Tamil Nadu State Board Geography Sample Paper for Class 12
Tamil Nadu Board of Higher Secondary Education Sample Paper / Model Paper for Class 12 Geography is given below.
MODEL QUESTION PAPER – CLASS – XII
Time – 3 hrs
Marks – 150
PART – I
Answer All Questions
All Questions carry Equal Marks.
SECTION – A
Fill up the blanks: 15 x 1 = 15
1. Coniferous Forests are a _______________ biome.
2. The population numbers theory was first propounded by ______________.
3. The city along the Thames river is _____________.
4. The reason for suburban development is ______________.
5. Weber’ s theory is known as _______________.
6. “Weight gaining Industry” is seen located at _________________.
7. Most of the countries in UNO are getting loans from ______________.
8. The process by which the less developed countries are pushed to poverty is known as _______________.
9. In a transport network there are ________________ and ______________.
10. The first ever man- made satellite of the world is ___________
11. The RRSSCs provide software solutions through a package called __________
12. The National Mission where in remote sensing techniques are used to provide pre-harvest estimates on crop is _______________.
13. The countries that benefit from the Niles are __________ and ___________.
14. The DPAP is a _______________ sponsored scheme.
15. In ______________ country water is metered in approximately two – thirds.
SECTION – B
Match the following: 15 x 1 = 15
SECTION – C
Choose the Correct Answer 10 x 1 = 10
31. The biospheric plant and animal communities that are confined to a territory
32. The reason why the developing countries are unable to exploit their entire working potential is:
a) Small population numbers
b) Lack of essential services
c) Lack of resources
d) Absence of hardwork
33. The theory based on markets
a) Market theory
b) Goods theory
c) Central place theory
d) Malthus theory
34. The links that are established for selling the consumer products
a) Input linkage
b) Output linkage
c) Strong linkage
d) Weak linkage
35. The goods produced in excess of a country’ s own needs
36. It is a method of long distance communication using signal language
c) E – mail
37. Sensors and Instruments are used from a distance to collect the information about earth objects.
a) Remote sensing
c) Aerial Photograph
d) Resource satellites
38. The country which has achieved water supply for all her people is
39. Poverty is a
40 The techniques that reduce the amount of water applied to crops
b) Automated Irrigation
c) Macro Irrigation
d) Micro Irrigation
SECTION – D
Pick up the correct statement 10 x 1 =10
41. a) The first organisms began their lives in the seas.
b) The first organisms began their lives in the land
c) The first organisms began their lives in the plain
42. a) Of all ecosystems, human ecosystems have greater importance and value.
b) Of all ecosystems, fresh water ecosystems have greater importance and value
c) Of all ecosystems, fresh mountain ecosystems have greater importance and value
43. a) The plant and animal communities at the biosphere living in a particular territory is called the ‘Ecosystem’
b) The plant and animal communities at the biosphere living in a particular territory is called the ‘ biomes’
c) The plant and animal communities at the biosphere living in a particular territory is called ‘ social biomes’
44. a) Temperate tidal lands ‘wetlands’
b) Temperate tidal lands “marshy land’
c) Temperate tidal lands ‘Estuary’
45. a) Market areas of the central places are Rectangle
b) Market areas of the central places are Triangle
c) Market areas of the central places are Hexagonal
46. a) Activities are all integrated by their functions and are designated as the ‘ Input ‘Linkage’
b) Activities are all integrated by their functions and are designated as the ‘Output Linkage’
c) Activities are all integrated by their functions and are designated as the ‘Functional Linkage’
47. a) The trade that takes place daily or on a specific week day within a place is called ‘Local Trade’
b) The trade that takes place daily or on a specific week day within a place is called ‘Rural Trade’
c) The trade that takes place daily or on a specific week day within a place is called ‘ Bilateral Trade’
48. a) Organization which has an ambitious programme at remote sensing applications ‘ISRO’
b) Organization which has an ambitious programme at remote sensing applications ‘FAO’
c) Organization which has an ambitious programme at remote sensing applications ‘RRSSC’
49 a) The region where the Amazon and Congo traverse is ‘Temperate region’
b) The region where the Amazon and Congo traverse is ‘Equatorial region’
c) The region where the Amazon and Congo traverse is ‘Polar region’
50. a) NDVI is based on ‘ Field level data’
b) NDVI is based on ‘ Satellite data’
c) NDVI is based on ‘ Inverview data’
Answer briefly (50 words)
All questions carry equal marks 15 x 2 = 30
Answer any 15 of the following define:
51. Biomes – Define
52. Bunched village – Define
53. Fuels – Define
54. Trade bioc – Define
55. Transport network – Define
56. Earth station – Define
57. Natural disaster – Define
58. What is coral reefs?
59. What are reasons for uneven distribution of population?
60. What is Trade balance?
61. What is European Economic community?
62. What is information Expansion?
63. What is Remote sensing platform?
64. What is the nature of water consumption in the world?
65. What is land degradation?
66. What is Earthquake?
67. What are Desertification?
68. Give meaning of Biodiversity.
69. Give meaning of conservation of wildlife.
70. What do multilevel routes mean?
Part – III
Answer briefly (200 wards)
All Questions carry Equal marks 6 x 5 = 30
Answer any six of the following
71. Describe the cold desert biome.
72. Describe the million cities.
73. Explain – Trade trap and the fall of Market.
74. What are the merits of Cargo Traffic.
75. Write about the word’ s water demand.
76. Describe the history of conservation and resources management.
77. What is the meaning of Marx’ s population theory?
78. Theory of Industrial Location –Explain.
79. How is desertification caused – Explain?
PART – IV
Answer in detail (400 words)
All Questions Carry Equal Marks
SECTION – A
Answer any three of the following 3 x 10 =30
80. Describe the types of Trade.
81. Describe the means of water pollution.
82. How should we be prepared for facing a disaster – say flood?
83. Explain Rainwater harvesting with suitable diagram.
84. Describe water conservation and management
SECTION – B
1 x 10 = 10
85. Label the deserts on the world map and Explain Desert Biomes.
Label the major Earthquake locations in the world map and briefly explain.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.