Diary is a kind of personal document. It records an individual’s account of a day of his/her life.
- Top left- Date, day and time.
- Tense Most frequently used- Simple past, Present perfect and future.
- First person application.
- Begin the entry with general sentence describing the day or momentary feelings.
- In the body, you may discuss an event, your feelings towards it. How it is likely to affect your future plans.
- Conclude with final remark and future course of action.
1- You are Naresh. You happened to go to Agra in a crowded bus on a hot summer day. Record your experience in the form of a diary entry.
Today I had the bitterest experience of my life. I never had such an awful experience in my life before. I had gone to Agra for an urgent work. There were very few buses plying today as most of them had been put on election duty. I waited for two hours at the bus-stop to get into the bus. It was much crowded. I somehow managed to get some space for myself. It was really difficult to breathe. Everyone was sweating. People were pushing each other. After journey of two hours, I came out of the bus and took a sigh of relief.
I’ll never forget this journey in my life.
Questions for practice:
1- Today you visited your ancestral village and watched the farmers harvesting a crop of wheat. Make a diary entry describing your experience at the village.
2- You happened to visit the science city, Gandhinagar as a part of educational excursion of your school. Describe your experience in the form of a diary entry.
3- You were a member of a team of students campaigning against the spread of smoking in the village community. Make a diary entry describing your participation and success achieved in your mission.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.