Important Talent Search Exams
|Allen TALLENTEX 2018 (Class 5 to 11)|
|Aakash ANTHE 2017 : 100% Scholarship (Class 8, 9, 10)|
Tamil Nadu State Board Botany Sample Paper for Class 12
Tamil Nadu Board of Higher Secondary Education Sample Paper / Model Paper for Class 12 Botany is given below.
XII STANDARD– BOTANY
Time allowed : 3.00 Hrs
Maximum Marks : 150
30 x 1 = 30
Note : 1. Answer all the questions.
2. Choose and write the correct option.
3. Each question carries one mark.
1. Bentham and Hooker’s classification of plants is an example for
a. artificial system
b. natural system
c. phylogenetic system
d. sexual system
2. ‘Origin of species’ had given stimulus for the creation of classification of plants called
a. sexual system
b. natural system
c. phylogenetic system
d. artificial system
3. Plants having flowers with petals fused with one another are placed under
4. Solanaceae is placed under
5. Monothecous anthers are seen in the members of
6. Vexillary aestivation is seen in the corolla of
7. The type of aestivation seen in the perianth of female flowers of Cocos nucifera is
b. descendingly imbricate
d. ascendingly imbricate
8. Lacunate collenchyma is seen in
9. Root hair develops from
c. subsidiary cell
10. Hypodermis of maize stem is made up of
11. The vascular bundles are collateral, open and endarch in
a. monocot stem
b. monocot root
c. dicot root
d. dicot stem
12. Bundle sheath in dicot leaf is made up of
13. One of the stop codons is
14. The unit of genetic map is
15. The 17th human chromosome is
16. Trisomy is represented by
a. 2n – 1
b. 2n – 2
c. 2n + 2
d. 2n + 1
17. Unorganized mass of undifferentiated tissue is called
c. somatic embryo
18. The enzyme which cleaves DNA at very specific places is called
d. restriction enzyme
19. The fusogenic agent used in protoplasmic fusion is
c. polyethylene glycol
d. hypochlorite acid
20. The name enzyme was coined by
21. Protein component of an enzyme is called
d. prosthetic group
22. Which one of the following is essential for the formation of chlorophyll?
23. Which one of the following is a 4 carbon compound?
24. Hatch-Slack pathway is also known as
b. C2 Pathway
c. C3 Pathway
d. C4 Pathway
25. An example for insectivorous plant is
26. Glycolysis takes place in
27. The rate of growth in length can be measured by
a. Lever auxanometer
b. test tube and funnel experiment
c. Kuhne’s experiment
d. Ganong’s experiment
28. Which of the following is widely employed as a successful biofertilizer in Indian rice field?
a. Sesbania rostrata
b. Acacia nilotica
c. Indigofera linifolia
d. Azolla pinnata
29. Tikka disease of groundnut is caused by
a. Pyricularia oryzae
b. Cercospora personata
c. Xanthomonas citrii
d. Tungro virus
30. The plant product used to treat heart diseases is
15 x 3 = 45
Note : 1. Answer any 15 questions.
2. Each question carries 3 marks.
31. What is type specimen?
32. Write the botanical names of any two medicinal plants of Asteraceae and state their uses.
33. Write a note on androecium of Schizanthus pinnatus.
34. Draw the floral diagram of disc floret of Tridax and write its floral formula.
35. Write any three anatomical differences between gymnosperm and angiosperm.
36. What is genome?
37. Write any three significance of crossing over.
38. Write three sentences about genetic code.
39. Define recombinant DNA.
40. How is cell wall removed from intact cells by enzymes?
41. Define energy of activation.
42. Differentiate PS I from PS II.
43. What is photolysis of water?
44. Under what conditions does cyclic electron transport take place?
45. Write the overall reaction of glycolysis.
46. What is electron transport chain with reference to respiration? State its significance.
47. Define respiratory quotient. What is the respiratory quotient value of glucose?
48. What is bolting?
49. Explain genetically modified organisms in biological warfare.
50. Write any three economic importance of groundnut.
SECTION – D
4 x 10 = 40
Note : 1. Answer any 4 questions.
2. Draw diagrams wherever necessary
3. Each question carries 10 marks.
63. Describe Cocos nucifera in botanical terms.
64. a. Write a note on economic importance of Fabaceae. (5 Marks)
b. Differentiate the androecium and gynoecium of Malvaceae to that of Rubiaceae. (5 Marks)
65. Describe the anatomy of monocotyledonous stem.
66. Explain the central dogma of molecular biology.
67. Describe the various steps involved in protoplasmic fusion.
68. Explain various steps involved in Calvin cycle.
69. a. Describe the experiment to demonstrate the liberation of carbon dioxide during respiration. (5 Marks)
b. Write the significance of pentose phosphate pathway. (5 Marks)
70. What is sustainable agriculture? Describe its role in modern agricultural practices.