Class 10 Social Science Political Parties – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Political Parties . Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Political Parties
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Political Parties
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Political Parties
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Political Parties from this article.
A political party is a group of people who come together to contest elections and hold power in govt and make public opinion among the people of country.
The role of Political Parties to Shape Public Opinion
- They raise and highlight issues.
- The parties clear the policies of govt. to people.
- The parties clear the policies of govt. to people.
- Political parties give their ideas in favour and against the govt.
- Political parties give their ideas about the new laws made by the govt.
- In this way the political parties help to create public opinion in people. So it is necessary for people if they want to establish democratic govt. they have to analyze for and against democracy.
Challenges to Political Parties
Parties are for the working of democracy parties are the most visible face of democracy. It is natural that people blame parties, criticise them.
Parties have to face many challenges:-
- Lack of Internal democracy :-
- Concentration of powers in one hand.
- Parties do not conduct internal election.
- Leaders assume greater power to make decision in name of party.
The second challenge of dynastic succession is related to the first one. Those who happen to be the leaders are in a position of unfair advantage to favour people close to them or even their family members.
Growing role of money and muscle power in parties
The parties tend to nominate those candidates who have or can raise lots of money. In some cases parties support criminals.
- The fourth challenge is that very often parties do not seem to offer a meaningful choice. In order to offer meaningful choice, parties must be significantly different.
- There has been a decline in the ideological differences among parties.
- The difference among all the major parties on the economic policies have reduced.
- Those who want really different policies have no option available to them.
- Lack of good leaders.
Reforming the Political Parties
- The constitution was amended to prevent elected members from changing parties.
- The supreme court passed an order to reduce the influence of money and criminals.
- Now it is mandatory for every candidate who contests elections to file an affidavit giving details of his property.
- The election commission passed an order making it necessary for political parties to hold their organizational elections and file their income tax returns.
- A law is made to regulate the internal affairs of political parties.
- The govt. should give money to parties for election so that every one who wants to participate in elections can do the same.
1. What is public opinion?
2. Explain the role of political parties in making public opinion.
3. What is ruling party?
4. What is defection?
5. What is affidavit?
6. What are the various challenges faced by political parties.
7. What steps have been taken by the govt for the smooth functioning of political parties.
8. Give two merits of any political party
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
To get study material, exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.