Assam NMMS 2017 – 2018
It is hereby notified that the State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for class VIII will be conducted on 05 Nov 2017. Under this Scheme Scholarship is awarded to benefit the children of weaker sections of the society. The scholarship is paid to the students till they complete their studies up to class XII i.e. for a maximum period of 4 years @ Rs. 500 /- (Five Hundred) per month.
Schedule for Assam NMMS for class VIII is given below.
|Last date of submission of application form||20 Sep 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||27 Oct 2017|
|Date of exam||05 Nov 2017|
Admit Card for the candidates is available now. The candidate can download his/her admit card by putting his/her application number or username from the link given below or from the official website. Any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
- Click Here to download the Admit card for Assam NMMS !!
Students can submit application for NMMS Examination both in offline and online. For offline submission, the application form can be collected from the office of the concerned Inspector of Schools during the office period i.e. from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. within the prescribed date mentioned in the schedule.
For offline – Application must be submitted to the following address: Application for NMMS Examination “Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati, PIN- 781019”.
For Online – Students can apply online from website www.madhyamik.in or through the direct link given below.
- The application process is over now!!
Steps to be followed by candidates
- Documents required for Online Form submission
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Declaration by Gazzated Officer.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Please download and print the Declaration by Gazzated Officer, and get it filled up by the head of the Institution / Gazetted Officer. Scan the same and keep it ready while online form submission you will need to upload it.
- Candidate must use either Mozilla Firefox OR Google Chrome for best results.
- Applicants must have a valid Email id .
- Before filling Online Application Form read the instructions carefully.
- Fill the Online Application Form carefully and upload scanned photograph and signature (Size of photograph and signature should not be greater than 35KB, 30KB respectively. The photograph and signature should be either in ‘.jpeg’ or ‘.jpg’ format). It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected.
- There is provision to make changes in the Online Application Form before submission. However, before clicking on Submit button candidate should verify the entries made in Application Form. There is no provision to make changes in the Online Application Form once Submit button is clicked.
- Please remember the password given by you; it is important for further login. In case you forget it, call the helpline no. 09769199421 [ Monday to Saturday : 10 a.M to 6 p.M ]
- After submitting the Online Application Form, you should take SBI Bank E-Challan printout which is in two parts. You can login with your password and take print out of your online submission form after successful payment.
- Required fee is printed on your SBI Bank E-Challan. With this E-Challan pay the fee in any Branch of State Bank of India from second working day onward, from the day of printing E-Challan. Do not forget to obtain your copy of E-Challan showing Journal ID/Transaction ID after depositing fee.
- If any mistake is done during online submission by the applicant then he/she may fill up and submit another online application afresh before the deadline.
- Please note that if you do any mistake in filling the online Application Form, it cannot be corrected by the Director Of Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam. The Director Of Secondary Education Guwahati, Assam will take no responsibility of any kind for such mistakes.
- The Applicant’s email id and mobile number will be used for further communication.
How to deposit fee
Fee: Rs.150/- per student of General Category. Rs.100/- per student of SC/ST Category.
For offline submission of application, the examination fee shall have to be deposited in the Bank A/C given below and the original receipt of pay-in-slip must be enclosed with the application.
Name and style of current A/C “National Talent Search Examination” Account No.30294941517 Bank SBI, Kahilipara Branch. Application fee deposited/ sent by other way shall not be entertained.
For online submission of application, the candidates have to deposit fee in any SBI Branch by e-challan generated by Online portal. The last date of submission of fees in Bank is 25 Sep 2017.
- The students studying in Govt. & Provincialised Schools are only eligible for NMMS Examination.
- The Parent’s/ Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs.1.5 lacs per annum.
- The students should have at least 55% marks in class VII.
Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
Result for Assam NMMS Examination to be held on 05 Nov 2017 will be announced as per the schedule provided above. Candidates will be selected the basis of their performance in exam and as per reservation rule.Candidates can check check Assam NMMS 2017 result here as per official announcement.
- Result link will be available here..!!
NMMSS Examination will be held at almost all the District Headquarters. However centre of examination may be increased or decreased by the authority depending upon the number of candidates for the Examination from the District.
Selection Test for NMMS
A written examination will be held for selection of candidates under the NMMSS Scheme.
Assam State quota is 2411.
- 15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
- 7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category and
- 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Assam Disrict & Center List (NMMS)