Candidates can download NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 1 from this page. The exemplar has been provided by the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) and the candidates can check it from below for free of cost. It contains objective, very short answer type, short answer type, and long answer type questions. Along with it, the answer for each question has also been provided. From the NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 1, candidates can understand the level and type of questions that are asked in the exam.
NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 1 Number System
NCERT Class 6 Maths Unit 1 is for Number System. The type of questions that will be asked from NCERT Class 6 Maths Unit 1 are displayed in the below provided NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 1. With the help of it, candidates can prepare well for the examination.
Also Check: NCERT Solutions Class 6 Maths
Main Concepts and Results
(i) Knowing our Numbers
- Large numbers upto one crore
- Reading and writing of large numbers
- Comparing large numbers
- Indian System of Numeration
- International System of Numeration
- Use of large numbers
- Estimation of numbers
- Use of brackets
- Roman numerals
(ii) Whole Numbers
- Natural numbers
- Predecessor and successor of a natural number
- Whole numbers: The natural numbers along with zero form the collection of whole numbers.
- Representation of whole numbers on the number line
- Addition and subtraction of whole numbers on the number line
- Properties of whole numbers :
- Closure property-
Commutativity of addition and multiplication
Associativity of addition multiplication
Distributivity of muliplication over addition
Identities for addition and multiplication
- Division of a whole number by zero is not defined
- Patterns in whole numbers
(iii) Playing with Numbers
- Factors and multiples
- Number of factors of a given number is finite
- Number of multiples of a given number is infinite
- Perfect number: A number for which sum of all its factors is equal to twice the number.
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests for divisiblity of numbers by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 11
- Common factors and common multiples
- Coprime numbers
- More divisibility rules :
-Product of two consecutive whole numbers is divisible by 2
-If a number is divisible by another number, then it is divisible by each of the factors of that number.
-If a number is divisible by two coprime numbers, then it is divisibile by their product also.
-If two given numbers are divisible by a number, then their sum is also divisible by that number.
-If two given numbers are divisible by a number, then their difference is also divisible by that number.
- Prime factorisation of a number:
- Highest Common Factor (HCF) of two or more numbers
- Least Common Multiple (LCM) of two or more numbers
- Use of HCF and LCM in problems of day to day life.
Multiple Choice Questions
True False Type Questions
Fill in the Blanks Type Questions
Other Important Type Questions
Click here to download NCERT Exemplar Class 6 Maths Unit 1 Number System.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.