“CHOOSING A CAREER MEANS CHOOSING THE WAY OF LIFE WE LEAD”
- Career affects all aspects of our life — Personal, Social and Professional.
- Career forms our identity.
- The daily routine is decided by the kind of career one has.
- Our social status, friends, way of living, neighborhood, social circle – all depends on our choice of career.
- The time that we spend with our family, friends and ourselves depends on the choice of our career.
- The money available for food, clothing, shelter, entertainment, etc. depends on the earning we get from our work/job.
- The happiness or comforts and unhappiness or discomforts we face at our work. The place depends on the job/profession that we take.
- If we choose the work of our liking we do it with perfection and get encouragement and rewards which boost our self-esteem.
“LET’S LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE OF CHOOSING A CAREER”
If we select a career which we do not enjoy then sooner or later it will develop:-
- Boredom with the work routine.
- Boredom with fellow colleagues.
- Boredom with life.
- Boredom generates frustration.
- Frustration generates dissatisfaction with work and life.
- It leads to anger and depression.
- It leads to various physical and mental problems like headache, stomach ache,acidity, ulcers, hypertension, nervousness, and lethargy.
“LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST”
- We may not always get a career of our choice.
- incase we do not get the career of our choice then we must learn to enjoy whatever career we have because in large countries like India we can’t get a tailor-made career for us.
- We should learn to enjoy & respect our work as no work is small or big.
- We should aim at being a productive & happy citizen and a satisfied individual.
“BEFORE CHOOSING A CAREER, ONE SHOULD KEEP IN MIND“
- Your Interest
- Your Special Abilities/ Aptitude
- Your Intelligence Level
- Your Scholastic Achievement or Grade
- Your Personality
- Your Attitude and Values
- Name of the Course
- Name of the Institute offering the course
- Whether the Institute offering this course is affiliated or recognized by the concerning Government Body
- Whether the course is recognized or not
- Duration of the course
- Admission procedure
- Content to be studied during the course
- Fees and other financial features
- Scholarship and other benefits available for doing this course
- Infrastructure, Library and other facilities like labs, etc.
- Teaching Faculty.
- Chances of getting employment after finishing the course
- Nature of the work to be performed
- Time schedule — single/ shift duties
- Place of working
- Payscale/ Earning
- Chances of promotion
- Mode of Promotion
- Chances of Self employment
To get study material, exam alerts and news, join our Whatsapp Channel.