A dream area in the specialized area of accounting, auditing, corporate tax, corporate finance, taxation.
Different stages of CA course
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT)
- 4 hours objective type test (Negative marking)
1st stage course –
- Professional Competence Course (PCC).
- Comprises of 2 groups with 3 papers each (total 6 papers).
- Complemented by 3.5 years of practical training and 100 hours of information Technology training (ITT).
2nd stage final course – comprises of two groups with 4 papers each (total 8 papers).
Duration of the course – 4 years apprx. if the student passes all eligible examinations in first attempt.
Name of the organization – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Address – Headquarter: ICAI Bhawan, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Near Karkardooma Court, Delhi-110032 Phone: 011-39893990. Website: http://www.icai.org.
Entry level – 10+2
Admission Procedure –
- Register with ICAI after completing 10th.
- Appear in the CPT exam after appearing in the 10+2 exam.
Date of availability of admission form – Throughout the year.
Date of submission of form
Form for registration for CPT should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the 1st day of the month in which examination is to be held. Thus students registered on or before 1st April or 1st October will be eligible to appear in June or December examination, as the case may be.
Fee for registration for CPT – Rs. 6100/- (including study material)
Important Documents to be Enclosed with the Form
- Demand draft towards registration and ether fees.
- Attested copy of proof of Date of birth and 10th pass rnarksheet.
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality (in case of a foreigner).
- Attested copy of the Special category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PH).
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
- CAs are highly demanded and sought after professionals in the practice of income tax, service tax and other indirect tax areas.
- CAs are statutory recognized audit practitioners .
- CAs are technically equipped to act as Management consultants .
- CAs possess adequate knowledge in systems and information technology which help to excel in the area such as development of advanced IT systems for the organizations including the functions of finance and accounting.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.