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2019-20 was released on the official website and a direct link for the same was also provided below. Interested candidates were required to read the instruction carefully which was available on this page before apply online. Candidates should keep the scanned copy of all the essential document details of which is provided below before online Form Submission.
Application process over!
For offline: Application must be submitted to the following address: Application of NMMS Examination “Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati, PIN- 781019”
- For general category Rs 170/- per student
- For SC/ST category Rs 120/- per student
Steps to be followed by candidates
- Documents required for Online Form submission
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Declaration by Gazzated Officer.
- Scanned copy of the Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of the Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Please download and print the Declaration by Gazzated Officer, and get it filled up by the head of the Institution / Gazetted Officer. Scan the same and keep it ready while online form submission you will need to upload it.
- Candidate must use either Mozilla Firefox OR Google Chrome for best results.
- Applicants must have a valid Email id.
- Before filling up the Online Application Form read the instructions carefully.
- Fill the Online Application Form carefully and upload scanned photograph and signature (Size of photograph and signature should not be greater than 35KB, 30KB respectively. The photograph and signature should be either in ‘.jpeg’ or ‘.jpg’ format). It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected.
- There is provision to make changes in the Online Application Form before submission. However, before clicking on Submit button candidate should verify the entries made in Application Form. There is no provision to make changes in the Online Application Form once Submit button is clicked.
- If any mistake is done during online submission by the applicant then he/she may fill up and submit another online application afresh before the deadline.
- Please note that if you do any mistake in filling the online Application Form, it cannot be corrected by the Director Of Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam. The Director Of Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam will take no responsibility of any kind for such mistakes.
- The Applicant’s email id and mobile number will be used for further communication.
How to deposit fee
- After submitting the Online Application Form, you should take SBI Bank E-Challan printout which is in two parts. You can log in with your password and take print out of your online submission form after successful payment.
- Required fee is printed on your SBI Bank E-Challan. With this E-Challan pay the fee in any Branch of State Bank of India from second working day onward, from the day of printing E-Challan. Do not forget to obtain your copy of E-Challan showing Journal ID/Transaction ID after depositing fee.
- For OFFLINE submission of application, the examination fee shall have to be deposited in the Bank A/c given below and the original receipt of pay-in-slip must be enclosed with the application.
Bank Details: Name and style of current A/C “National Talent search Examination” Account No.3O294941517 Bank SBI, Kahilipara Branch. Application fee deposited/ sent by another way shall not be entertained.
- The students of class VII studying in Govt. & Provincialised Schools are only eligible for NMMS Examination.
- The Parent’s/ Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs.1.5 lacs per annum.
- The students should have at least 55% marks in class VII.
The pattern of written examination will be as follows. The examination will comprise in two parts –
- Part I: Mental Ability Test (MAT) for 90 minutes
- Part II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The SAT will consist of 90 marks covering Science, Social Studies and Mathematics of class VII & VIII.
All questions in the booklets are objective type.
Each question carries 1 mark.
Qualifying marks for candidates from the General category are 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
The Assam State quota is 2411.
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST category
- 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Assam National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Examination 2019 – 20 answer key will be published by the officials. The NMMS exam for class VIII will be held in the month of November 2019. Candidates can check the official answer key from the official website of the Assam National-Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS).
The result for Assam NMMS Examination will announce on the official website after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the exam and as per reservation rule. Candidates can check Assam NMMS 2019 results from the link that will be provided below.
Cut Off will be released after the result have been declared successfully. We will be providing the cut off here on our page for the ease of the candidate.
Previous Year Question Papers and Answer Key
Previous Year Question Papers and Answer Key will help the candidate to understand the pattern of questions in the exam. Also with the help of Answer Key candidate will be able to evaluate the score. Question Papers and Answer Key of previous year will be uploaded here soon.
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
Duration of the Test
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Official Website: madhyamik.in