Class 10 Social Science Nationalism and Imperialism – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Nationalism and Imperialism. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Nationalism and Imperialism.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Nationalism and Imperialism
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Nationalism and Imperialism
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Nationalism and Imperialism from this article.
Nationalism and Imperialism
- Idealistic liberal democratic sentiments because of a narrow creed with limited ends. Nationalist groups became increasingly intolerant of each other and ever ready to go to war.
- After 1871 nationalist tension mounted in Europe in the area called Balkan’s. The Balkans was a region of geographical and ethnic variations.
- A large part of Balkans was under the contral of the ottoman Empire.
- The spread of the ideas of romantic nationalism in the Balkans and downfall of Ottoman Empire made this region very explosive.
- As the different Slavic nationalist struggled to define their identity and independence, the Balkans became an area of conflict.
- There was intense rivalry among the European powers over trade and colonies.
- This led to a series of wars in the region and finally the first world war.
- Many countries in the world which had been colonized by the European powers in the 19th century began to oppose imperial domination.
- The anti-imperial movements developed nationalism and formed independent nationstates.
A New Conservatism after 1815
- After the defeat of Napoleon in 1815 European govts were driven by the spirit of conservatism.
- Conservatives believed in traditional institutions of state & society like the monarchy, the church, social hierarchies, property and the family be preserved.
- In 1815 representatives of the European powers. Britain, Russia, Prussia and Austria who had collectively defeated Napoleon met at Vienna to draw up a settlement for Europe.
- The treaty of Vienna of 1815. The Bourbon dynasty which had been deposed after the French revolution was restored to power.
- Conservative regimes set up in 1815 were autocratic. They did not tolerate criticism and sought to curb the activities.
- Most of them imposed censorship laws to control newspapers, books plays and songs and reflected ideas of liberty and freedom.
1. Why did Nationalist conflict rise in the Balkans?
2. Describe the rise of Nationalism in the third phase of 19th century in Europe.
3. What do you understand by the term conservatism?
4. When was Napoleon defeated and who defeated him?
5. Explain the treaty of Vienna what were its objectives?
6. What type of conservative order existed in Europe in 1815?
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
CBSE Notes for Class 10 Social Science Maths Notes Science Notes English Notes
Leave a Reply