Important Talent Search Exams
|Allen TALLENTEX 2018 (Class 5 to 11)|
|Aakash ANTHE 2017 : 100% Scholarship (Class 8, 9, 10)|
- a. Such a regular arrangement of the constituent particles [atoms, ions or molecules] of a lattice.
- b. The constituent particles of crystalline solids are arranged in definite fashion in three dimensional space.
Characteristic of crystal lattice:-
- a. Each point in the crystal lattice represents a constituent particle which may be atom, molecule, ion.
- b. Each points in the lattice is called lattice point or lattice site.
- c. The points are joined by lines just to represent the geometry of the lattice.
- The smallest three dimensional portion of a complete space lattice which when repeated over and over again in different directions produce the complete space lattice is called the unit cell.
Parameters of a unit cell:-
- a. Its dimensions (length) along the three edges may or may not be perpendicular
- b. Angles between the edges, angle alpha(a) between b and c, β between a and c, γ between a and b. Thus a unit cell is chaterised six parameters.
Based upon difference in the parameters there are basically seven types of unit cell are:-
|« Click Here for Previous Topic||Click Here for Next Topic »|