Poster Writing is one of the most fun and creative piece of English Writing. It is by far the easiest question in which students can attempt to score better in the English exam. Making a poster allows the students to answer a question by using their imagination and creativity. To ace the question on poster writing, check the format, topics to practice and sample question on poster making given below.
More Writing Formats You Should Know
Poster Writing Guide For Class 12 Students
What is Poster Writing?
A poster is a piece of paper that depicts the social issues / concerns of the environment. It could be related to some advertisements also. Basically, it is a piece of art that catches the maximum attention of the viewers because of its messages.
Tips For Attempting the Question on Poster Making
A poster is a powerful piece of writing that speaks to viewers more than words. It comprises of both pictorial representation of the topic as well as written content on the topic. It is prepared keeping in mind the target audience. Following are the types of posters:
- Invitations like posters for carnivals, fests, exhibitions etc
- Social cause, warning, prevention
- Workshops or Seminars
Important Resources For Class 12 Board Exams
Format of a Poster Writing
The students who are about to appear for the CBSE Board English examination must be aware of the format of poster making. Generally, students score full marks in this question which is why, we have provided the format of poster writing.
- Issuing Authority: Here you have to write the name of the organising body of the particular event.
- Title: This is the point where you can make the deal. Make a catchy title which is basically the gist of your announcement or issue.
- A sketch: After the title, you have a draw a picture depicting your issue. For instance; 4 ways to save water.
- Date, Time and Venue: Here you have to mention the date and time of the event which has to take place. Do not forget to mention the venue of the event.
- Contact Information: This is an important part of your poster. Remember to add the details of the concerned authorities as the people reading the poster must have contact numbers of the event co-ordinator in case any query arises on the day of the event.
Some Do’s and Dont’s of Poster Making
- Your poster must not exceed the word limit of 50 words.
- The poster should be in a box.
- Make the content inside the poster to the point and crisp.
- Make sure your answer to a poster must fit in one page only. It should not be continued to the next page.
- Also, bold or underline the important information inside the poster.
- Keep the word limit within the prescribed word limit only.
- Do not use complex language.
- Do not use the short form of the words.
- Make sure your poster is in the proper structure / format.
Topics to Practice for Poster Writing
There are numerous topics that you can practice for the examination. Some of the topics which can be used for practice are given below.
#Conservation of Water: Suggest Ways to Conserve Water
# Campaign Against Drugs: Say No to Drugs
# Blood Donation Camp Organized by School
# Make a poster about Book Week Organized by your school
# Diwali Mela Organised By School
# Ways to Prevent Pollution
# Harmful Effects of Plastics
Sample Poster for CBSE Board English Exam 2020
Sample Question 1: Being the President of Lions Club, Model Town, prepare a poster on ‘Diwali Mela’ to be held at Chhatrasal Stadium.
|Lions Club, Model Town Organises a Diwali Mela|
To Bring Out The Joy and Make This Festival a Sparkling One
Venue: Chhatrasal Stadium
Date: 29 February, 2020
Time: 5.00 PM – 10.00 PM
Entry Fee: Adults: 300, Children below 10: No fee
This Year Celebrate Eco-Friendly Diwali, Enjoy with Fun Games
For any query, Contact:
Mr. Anil Mehra
Sample Question 2: You are the Secretary of your colony, design a poster for the Cleanliness Drive.
| Cleanliness Begins at Home|
Let’s Make Our Colony a Clean and Neat Place to Live; Join us for
On March 1st, 2020
Assemble at Japanese Park, Rohini, Sector 11
At 10.00 AM
We Pledge To:
Plant More Trees
Put More Dustbins on The Roads
Marking Scheme For Poster Writing
Check the marking scheme for poster writing for Class 12th English exam given below.
|Format (title and name of the issuing authority)||01 mark|
|Expression and Accuracy (Spellings, Grammar)||01 mark|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.